News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Bah. I'm not feeling friendly now. Been sick since Christmas day. Fever, chills the whole drill. I've done nothing but sit in the recliner. Lou drug me out to a bbq restaurant today and I didn't even eat more than two bite of the bbq sandwich. I'm ready for my summer back.

And on top of that, I get an email from HR today and discover in contradiction of what they told us earlier in the year, it matters not one bit if you have vacation scheduled or not. Why does this matter? Because state employees can only carry over 240 hours of vacation time a year.  (They had told us if we scheduled it in advance, it would be the same as using it.)
Which means that as of the 1st, I lose north of $1500 worth of vacation time.  For the second year. Next year, they can bite me, I'm taking every stinking minute they owe me.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I've went back to work. Just in time too. The other full time employee has a bacterial infection and is out the next couple days.

I also have pink hair again.

Brandon had the flu for Christmas.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

mini

Quote from: Lynx on December 27, 2017, 11:50:39 PM
Quote from: mini on December 27, 2017, 08:26:37 PMHey, thats the shorter version of me thats a Parole Warden, aka Roscoe.

:ugly:
Yeah the friendly one is the parole officer. :cool:

No, the ugly one is the parole officer.

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Still in Indiana for Christmas. Er post-Christmas at this point. I fly home tonight and I'm EVER so ready.

I miss my bed.
I miss my routines.
I miss the silence.

We had 1-3 inches of snow here in Terra Haute for Christmas though. And yesterday it never got above THREE degrees.
The cold is about to make me have an anxiety attack.

I miss Texas. And our mild weather.

Hurry up 5pm. So I can travel to Indy and get on my plane!!!

Had fun with my baby bro though. Haven't seen him in almost 6 months. :clap:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Quote from: mini on December 27, 2017, 08:26:37 PM
Quote from: Nelle on December 27, 2017, 06:18:56 PMMini - I know those parolees are difficult, but I'm glad they have someone as dedicated as you to watch over them. It's good to hear about people in such important positions who care about how they do their job! :D

Hey, thats the shorter version of me thats a Parole Warden, aka Roscoe.

HAHAHAHAHA. I can't believe I did that! Apologies. LOL. :D

mini

Quote from: MelodyB on December 27, 2017, 06:21:58 AMNO WAY!!! Last Christmas, by Wham, is my ALL TIME FAVORITE Secular Christmas song!

Like seriously. I have loved it for years! I hate when Taylor Swift or whoever the female is that remade it recently, is heard on the radio, I will change the station... Like for real.

How could you not like that song?     

http://babylonbee.com/news/thorn-pauls-flesh-revealed-whams-last-christmas/
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

It's not the first yet Roscoe- can you take the vacation days now?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on December 28, 2017, 06:54:20 PMIt's not the first yet Roscoe- can you take the vacation days now?
I am. LOL. Unfortunately, While I have figured out that my employer wants 2 days work in each day, I have not figured out how to benefit from two days vacation in one day. Ain't no way around it, they've got me again. But it won't happen for the next 13 years before I retire....I'll take every Friday off, and deal with the ton of appointments on Monday before I let that happen.

And it is cold. Too cold for me to get anything I had planned done. I haven't got propane for the shop, so I can't go out there. I'm stuck reading a book and repairing things like Lou's steamer mop, in the house, where it is toasty.

And Nelle- you are unfriended for confusing my kind, debonair, witty, charming self with the Galoot from the heathen land of Oklahoma. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on December 28, 2017, 08:23:37 PMAnd Nelle- you are unfriended for confusing my kind, debonair, witty, charming self with the Galoot from the heathen land of Oklahoma. :pound:

You may be a lot of things, but kind, debonair, witty, and charming you aint.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 28, 2017, 08:23:37 PMAnd it is cold. Too cold for me to get anything I had planned done. I haven't got propane for the shop, so I can't go out there. I'm stuck reading a book and repairing things like Lou's steamer mop, in the house, where it is toasty.
Too cold?

Well at least that's ONE way you're not like Fred. Remember how I made a big list of the ways you were similar to my uncle Fred? I finally found a way you are not like him. This is his kind of weather here. Too cold for everybody else is just right for Fred.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 29, 2017, 01:51:28 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 28, 2017, 08:23:37 PMAnd Nelle- you are unfriended for confusing my kind, debonair, witty, charming self with the Galoot from the heathen land of Oklahoma. :pound:

You may be a lot of things, but kind, debonair, witty, and charming you aint.

I am so. Okay, I may struggle with the debonair part a bit. Also the kind bit , if it's before 10am and without coffee...and it's true, the charm side only comes out to people that I want to see it. But I've totally got witty covered. I think. :pound:

To the rest of the kind folks who did NOT question my accurate statement of my qualities, good day. I slept in way too late, and have cleaned a bit. Gonna drag myself to town for the first time in a few days in a little bit.

mini

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 30, 2017, 12:57:45 AMOk, kiddos, be nice to each other. :roll:
But, Ma, HE started it!! :pound:

Mini: Mama's boy. Cry Baby. Troublemaker.

I drove the vette into town. The tires that were wonderfully grippy in summer- are hard as a rock when they're cold. The first five miles or so I felt like I was riding on square rocks.
I've now eaten a sloppy joe sandwich and am back to chillin'...:-p

mini

I went to our HYC.

I'm looking forward to being home.

Roscoe

Where's everyone else at??
And its bad for me to be sleepless with access to the internet. I spent sometime last night wanting, of all things, a cigar box guitar. Just listening to the gritty,  bluesy slide guitar sound put me to wanting one, even more so when I saw one that was made from antique license plates! I could indulge my love for blues AND car parts. If I could just learn to play it.... And, they were popular in Rusty's day, so they are period correct....

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. It's chilly & rainy & dreary today. Need some :shine:

Roscoe

It is cold....bad cold. We had church and now I'm whiling the last little bit of 2017 away. Lord. It doesn't seem possible. I'm still seeing 1999 and worrying about Y2K. My life is unrolling like the last 4 turns of toilet paper on the roll. :lol:

MelodyB

As the roll turns...

Cold? It's currently 24º here in the southernmost part of Mississippi. Yeah..

The puddles in our yard are frozen over.

I dont have to be at work till 9. Thank Jesus!

I slept in today. Was glorious! Now about to clean the kitchen and cook something  (just an excuse to turn on the oven...lol) and get ready for work.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

It's currently 9 degrees here in our sunny warm state.  Why can't we have snow to go with this cold?!?!

Roscoe

Guys, I've said it before. I.DON'T. LIKE. COLD!!!

I finally was able to doze off at nearly 3am. Wife woke me at 6, our minister friend who is currently living at the church in a travel trailer until they get their house, was having problems with the propane heat. As soon as it got light, I went out to go help- only to find my truck dead as a door nail. I hadn't driven it in a couple of weeks. Took and hour to get it started and warmed up, at which time I discovered Bro Wilson had went over and fixed the problem.
So I went back to bed for a couple hours..
 It's still not gotten above 25 degrees and the wind is blowing making it even colder. I am totally not a fan.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been cold here, at least cold for my part of Texas. I think the high was 32*.  Still much better than those folks up north.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on January 01, 2018, 09:37:04 PMIt's still not gotten above 25 degrees and the wind is blowing making it even colder. I am totally not a fan.
That is a very good thing. A fan would make it feel even colder...

I still maintain what I have said before - I'd rather have too cold than too hot. Too cold, you can keep adding layers of clothing. When it's too hot there's only so far you can go the other way before you get arrested.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Currently 22º here. Supposed to be 17º Tomorrow at this time..

In not too fond of it either. Blah..

I like the 40-50s for wintertime temps.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Speaking of the cold...

http://www.gocomics.com/bc/2018/01/02

I think they nailed it. So, how about that global warming eh?
"Do you sing at church?"