News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I wish I could lurk. Unfortunately, I have been on the road all day, doing home visits to make sure the boneheads I supervise are where they are supposed to be...
 They were. Mostly.
And I have got to find a couple days to take off. I have too much vacation time, and I don't want to lose it at the first of the year...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Oh, about the turkey... after five people ate all they could hold, we had a gallon and a half of leftovers. I took half of it home with me. Wound up giving the rest to somebody at work today, with the advice to use it in something like a stew or turkey & dumplings, because it was cooked last Thursday and we probably want to short circuit bacterial growth.

In related news, a turkey sandwich on sourdough toast with some good cheese is an awesome way to start the day. It should be lightly toasted until the cheese is warm, but not quite melted. No mustard or mayo needed.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

Dad is now sedated and on a ventilator in ICU. There is my post.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes, I'm sorry as well, Heather. Parent's health issues are never easy..

Made it through another day. Sometimes I feel like I'm on God's treadmill. Always plodding along, never really making any progress in life. :-(
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Not much to tell... or at least not much worth telling.

mini

If anyone asks, I'm a mild mannered, quiet, timid, introvert.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Quote from: mini on November 30, 2017, 02:36:29 PMIf anyone asks, I'm a mild mannered, quiet, timid, introvert.

:ugly:

You hide it well...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

I'm still reeling from the fact that a respected PASTOR would advise his friends to blatantly lie for him....

Well...I took tomorrow off and burned 8 hours of that time I'm gonna lose if I don't take. And I got drug to Conway for a carriage ride tonight.
And that's pretty much it.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 01, 2017, 05:17:06 AMWell...I took tomorrow off and burned 8 hours of that time I'm gonna lose if I don't take. And I got drugs in Conway for a carriage ride tonight.

*gasp*  :nono:
Drugs? And you're a popo....shame on you.

So OVER these error messages on here....it took me several tries to post this post. And then it still gave me an error but then told me a new reply had posted and it was my own.... :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 01, 2017, 02:31:18 PMA carriage ride sounds fun. Did Chey like it?
Quote from: MsJennJenn on December 01, 2017, 02:49:52 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on December 01, 2017, 05:17:06 AMWell...I took tomorrow off and burned 8 hours of that time I'm gonna lose if I don't take. And I got drugs in Conway for a carriage ride tonight.

*gasp*  :nono:
Drugs? And you're a popo....shame on you.

So OVER these error messages on here....it took me several tries to post this post. And then it still gave me an error but then told me a new reply had posted and it was my own.... :roll:
:pound:
I NEEDED drugs to deal with that.
And Chey loved it. I was a bit miffed though. They had one beautiful 1880 style white carriage, and the other looked like a hay wagon with car tires. When it was our turn, they tried to put us on the hay wagon. I told Lou if we were going on a carriage ride, it was going to be in a carriage. If I wanted to ride on modern tires like the hay wagon, I'd roll the windows down, drive the block real slow, and save the money. Needless to say, we rode the authentic carriage.
And I'm over the error messages too, but I can't do anything about them and don't know who to contact. About half way afraid to tell Scott because he may  go back to the "we need to shut it down" phase. I'd rather deal with error messages than lose it. :-(

Heather

Dad is still in ICU. They are talking about putting a trach in mid week next week if he stays stable. Either things will get better or we are on the downhill side of all this. None of this is from the cancer, it's all from 40 years of smoking.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I hate to hear that. It DOES make me very thankful that I never picked up that habit. I've a close friend , a local police chief, that is currently battling health issues caused from a 40 year cigarette addiction...

Roscoe

:hi: I slept in today. Woke up to a surprise phone call that a ham friend was on the way over with something for me. He delivered me another 50 foot ham radio tower. :happy: I'm gonna put two more 40 foot towers  up, on the edges of my property, for antennas. It'll keep everything neat and clean looking and still let me enjoy my hobby.
And I spent the day tinkering with my antennas and finally have them where I want them, I think.
Now I'm enjoying some cookies that Daisy is trying her best to take from me. Life is good.

Lynx

Two MORE? So how many does that make total? 

And do multiple antennas work together to increase signal reception? Or do you have to switch to the antenna that sounds better at a given time?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 03, 2017, 10:34:29 AMTwo MORE? So how many does that make total? 

And do multiple antennas work together to increase signal reception? Or do you have to switch to the antenna that sounds better at a given time?
Three. And you switch between antennas depending on what band (frequency) you are on..

Lynx

So does one antenna specialize in a certain band, but if the signal is strong enough one of the other antennae can cover it? Or are all three absolutely essential to get messages over the whole spectrum?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 03, 2017, 10:15:00 PMSo does one antenna specialize in a certain band, but if the signal is strong enough one of the other antennae can cover it? Or are all three absolutely essential to get messages over the whole spectrum?
The wire antenna that the new towers will support (currently being supported by temporary supports) will cover at least three different bands for US-wide use, mainly, thanks to a device called a tuner. It's designed for 30 to 500 mile use mainly. My main antenna covers the overseas/worldwide contacts.
 Truth is, a wire antenna can be used with a tuner on pretty much all bands, but the main antenna does it much better

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

I think folks should keep their cats in their own yards. I have a fenced yard but you can't easily keep out cats. :(

Roscoe

True. I caught one in my Studebaker the other day when I went to look in it. It lost it's mind wanting to get out.  And it's supposed to storm here tonight. I've tucked the 'vette and Rusty into the shop just in case hail comes through..

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 04, 2017, 11:08:53 PMI think folks should keep their cats in their own yards. I have a fenced yard but you can't easily keep out cats. :(
Yeah, well it's not all that easy to keep cats IN a yard either. You try telling a cat what to do. =^.^=

Just don't ever feed the cats and occasionally maybe yell and throw pebbles at them. Cats don't usually go where they know they are not wanted. Throwing pebbles at them won't hurt them but it will convey a definite message.

What are they doing, leaving tracks on your car?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I've tried that, they keep coming back, especially at night. They are stalking my chickens & spraying stinky hormones and pooping in garden & gravel driveway AND getting on cars.

They need to get a catio. They'd be upset if my animals were in their yard.