News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I don't guess I've ever tasted it. Totally will be trying it this season.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on October 05, 2017, 05:53:21 PMSorry, I didn't know there were so many eggnog haters. I'll try to keep my elation to myself.

My husband (and several of his family) LOVE it. His grandma makes sure to buy a carton at Christmas (and sometimes Thanksgiving) just so they can all have a cup. Enjoy it all YOU want. Don't squash your enjoyment on our opinions of a product you love! I'll still enjoy everything I like to eat and drink no matter what everyone else thinks of it, haha. :)

I'm already over the next three months. I don't have a spare weekend.. and I have a house I so desperately NEED to clean! We have mostly church commitments, but there are a few holidays and personal ones as well. I just need space to breathe! haha..

Nelle

Ashlee - I just noticed that you are located in American Samoa. Please, I'm so curious what your life is like there! Were you originally from that region?

Nelle

Oh, and Fuzz... I wondered why there hadn't been a new blog update in a while. I check it a couple of times a week just in case they update, haha. I thoroughly enjoy reading about their lives abroad. :)

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Eggnog is good....in small doses. When I buy any, I buy the smallest bottle or carton, and then drink about a little over half a normal sized coffee cup full. So maybe just under a cup at a time. And I can't just have it like just drink it all up, I have to be in the mood for it. Maybe some one day and go a day or two without having any more. Sometimes it even goes bad before I finish the carton. *gasp*

It's just not my thing, even though I enjoy it on my terms. Lol
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Nelle on October 05, 2017, 10:28:06 PMOh, and Fuzz... I wondered why there hadn't been a new blog update in a while. I check it a couple of times a week just in case they update, haha. I thoroughly enjoy reading about their lives abroad. :)
Ok, she posted. :bigcheese:
http://sagaunscripted.blogspot.com/2017/10/pchum-ben-2017.html

iridiscente

I only had 20 days in the States and they were packed full... so I was more focused on family than on blogging about them

Roscoe

Well.
Look at the oldies trickling back in. 'Tis gooooood.
 Now if I could just rope Cheesehead and drag him back here....and Ruby. And a couple others.

Morning all. SO glad it is Friday!!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on October 06, 2017, 01:18:37 PMI genuinely like my family.
That is a rare thing to be able to say nowadays. I love mine- like particular members of it a lot, but I don't know that I could issue that blanket statement. LOL

Nelle

oh I don't blame you a bit! I wish we could go back to the days where you normally do stay living around your family, hahaha. I'd LOVE to do that!!!  I'm glad you all got some quality family time. :)   I just really adore reading the stories of your family's adventures and discoveries. I may never get to actually visit outside of the US, so I really enjoy reading about expats and others who just are traveling.  I know we don't generally discuss tv in here, but on Netflix, my husband and I really enjoy watching Departures. It was so neat getting to see countries that I wouldn't see otherwise, and not just in the touristy ways. I really should travel more.. hahaha..

We are going to The Fall Gathering tomorrow. It's one of the premiere "junk gatherings" in this region. We LOVE going to see all the neat, new, vintage, and the like stuff. Then we have outreach and Street RAGE in the afternoon sometime. Busy weekend this weekend!

Roscoe

Quote from: Nelle on October 06, 2017, 04:32:03 PMWe are going to The Fall Gathering tomorrow. It's one of the premiere "junk gatherings" in this region. We LOVE going to see all the neat, new, vintage, and the like stuff. Then we have outreach and Street RAGE in the afternoon sometime. Busy weekend this weekend!
I need to be at this junk gathering. That is totally my type of scene..

Roscoe

Lou's been sick since Thursday. She starts feeling better and now I feel like crud.

Lynx

Well when it's inevitable... might as well bow to the inevitable and try to earn a brownie point along the way.

http://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2017/02/17
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

It's nice this morning but supposed to get hot this afternoon and possibly break record high.

The Purple Fuzzy

I guess everyone is off galavanting.

* The Purple Fuzzy looks under the furniture but doesn't see anyone.
* The Purple Fuzzy hollers to see if there's an echo.
* The Purple Fuzzy listens to see if crickets are chirping.
* The Purple Fuzzy wanders out to see what she can get into.

Roscoe

I've been busy making folks mad today. Managed to totally tick off one of my offenders. Irritated another highly. Both had problems understanding the concept of consequences and reactions. They never heard that for every action there is an equal reaction. In short, don't run from your P.O. and ignore him, then expect that he won't use the legal teeth the state gives him to bite you figuratively and take you to jail, literally. LOL
 Feel like crud, and am not doing what I needed to, which is yard work, Instead I'm laying around inside, while my wife took a friend's wife to little rock to check on him in the hospital.

The Purple Fuzzy

I wish my nephew would learn about consequences. He hasn't suffered many and the few he DID suffer haven't done him any good.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 10, 2017, 12:58:59 AMI wish my nephew would learn about consequences. He hasn't suffered many and the few he DID suffer haven't done him any good.
That's the problem with many of the people I deal with...

iridiscente

Lynx

Bobby you have reported feeling like crud a lot lately. What's wrong?

When I feel like crud I know why - it's my own fault for ingesting a large quantity of dairy, like the large mug of hot egg nog I just drank this morning. Now I'll have sinus crud for half a day, and it's worth it. It was delicious.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 09, 2017, 04:34:22 PMIt's nice this morning but supposed to get hot this afternoon and possibly break record high.

Not anymoreee. It's like 56 right now. Not supposed to last, but..... :roll:

Quote from: Lynx on October 10, 2017, 01:42:38 PMBobby you have reported feeling like crud a lot lately. What's wrong?

When I feel like crud I know why - it's my own fault for ingesting a large quantity of dairy, like the large mug of hot egg nog I just drank this morning. Now I'll have sinus crud for half a day, and it's worth it. It was delicious.

Dairy makes sinus stuff WORSE. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Actually Dairy causes the sinus crud in my case because I am mildly allergic to Dairy. But I still eat cheese and drink eggnog because it is delicious and worth every sniffle.
"Do you sing at church?"