News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrumpyBear

I just now got my permit... I have to wait till I'm 16 to get my license.

But at least I got to drive the vette to and from school today :lol: ... with dad of course.
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3
Spending dad's money on cars, guns, and clothes since 2006;)

The Purple Fuzzy

So, you have to drive with an adult for now?

Roscoe

Yes, she does. Until at least July.

Busy day/night/ week. Ready for weekend
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Just don't smoke the tires. I don't know about Bobby specifically, but most parents have a "You burn 'em, you buy 'em" policy with tires.

Coincidentally most kids I know who liked burning rubber when they got their first car are a LOT more careful with the accelerator after they had to buy new tires.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi:
Back at work.
 Ready for the weekend although it's going to mean no time for me and time for everyone else again. Oh well. I'll get some of this stuff done that I  need to someday
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I got a box of Manischewitz crackers because I saw them at a great price. THEN I noticed they were gluten-free, grain-free, made for Passover. Mostly they are made with tapioca starch and potato.

They are... um... chewy.

Anybody got any idea what to do with these? Best I can think of is crush them, add butter and use the mess for a casserole crust.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Lynx on October 21, 2021, 11:25:49 PMI got a box of Manischewitz crackers because I saw them at a great price. THEN I noticed they were gluten-free, grain-free, made for Passover. Mostly they are made with tapioca starch and potato.

They are... um... chewy.

Anybody got any idea what to do with these? Best I can think of is crush them, add butter and use the mess for a casserole crust.

Idea- perhaps covert to Jewish and celebrate the Passover..Temporarily of course :lol:
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 22, 2021, 02:04:48 AMMaybe cracker toffee. https://www.littlesweetbaker.com/christmas-crack-saltine-cracker-toffee/
Nice recipe, one I would probably try with graham crackers.

Unfortunately these chewy things would totally ruin it.

Although... crushed and rolled into little balls, they might be a good base for a candy snack of their own. Hmm... They don't dissolve very well in water. Maybe I could adapt a pretzel snack recipe for them.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

That recipe uses saltine crackers and the one I tried was awesome. I don't think I'd switch for graham crackers without trying it first.

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi:
 Got back last night from Branson. Chey was happy. Myself, I'm having trouble with my hip. Wound up sleeping all night in my recliner because it hurt too bad to lay down.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's no fun. Hopefully it'll get better soon.

Nelle

@Work.

Took off Friday to work around the house before my mom came Sunday, but ended up using more than half the day to work on church books for the bank. Finally got that done and was able to start on the house again. Worked on it Saturday too.

Jeremy flew out on Sunday afternoon to go stay and hunt in Nevada with his best friend (Navy buddy). The whole family treats him like family, so I know he's having fun. My mom arrived yesterday afternoon as well, and we had a roaring good time last night with tornado sirens and storms. Did NOT get enough sleep tho.

We are going to have Italian Chicken for supper tonight I think. Pretty simple to make and hopefully rest up from the weekend a little more. I hurt my shoulder sometime on Saturday, and even just lifting that arm hurts it. It DOES feel a little better than it did even yesterday, so hopefully that's on the mend. I want a nap when I get home, but I doubt I'll get that, haha.

Roscoe

Enjoyed a ride with Chey in her Miata today. She enjoys driving and scaring me to death.
Still sore, but I DID get some things done- such as the starter put back on Chey's vette and got it moved; finished loading the scrap metal trailer; cleaned up some assorted junk; and smoked a roast. Now I'm sitting in the recliner, trying to relax.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 25, 2021, 11:07:27 PMEnjoyed a ride with Chey in her Miata today. She enjoys driving and scaring me to death.
Still sore, but I DID get some things done- such as the starter put back on Chey's vette and got it moved; finished loading the scrap metal trailer; cleaned up some assorted junk; and smoked a roast. Now I'm sitting in the recliner, trying to relax.
Still sore? That must have been SOME ride! I didn't know a Miata had the cornering to make a passenger sore.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 25, 2021, 11:07:27 PMEnjoyed a ride with Chey in her Miata today. She enjoys driving and scaring me to death.

Wait your kid who doesn't even have an official license yet has a miata AND a corvette? lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Well..... she's a bit spoiled. And the miata and the 'vette are both old.
And the soreness has nothing to do with the Miata and everything to do with my being old and having mistreated myself for years.
Back at work. I could get use to this four day work week- and fervently hope to get to get used to it, soon.

The Purple Fuzzy

GrumpyBear

Quote from: Roscoe on October 26, 2021, 07:18:07 PMWell..... she's a bit spoiled. And the miata and the 'vette are both old.
And the soreness has nothing to do with the Miata and everything to do with my being old and having mistreated myself for years.
Back at work. I could get use to this four day work week- and fervently hope to get to get used to it, soon.

I am indeed very spoiled.I have 0 shame.
Roscoe's Daughter
Daddy's Girl<3

Lynx

But you are aware of it and appreciate it...

REAL spoiled brats would consider it their due. I don't think you can qualify as being truly spoiled unless you think you deserve everything you get. :p
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I think someone needs a baby brother. :hypocrite:

Nelle

@Work.

Rough day.. bad headache.. weather system coming through. Pretty sure that's why we all have it here in the office, haha.

BUT - Today is my Friday! So I'm still going to smile. Mom and I are hopefully going to go be slightly touristy tomorrow, depending on health & weather, haha.