News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

So. Slept until 11 ish....cleaned out the motorhome, which the old owner had not done for a while.  Spent the rest of the afternoon piddling around with it, figuring it out, stuff like how to run the generator, does the a/c work, etc. When Lou and Chey came, home, they, and Mama Hattie rode to church in the motor home to see how it would work. It met everyone's approval.
Well, everyone except the one I actually bought it for, the 2 lb chihuahua that I want to take with us on vacation. She's not sure about it, and the big mirror over the headboard of the bed in the bedroom had a fierce looking chihuahua in it that barked at her when she barked. This concerned her greatly. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Yeah but that's also the most adaptable member of the family. Any human finds something irritating about the vehicle, you'll hear about the irritation for the rest of your life... even after you have sold the vehicle. If the dog finds something to not like, the dog will get used to it.

Which is another reason I like a lot of dogs more than I like a lot of people.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

I'm "at work" too. But not doing anything haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Backseat Radio

Roscoe

Seems like every one but Fuzzy is workin'. Made it through the day. Read Chey's composition for Christian living (ACE course). It was enough to put a tear in my eye. I bet it put some tears in her staunchly Baptist school supervisor too, or at least heartburn. She didn't hold anything back about her beliefs, from Acts 2:38 Jesus name baptism to "make-up wearing Jezebelles"
She also put something that I will be using. A quote that sticks with me- "Yeah, even the Bible says there's pleasure in sin for a season. But what about when that season is over?" It may wind up in Sunday's sermon....
As a parent I wonder about what she really feels and believes sometimes and worry about life's temptations and struggles. Then something like that paper lets me see a peak in my baby girl's heart...

Lynx

Shhhh! You're not supposed to say you're proud of her on a forum where she can read it!  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Bubba, she knows her daddy's heart. That kid is closer to me than probably any one person, unless it's my wife. Every once in a while, I'm fired up about something she's done or doing, and in the midst of her looking like her mother, I see her actions are mine. Even the screwups. All I can do is calm myself, pray for guidance and try to redirect her where she doesn't make the mistakes I did. LOL
Ready for today to be over. It's cool here. For you summer haters- I ain't got alot for you. This cold is enough to make anyone grumpy.

Backseat Radio

Came home from work today super stiff and achy. Tomorrow will be my 6th straight day of working. 

Lynx

Yes it's getting colder out, and I love it!

The grass stopped growing.

When it's colder you can keep adding layers. When it's hotter you can only go so far.

BUGS DIE BY THE TRUCKLOAD!!! Bwahahaha! Good riddance to them all!

Last, and least, I don't have to remind the pastor about air conditioning on prayer day. One day a week I unlock the church side door at 6am and turn the lights on (and some background music) and lock it at 10pm. Usually I also send the pastor a text to get out his phone and remotely turn on the air conditioner or heat. For the last few weeks I haven't had to remind him of anything.

I love fall.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I was hoping for less bugs this year after that good long freeze we had in February but, no luck. They were terrible this year, especially the mosquitoes.

Roscoe

Not too bad today.
I slept in, then attacked my motorhome project for the day- replacing the old TVs with modern flatscreens we can stream to.

And I added this front plate:

I'm done for the day, I think

And for those of you that don't have facebook, to which I haven't posted this anyway, here's a pic of Buford Barth, the Beautiful Bus.

Lynx

Nice!

A generator and a place to dump the blackwater tank and you'll be good to go.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Got a generator built in that works nicely. And for now the blackwater tank- as well as all other tanks- are empty, as it's been winterized. I'm honestly debating on taking it to a friends, Bro. Ron Pickard's, 20th pastoral anniversary service in Boswell, Oklahoma in January. It's about 4 or 5 hours from us, might ride down  that Friday night, camp there and come back that Sunday.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Hi. Church day. Gonna head in to the church in a bit, study for a short time, and hopefully get something to eat afterwards

Roscoe

Urgh. Work. Thank God for a short week...

The Purple Fuzzy

Headed home from watching grandkids. Tired.

Roscoe

Where did everybody go??
Me, I'm back at work. Again. Thankful for a job, and looking forward to the days off...

Nelle

@Work. Day 2 of 3.

We have church tonight instead of tomorrow night, which is great because I am leaving after work tomorrow for Thanksgiving at my parents' house! Jeremy has to work Friday/Saturday, so he will be staying here with his extended family for the holiday meal. I'm selfishly a little thankful to not be up here for it, because it's going to be emotionally exhausting. It's the first holiday/Thanksgiving without Papa and the first official without Rex (our uncle/pastor) since last year they were quarantined after his death due to COVID and we couldn't be together at all for the holiday. I'm hoping they have more smiles with memories than sadness.

Roscoe

Doing church tonight here too. And spellcheck is gonna be the death of me. Had the church secretary/organizer, etc. call- one of our saints, age 92 went to another church this weekend with someone for a party. Came to church Sunday night, and today learned that the person she went with tested positive for covid. I was asked about cancelling...I responded that since Sis Aged had not tested positive we would have church as scheduled. Well, I tried to. Spellcheck decided I meant to say "since Sis Aged had not tested PREGNANT" we would have church. If Sis Aged tests pregnant we having a revival 'cause an Abram and Sara Miracle took place- and I'm preaching at Sis Aged 'cause she's been widowed for 40 years...:lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

oh mylanta, LOL.

Service was nice. Testimony service is par for the course for Thanksgiving service. Lots of crying, but I enjoyed those who spoke.

Roscoe

At work. Totally not feeling today. Just in a general funk.