News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 28, 2021, 04:17:16 PMI think someone needs a baby brother. :hypocrite:
That ship has not only sailed, it has docked in a completely different port on the opposite side of the world, and I'll personally torpedo it if it even THINKS about this dock.  :lol:
Ain't nobody got time fo' dat. :hypocrite:

And today was a long day. Cold, windy, and fits of rain. I qualified the office staff and did a couple home visits but didn't have alot of work to do today. Came home and have hot dogs and chili ready when my girls get home- they are at the church assembling candy bags for Sunday.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Halfway  through  Friday. Ready to go home. Every day it's more difficult  to work. And I like my job. I can't imagine how bad it would be if I hated it...lol
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Listen to the complaints of certain coworkers. You know the ones I'm talking about. That will give you a good indication how bad it would be.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Actually,  everyone  here seems to love the job. Really don't have complainers any more. And that's a blessing  in and of itself.
I had to go to the range. Pretty pleased. On MY qualification  round I shot 492 points out of a possible  500.
One of my better scores especially in the past few years.
One of my coworkers  had shot a 485. So I had to out shoot her or hear about it for the next 6 months. Didn't know if I could do it...lol

Roscoe

Urgh. It's 5th Sunday, so 2 o'clock service and potluck. We are doing "Old Fashioned Sunday" complete with an old fashioned guest speaker- really old fashioned, and bald- and potluck.  I stayed up last night smoking a pork loin in a sweet mustard sauce for it. I also bought new overalls and a new flannel sirt for the occasion.
 And, Sam gets to go to church today as well. Then sometime this evening, around 530 or so, I have to go to work for a bit.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Shew. Been a long day. Amazing service. Good food. Enjoyed Sam. Went to work and worked for 4 and a half hours. Off tomorrow, which is good.

Nelle

@Work after a long weekend. Feeling rough. I hope the weather system leaves my sinuses alone soon. :)

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 31, 2021, 03:13:42 PMUrgh. It's 5th Sunday, so 2 o'clock service and potluck. We are doing "Old Fashioned Sunday" complete with an old fashioned guest speaker- really old fashioned, and bald- and potluck.  I stayed up last night smoking a pork loin in a sweet mustard sauce for it. I also bought new overalls and a new flannel sirt for the occasion.
 And, Sam gets to go to church today as well. Then sometime this evening, around 530 or so, I have to go to work for a bit.

Was skimming lol and saw quickly "I stayed up last night smoking"...i said OOHHH roscoeeee!
then i kept reading lol

Mom called last night said my Grandpa got baptized.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Last Sunday was a great day for me. We had church Fall Festival. Everybody brings chili/soup/stew, kids have games outside, adults have bingo inside... and we have a pie contest.  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Pastor always makes a big deal about "I'm gonna win it this year!" It's a running gag. Every year he brings something weird, like a peanut butter/chocolate/bacon pie.

I told him, "You can keep the prize. I'm going for the pies. I win every year. I get a lot of pies to sample."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Tried to check in earlier and got the word the domain had expired. Glad to see it is back...
It's gotten cool, if not down right cold here. Not exactly what I wanted. And I'm considering a trip to Iowa to bring back a semi-rare motorhome I have found in my price range....

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 02, 2021, 11:47:44 PMTried to check in earlier and got the word the domain had expired. Glad to see it is back...
I was going to ask YOU what had happened...

Is it time for me to finally break down and get a Facebook account?

Should we adjourn to a Skype group chat? It would serve the same purpose as this one thread.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

This is weird. I can't check in on my work computers OR from my phone during the day. Yet of an evening on my home network, zero issues....

The Purple Fuzzy

I was wondering if they let the domain go for a bit there.

MsJennJenn

i had same issue. was giving me a blocked domain error. but its back now. lol who knows

Both snapchat and Kik allow for private group chats. If we ever need to move somewhere else.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Shew. I'm glad we are back. I thought we wuz done for.
Thing about it is, there's not alot of traffic I know, but what makes GP so valuable  to me is the history and all the old posts.
I may be the only one but I go back and read old posts frequently.

Making it through Monday. It looks like I have bought a motorhome  unless something  happens  between now and next Tuesday when I drive to Jonesboro  to pick it up...

Backseat Radio

I see GP is back from the dead.  Moving to Facebook would not be an option for me as they decided to get nitpicking and ban me over creating a 2nd account - even though I know more than one person that has multiple accounts on Facebook.

Lynx

I vote for a Skype group chat, but that's because I already know Skype. I could learn something else though. They're all user-friendly these days - don't even need to know a single /command any more.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

I got put in the hot seat Saturday afternoon. I haven't attended church services at all in about a month. The pastor of the Free Will Baptist church I had been attending came shopping at Walmart and tried to get me to come back to church.

The Purple Fuzzy

:smirk2: I have to go to the dr today for a bp checkup. I hate going to the dr.

Nelle

Quote from: Roscoe on November 08, 2021, 08:11:12 PMShew. I'm glad we are back. I thought we wuz done for.
Thing about it is, there's not alot of traffic I know, but what makes GP so valuable  to me is the history and all the old posts.
I may be the only one but I go back and read old posts frequently.

Making it through Monday. It looks like I have bought a motorhome  unless something  happens  between now and next Tuesday when I drive to Jonesboro  to pick it up...

Who did you buy it from? I doubt I know them, but you never know!

@Work.

Had to thwart credit card fraud last evening on my Walmart account. Getting a new debit card for the second time this year. It was enough this time to go into all my accounts and remove my payment methods from everything. I'll just have to type it in each time and not have it saved. I'll miss the convenience, but I won't miss the week's wait for a new debit card each time this happens.

So far the time change has been kind to me. My cats aren't going crazy over the change in bedtime yet and I'm being fairly productive. I've even been consistently making my bed, LOL.

Roscoe

Actually am buying it from a guy in Iowa. He is driving it to Jonesboro to meet me.
Back at work. Trying to get some stuff done. Ready to go home for the night. I put a big pot of pinto beans and ham hock in the slow cooker before leaving for work. I intend to do very little this evening.

Nelle

@Work. Forgot that tomorrow's holiday messed with our payroll schedule, so I had to hurry and run all our payroll this morning before 10:30. So I missed my breakfast... and now I'm eating my lunch (tuna salad w/ crackers). Starving! haha.

Tonight is work night at the church for our Pastoral Installation Services this weekend. So far the mums are still slightly alive.. one more so than the other two.

Roscoe

Shew. Been busy today.
Skipped lunch. Doing a weird sort of combo of carb counting,calorie counting and intermittent fasting. I guess although truly not intentional.
So glad to be off work tomorrow.