News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

[rant] :pound: [/rant]

Started by mini, June 05, 2009, 08:24:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

ME?? ?? *Sis holds hand over Mini's hide button waiting for the answer*

Melody

Sis, until they try & talk to you.  If I have to delete them or don't add them in the 1st place & they cant figure out why or get offended, it on solidifies my decision. 

Sis

Like I said, my nieces and nephews don't need to know. They hardly ever talk to me anyway, and I don't need any more family problems. That's all I need is my brother getting all up in arms over nothing. I'll just hide them.

mini

Quote from: Sis on October 15, 2009, 05:30:37 AM
ME?? ?? *Sis holds hand over Mini's hide button waiting for the answer*

No, you are not one i have hidden.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Quote from: minnesota68 on October 14, 2009, 07:48:07 PM*cracks knuckles and takes a deep breath*

Facebook.

1.) I don't want to hear you panic when the precious game you have been playing for the last 7 weeks, 23 hours a day, crashes.  Its a game.  Please don't include 95 status updates on how you cant access it.  Get off the computer and do something productive.  Like breathe.

2.) You divorce your spouse.  Somehow, some sick excuse of a judge gives you custody of your children.  Please don't post every time your child goes to visit their parent.  And quit warping that kid into thinking their parent is a devil.  You make yourself look like a idiot.  Someone, somewhere, is bound to know why YOU divorced your spouse, and all the stuff you did behind your spouses back, then threw all the blame on the spouse, and they are bound to air your dirty laundry some day.  It's not gonna be me, im just bearing the message of the pending doom.

3.)  Your kid sneezes.  You assume he has black lung, and make funeral arrangements.  Every day.  Shaddup.

4.)  Your posts make you look like a crackhead.  Seriously, you fritz out every time you post.  Lay off the meds.  And go to a detox center that wont allow internet access.

5.)  You quit going to church.  Please, dont post about how free you are when you are really enslaved.  Dont post pics of you with your drink, with your sin.  It hurts me to bad.

6.)  You struggle with God.  That I understand.  We all do.  But LISTEN!  You want advice, listen to it!  We are trying to help!

*sigh*

I share your sigh and that's why I just deactivated my account.  What's more is the ones that post like they are spiritual but in person are tearing down the church, the leadership because of course they how to run everything better.  I'm not perfect, it's a given, but I am fed up with all the liars I see lately, blah!  Be imperfect, work through trials, but don't lie!

sunlight

I'm ready to read something else you post Mini! hurry up! :grin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Sis

OK Mellow, I'm as imperfect as they come.  More than most saints!  Does that mean you loves me?

Tricia Lea

I do post scripture and and stuff on my status on FB. Its not to make me seem anything. I know it prolly sounds stupid to some but its a way to push me to study and read more. Whats interesting that I even get alot of old school friends and people I have added from around here where I live that comment they like it and such and  that started pushing me some, thinking maybe I can help someone.
I did have an old schoolmate message me saying I was stupid and trying to sound so holy and then he dropped me lol. But after that I did lay off some because I don't want to seem that way, I know I am prolly more messed up than most here. Its just something have got started enjoying doing. I know once I get started back to school it will slack off to some.

SippinTea

Tricia, I really like the way you post Scripture on FB. :) It's encouraging. And I've never thought you sounded like you were "preaching" at anyone - it just sounds like you're posting what's on your mind and heart. Scripture is a great thing to be thinking about. :) Don't stop, please!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Melody

Tricia, don't stop posting scripture!  You are being transparent and it is a blessing and testimony.  Honesty goes a long way, it welcomes grace.  The Word of God is not offensive, well unless it says something that offends the sin in someone's life but even then, an honest heart recieves the chastening, it's STILL a blessing.  My beef has nothing to do with actually posting scripture.  

No one on GP has ever posted one thing and then told me something else.  You all are great.

Sis, being imperfect isn't an option, we all are.  Some days I am flooded with thoughts of grace and others I desire right judgement of God, for truth to triumph in all things.  We all need grace though, especially me, so that is the end of my little carnal tantrum.   :updown:

It's all irrelevant.  God's good and still on the throne, & He is ever patient and full of mercy & grace for my life.

Sis

I know what you mean. There is a woman on there, that I really haven't met, but she had some info I wanted, so we became friends.

She's always talking about God, holiness, giving and all that. I didn't think she was Apostolic, though. Just before Christmas they (From the Chicago area) were all planning on having a Christmas party. It came out that it was going to be at a bar with lots of booze and dancing. That blew that image.

mini

Ill have to look for a good rant....lol
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Sis

If you have to look for one, all must be good in your world at the moment!

iridiscente

Quote from: MellowYellow on June 09, 2009, 11:47:33 AM
Mini, if you don't have it already, you would really enjoy the complete Jewish Bible by David Stern.  It is a messianic Jew that translated the NT.  Jesus was Jewish, everything He said/did was on a foundation of truths manifested in custom, established in the OT.

I saw that in a bookstore right before coming to Guatemala and really wanted to get it!

mini

*deep breath*

My latest rant, once again courtesy of facebook.

I do not mean to bash a good cause, but I am consciously gonna pick on a few folks.  So if you want to unfriend me, go to your friend list, and click on the X to the far right of my name.  *grin*

I am reminded of that old joke...'Who was that lady I saw you with last night?'  The response? 'If it was last night, that was no lady.'

And to all the women that decided to get in on today's facebook craze, shame on you.

I first started seeing "colors" posted sometime this afternoon, and much to my horror, quickly learned what it was for, and it was "for a good cause."

While I agree that we need better medicine to cure cancer, we do not need Christian women promoting this in a provocative way.

You may say, its just a little harmless fun, its just for a good cause.  Lets consider that.  How does it help a cause when you post your color?  I contend that the only cause you help is by making every man (single, young, and every married man) think twice about a area of your body he shouldn't be dwelling on.  

Am I overreacting?  Would you openly discuss that in front of a man?  I should hope not.

1 Peter 1:15-18 says this:  But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.  And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:  Forasmuch as ye know that ye were not redeemed with corruptible things, as silver and gold, from your vain conversation received by tradition from your fathers;

You should give up conversation that is not Godly.  Matter of fact, if your conversation does not honor God, why are you doing it?

1 Peter 3:1-2 talks about the ladies.  Unfortunately male chauvinists misuse the verse to often, but stay with me for just a moment.  Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; While they behold your chaste conversation coupled with fear.  Just me thinking out loud here, but lets imagine this scenario again, this time with Joe out of church.  If Joe finds out Sally his wife is not being holy in her conversation, online, on the phone, in her text messages, she has lost her witness to him.  But imagine how it makes him feel when you announce your color to the world.

Again in  1 Peter 2:12: Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.  You should never give a person chance to stumble (let alone a member of the opposite sex).

1 Tim 4:12 tells all of us to "Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity."  Again in f Phil 1:27: Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

You have to be careful about what your innocent conversation contains.  You may do more harm than good!

Sis

Don't get mad, I had no idea what the color thing was. I was just amazed that people I know didn't know each other were doing the same thing.

How can a disease make you think of a part of the body in a sexual way?  I would be grossed out if it was cancer of a man's part of the body that we don't discuss in polite company.  Because when women get cancer there, that part gets lopped off and leaving her to adjust to feeling like a freak.  Just sayin'.

mini

Sis, I never saw your post.  However, how is posting the color of your bra helping breast cancer awareness?  The only thing that does is bring about breast awareness.

:smirk2:

Sis

Sorry, I said it in the other thread. I didn't know that's the colors they were posting. Thought it was something else. I call it low class. Just because you can't actually SEE the people you're "talking" to doesn't mean everything goes!  Sheesh! No class!

SippinTea

GO, MINI!! That was a fabulous rant.  :great:

I hadn't been on FB at all today until just a while ago, and was totally confused by a few posts for a bit. That's completely disgusting, and I can't fathom any godly (or even remotely classy, decent woman!) going along with this. *shakes head to clear it*

You nailed it:
Quote from: minnesota68 on January 08, 2010, 03:42:57 AM
How is posting the color of your bra helping breast cancer awareness?  The only thing that does is bring about breast awareness.

:smirk2:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Scott

I don't get it.

Facebook can be fun, I found my nephews after not seeing them since 1995. I almost feel like I am a part of their life now.  I keep track of family and church people.  But my goodness the stupid stuff people post.   ???

One gal posted a long rant about her ex hubby and why he doesn't visit the kids.  I know the lady, should I have posted that she is the one who met a man in a chat room and left her Holy Ghost filled hubby to move to a different state to live with her new man?

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Sis

Same here! Found people I haven't seen since I left Duluth. I got the phone number of a favorite cousin in chicago that I had no idea how to get ahold of, then her daughter.  Even "met" and befriended a sister of a friend.

Then the stupid stuff.

mini

Someone unfriended me...LOL  I went down 1. 

jfrog

:copcar: comment removed by Staff :copcar:

Sis

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 09, 2010, 12:13:47 PM

Oh well, if announcing what color underwear they have on is more important, you haven't lost much.  :smirk2:

nwlife

Quote from: Sis on January 09, 2010, 05:54:10 PM
Quote from: minnesota68 on January 09, 2010, 12:13:47 PM

Oh well, if announcing what color underwear they have on is more important, you haven't lost much.  :smirk2:
Let's see here....
green, blue while, red, oh wait, wrong piece of clothing, I am describing my pajama pants!  :laughhard:
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!