News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

I thought I heard bones creaking when I logged on..

Happy Birthday!

Roscoe

Thanks all! Except Nelle. :pound:  :pound:  :pound:
But, sadly, true. I would not doubt that she heard my old bokes creaking all the way north.  Forty-Seven is getting to the wrong side of old...
Enjoyed the day. Gonna go tomorrow and get some work done for the church, pick up a 6 volt battery charger for Clara the A, and generally try to get caught up on some stuff before prayer meeting...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

HEY! 47 ain't old.

It can't be old...

I'll be there in a year and a half.

Surely that's not THAT old.

:-\
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Haha I was about to say...if my bones creak I KNOW Bobbys do  :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 11, 2023, 05:19:03 PMHaha I was about to say...if my bones creak I KNOW Bobbys do  :hypocrite:
:pound:  :pound:  :pound:  :pound:

Shew. Went and did all I planned to. Did some extra- some work on the church that needed done. And it was like 97 degrees. I'm wiped out..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on August 12, 2023, 02:30:56 AMShew. Went and did all I planned to. Did some extra- some work on the church that needed done. And it was like 97 degrees. I'm wiped out..
You forgot the part about the humidity. Last couple of days it has felt like Florida out there. This heat in Arizona would be nothing. This heat with all the moisture feels like being smothered by a hot, wet blanket.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Hi. Church done. Church van's NEW alternator went out. Going back to talk to my and Mel's mutual friend...
Too hot to breathe outside. I so want to do some work on Sam, but I can't. Too hot. :pound:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

So they're moving region admins from 1:1 to 2:1 for supporting an RD. This is my role.
So instead of supporting one RD - I would have to support 2. But I would have to apply, interview with whoever the 2 RD's are and hope I get chosen over a peer.

Feeling so frustrated and left out to sink when it comes to my job.
I just want to quit and rest for a while. But we literally can't afford it - with student loans coming back up in September.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sorry, Jenn. Hopefully something will work out soon.

Roscoe

Morning all. Back at work after much needed time off.  I can't say that I did anything I really had planned to, but I DID get some stuff done that needed done...so there's that. Also, it is Chey's first day of school- her last first day. Doesn't seem like the little bug should be a senior but she is. And when she gets off of school today, she has to go to work. I told her welcome to adult hood. You never really have time off; you just change jobs.

Lynx

Ooooh... If she complained about that, she's REALLY gonna hate it when she gets to the part about paying bills. Seems like every month they add another one you gotta pay.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Yea adulthood is wack. Send it back.  :pound:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 15, 2023, 03:04:26 PMYea adulthood is wack. Send it back.  :pound:

I agree...but at least now I can buy the junk food I wanted as a kid.

However, the junk food I ate as a kid now sticks to me in ways I do not appreciate.  lol

Good morning everyone.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Quote from: mini on August 16, 2023, 01:27:48 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 15, 2023, 03:04:26 PMYea adulthood is wack. Send it back.  :pound:

I agree...but at least now I can buy the junk food I wanted as a kid.

However, the junk food I ate as a kid now sticks to me in ways I do not appreciate.  lol

Good morning everyone.
You don't have the time to go out and play the way you did when you were a kid.

For that matter, I notice it's sticking to kids a lot more than it used to when I was a kid...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Morning all. So I get home last night- to discover one of my best friends had purchased a new four-wheeler. And, since I wasn't home and didn't have a four-wheeler, left me a gift. A nice lifted '05 Honda 350 4x4 four-wheeler. Yes,I called him. Yes, I cried at what he said. Yes, I got defensive when he laughed at my treasures, telling me I have a large amount of junk. :pound:  My treasures...junk.  Funny though- he's scheming for my Model A which he shan't get,. He wants to violate it by making it a "rat rod". :pound:
 Humbled by the love some folks have for me. I am not deserving.
And Chey called last night sobbing. They were very busy, and a coworker was pushing her buttons. I gave her a pep talk, then eased up to the bbq restaurant 'cause I wanted a sandwich. Well, truthfully to provide support for my little girl. Lou laughed and told me she was definitely a Daddy's girl. By the time we got there, her personal storm had passed and she was happy.
Even more so when she called on the way home at 9 pm- "Dad! I made $75 in tips!!" Lord. At that rate, I'm thinking I'd make a good waitress. :laughhard:  Needless to say she is motivated to continue work.

MsJennJenn

Finally hump day. I spent all of yesterday thinking it was Wednesday when it was only Tuesday.  :updown:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

$75 for a night's waiting tables...

Are they hiring?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

The days go by so fast for us anymore. I guess that comes with getting old.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 16, 2023, 02:22:42 PM$75 for a night's waiting tables...

Are they hiring?
That was my thoughts. And that's not counting the salary he's paying her. :pound:
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 16, 2023, 02:23:40 PMThe days go by so fast for us anymore. I guess that comes with getting old.
Yes. I don't have a minute to turn around it seems...the days fly by

Backseat Radio

Feeling like I got ran over today. Got to work to discover my coworker called off leaving me by myself most of my shift. Management did send me a cashier to help me.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Morning.
Beautiful day. I wish I were wealthy instead of so darn good looking. :ugly:  I could really get some stuff done
Ah well. Play the cards God dealt ya...  :laughhard: 

MsJennJenn

Some money sure would be a relief right about now. Sigh.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi:
Good morning. It's Friday. Thankfully.  Got a list of home visits to do, then tonight will be a youth night at the church.
I finally got the fuel filter changed on my tractor and mowed the yard last night. Got done with that, headed for the AC... boom power went out and stayed out until 130 this morning. I'm dragging a bit because my phone was nearly dead and, paranoid I'd oversleep, I stayed up pretty much until the power came back on, because I kept waking up to check. :pound: