News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

My New Blender

Started by RainbowJingles, June 14, 2007, 07:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

My new blender won't make smoothies!  :-(

At least, it won't make them the way *I* want to make them.
I want to put in a touch of ice cream or milk with my frozen fruit (chunks of pineapple, slices of banana, mangoes, peaches and strawberries) and then turn it on high and wait for the mixing to finish, but it won't work that way.   :cry2:
In order to do the handy dandy "ice crushing" thing that was featured on the outside of the box, you have to HOLD the pulse button.  *sigh*  I guess I need to invest in a more powerful model before teh summer hits full force.

Melody

Mine does that too.  I bought the Wal-Mart cheapy.  I figured out how to make it work *for me* though!  I add a touch of sugar to my frozen fruit and then add milk.  The liquid helps get it going better, and then I don't use ice cream at all because I just created the same taste.  You could add a touch of vanilla if you want, or use half-n-half/heavy cream instead of milk if you wanted.

Last year we were on a "make your own popcycles" kick, thus far it's smoothies for us!

SippinTea

I love homemade smoothies!  :clap: They're so much yummier than the store-bought kind. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Hmmmm I need a blender.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

Quote from: SippinTea on June 14, 2007, 08:40:16 PM
I love homemade smoothies!  :clap: They're so much yummier than the store-bought kind. :)

:beret:

Me too!  :-)

Quote from: Mel-Mel on June 15, 2007, 12:44:27 AM
Hmmmm I need a blender.

Me too!

Tricia Lea

amanda18

I got a new bledner last month I named it fred it was a black and decker one It never worked right but I grew very attached to it.. It broke and I literally cried.. Then my mom Got me a new one Its a differant brand and it works much better! I named it ben!! The moral of the story is black and decker blenders dont work!!!

JUST DANCE!!

RainbowJingles

:offtopic:

Amanda, I love your hungry cat avatar!

:laughhard:

alohilani

My blender was borrowed and returned broken.. lol!