News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

DVD player

Started by Melody, May 03, 2007, 03:49:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I am having issues with my Windows Media.  Everything works fine except playing a DVD.  I get this message:

Windows Media Player cannot play this DVD because it is not possible to turn on analog copy protection on the output display. Try installing an updated driver for your video card.

Now, I tried going online to find out what I need to do BUT there is this other program on my computer that plays DVD's just fine.  It's called Cyberlink PowerDVD.  I don't even like this program but I can't unistall it because then I can't play any DVDs at all.  I went onto Window Media (11) to make it the default player for everything and it already is.  When I put in a DVD, WindowsMedia opens but then delivers the above message. 

If the other program plays DVDs, doesn't that mean I don't need another or updated driver?  I don't know what the analog part means at all.  I click the "Web Help" tab which takes me to the microsoft.com site and I'm to look for custom updates.  These are offered and I don't know what they are and if they are helpful or not.

Update for Microsoft Core XML Services (MSXML) 6.0 Service Pack 1 (KB934268)
Download size: 898 KB , less than 1 minute
MSXML 6.0 Service Pack 1 (MSXML6.1) has improved reliability, security, conformance with the XML 1.0 and XML Schema 1.0 W3C Recommendations, and compatibility with System.Xml 2.0.

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB928416)
Download size: 50.8 MB , 2 minutes
The Microsoft NET Framework 3.0 is the managed code programming model for Windows. Version 3.0 enhances version 2.0 with new technologies for building applications with visually compelling user experiences, seamless communication across technology boundaries, and the ability to support a wide range of business processes.

Root Certificates Update
Download size: 267 KB , less than 1 minute
This item updates the list root certificates on your computer to the latest list that is accepted by Microsoft as part of the Microsoft Root Certificate Program. Adding additional root certificates to your computer enables the use of Extended Validation (EV) certificates in Internet Explorer 7, a greater range of security enhanced Web browsing, encrypted e-mail, and security enhanced code delivery. 

Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) for Windows XP (KB925876)
Download size: 1.5 MB , less than 1 minute
This version of Remote Desktop Connection (Terminal Services Client 6.0) can be installed on client computers running Windows XP Service Pack 2. It can be used to connect to terminal servers or remote desktops running earlier versions of Windows, but the new features are available only when the remote computer is running Windows Vista or Windows Server Code Name "Longhorn." 

Update for Windows XP (KB920342)
Typical download size: 782 KB , 1 minute
Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRP) version 2.0 allows you to publish and resolve peer names with other PNRP nodes running v2.0. This is important for peer-to-peer applications on your system.

Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package: x86 (KB909520)
Download size: 626 KB , less than 1 minute
Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider (Base CSP) allows smart card vendors to more easily enable their smart cards on Windows with a lightweight proprietary card module instead of a full proprietary CSP.

Update for Windows XP (KB896344)
Download size: 1.3 MB , less than 1 minute
The Files and Settings Transfer Wizard included in Windows XP SP2 does not support gathering data from a 32-bit Windows XP environment and applying it in a 64-bit Windows XP environment. Install this update to enable support for collecting data in a 32-bit Windows XP environment and applying it to a 64-bit Windows XP environment.

Melody

I'm even more lost on that link.   :o

Cody P

I dont think you need to update your drivers. Have you tried uninstalling windows media player completely and downloading and reinstalling a new copy of it?
I Am A Child Of God !

Melody

yep I have and it still didn't work, I did the same with Real Media too.  Only my computers DVD program will work.  oh well, least it works right?

Cody P

Yea. Do you mind me asking you what kinda computer it is that your having all this trouble with?
I Am A Child Of God !

Melody

Cody P

I Am A Child Of God !

Melody

nope, regular PC.  are ya stumped?....lol

Cody P

Well to be honest kinda. Also the reason I was asking you was because I am thinking about buying me a Dell laptop. I hope you dont mind me saying this even though its off the topic. But your very attractive! :offtopic:
I Am A Child Of God !

Melody

I'm pretty sure it's something I did or from a former virus or something.  Otherwise my computer works awesome.

and... thank you, I'm also very married...lol  But I think my husband would agree with you.

Cody P

So would you highly recomened Dell computers to your friends and family?  And im sorry, I wasnt coming onto you I was just wanting to let you know that I think your very attractive.
I Am A Child Of God !

Melody

yeah, I'd recommend a Dell, mine does great with memory, I rarely have troubles and when I do it's from a virus Norton is just catching which is also very rare.  Now, we got this computer in like in 2000-02 maybe, so there is probably much better ones out there.  My printer is also a Dell and I like that too.  I think I've had 3 or 4 different cameras and all of them have worked great and their programs but maybe that has to do with windows more?

I'm not offended, I'm amused...lol  I only put pictures up that make me look good.... :biglaugh:

Cody P

Thats a good thing. I have heard lots of good things about Dell products and I have heard some bad ones as well.  I am thinking about buying a Dell laptop that he purcahsed 2 yrs ago. He told me he would sell it to me for $ 500.00.
I Am A Child Of God !