News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Let’s see if Lynx goes a Courting in Sharing 514

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, November 02, 2019, 02:47:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on January 22, 2020, 10:10:04 AMThat was changed by committee from "blue" to "azure." Something about somebody's favorite song from childhood. *shrug*
Nope. Not Azure. Any other guesses?
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work on a rainy day...
 And sunlight, I don't know. I'll ask him on FB if I think about it and get time.
She's about to go batty wanting to sign up...lol.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work.

Jeremy's grandpa (his mom's dad) passed away yesterday. He's had many health issues just in the last 8 years I've lived here, and while I'm sad for the family, I'm thankful he is no longer in pain and so tired. I think services will be the weekend, but have not heard officially yet.

Having church on Thursday nights the last week, this week, and next.. has really confused my work brain. I thought I had an early morning today because I thought it was Friday! I will be glad when life returns to normal!

My house is also suffering from schedule changes since I have to finish the church reports for year end and I haven't been able to continue the work on house clean-out. Instead, I have house chaos.

mini

I was listening to a podcast earlier today (Car Talk) and a question was raised:  How many vehicles have you owned?

I stand at 23.

How many have you owned?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

I have only literally owned 2. My parents owned my first since I shared use of it with my mom. I still have my actual first owned car and only my name is on the title. Jeremy drives it to work. My name is also on this current vehicle (also has his). We have a truck, but that's completely in his name.

Roscoe

Urgh. Well, in relation to the car question-  According to Germ, after I went through my memory bank, counting motorcycles and Lou's cars we have owned since we got married, I'm around 46. I think.  And there are a few items- two Harleys, a magna,Sam the '52, ect that I have owned two or three separate times.
Yeah, I have an addiction for my vehicles.

Morning all. So far, I am not awake. Stewing over Walmart taking advantage of my wife not knowing what to tell them on the tire mounting and soaking her for $88 bucks to mount and balance tires (they added Road Hazard and all the other extras I always turn down. Bless her heart she didn't know to tell them no). The Corvette has to have a new carb- the one dudeman put on it doesn't fit, it's a speadbore he sat on a squarebore intake, and it's trash, so it's gotta go...
And I have to go do home visits today.
And W2's are ready.

Roscoe

Taxact. Should be Taxacting up! I finally get my papers to finish my taxes and the blasted site is down...:pound:

Roscoe

Where did everyone go??
Morning all. Got the taxes finished last night..
Vegging out trying to avoid doing anything

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Only thing going on here is waiting on a baby to make an appearance before long.

Lynx

Church tonight was... neat. Really neat.

I was supposed to sing a solo. I have no idea what's going to happen in the service, so all I can pray is that I'll pick a song that goes with whatever's going to happen.

We recently started having two solos on Sunday night. Sis. Shelia sang a solo first, and she sang a song about choosing to count her blessings. Then announcements, then my song. During announcements I leaned over and told her I promise I didn't know what she was going to sing. My song was the Gaithers: "Everything Good," about choosing to dwell on what is good.

Then the pastor preached about how we have a choice to sow good or sow grumpiness all around us, and whatever we sow is what we're going to get back.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

That's awesome Lynx.

I had to laugh at myself this morning.

In 2001 when I started out at the airport my boss was at the ripe old age of 51. I was 22 and thought I had a full understanding of the entire world and how people operated.

One day he got mad at me because I moved a paper on his desk. I got a royal chewing out that day. I remember wondering how anyone could be so closed-minded and not be able to look 3 feet away to see the object he was looking for.

Fast forward to today. I looked for 10 minutes this morning trying to find my deodorant. All because I put it exactly one shelf higher then what I normally do.

Mr. Boss, I understand now.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work. Should probably work on my taxes, but I'm not ready for that terror yet. Still have to finish church reports as well, so that's kinda taking priority over pretty much everything else except going to work and sleeping. This is the part of the treasurer position that I despise, haha. I can't ever get it to work right the first time. I have to get outrageously irritated first instead, hahahaha.

Funeral on Saturday was sweetly sad. Jeremy's first grandparent to pass, so he hasn't had to face those that emotion before. I wasn't too close with this side of the family, but it's amazing how much it hurts to see people you love hurting.

Speaking of funerals.. I finally got to see some military honors (just Taps this time) at the cemetery. I was sad to see that they didn't actually play it, but instead it's an electric trumpet (I think that's the instrument?) that plays it like a stereo. I was really hoping to see the real thing. Wish I could've seen a 21 gun salute.

Hoping this week is much less crazy than last week.

mini

An uncle of mine passed away a few years back.  They had a 21 gun salute.  We were all standing, waiting for them to fire, but my nephew didn't see them.

They fired the first volley off and my nephew nearly climed over my dad trying to get away from it...we tried not to laugh.  Scared the devil out of that kid.

Nelle

Quote from: mini on January 27, 2020, 03:22:19 PMAn uncle of mine passed away a few years back.  They had a 21 gun salute.  We were all standing, waiting for them to fire, but my nephew didn't see them.

They fired the first volley off and my nephew nearly climed over my dad trying to get away from it...we tried not to laugh.  Scared the devil out of that kid.

LOL. I imagine that happens more often than we would think. Probably startles lots.

Roscoe

Hi. Back at work,been busy...
Fuzzy, do we have a kiddo yet?

Is it bad that it is not even noon on Monday- and I'm already  ready for the weekend? I could totally rock being independently wealthy....

The Purple Fuzzy

No, not yet. I didn't mean to imply it was in the process right then. But should be fairly soon.

Lynx

Quote from: mini on January 27, 2020, 02:11:43 PMI had to laugh at myself this morning.

That makes two of us. And I mean that both ways... That makes two people laughing at you and that makes two of us who have done that. Well, three counting your boss. Go ahead and laugh at me too while you're laughing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi:
Working early shift today. Been here since 630 ish. But, I get off at 3.
I'm  tired too. Gonna try to go license the 'vette today.

Nelle

@work. Supplier is bringing lunch today.. a whole hour after I normally eat lunch. I'm already starving. LOL.

I also need a nap.. today. and every other day. I cannot seem to rest at night. I need to try to start going to bed earlier I suppose.

Roscoe

Well. Went and took part of my lunch to stand at the Revenue office. I was really nice too, and had Cheyenne's name put on the registration too. They didn't ask her age and I didn't volunteer it, but it will make Chey's day to see that the car IS really hers....

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

"And she'll have fun, fun, fun, till her daddy takes her Corvette awaaaaay."
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on January 28, 2020, 04:53:02 PMI also need a nap.. today. and every other day. I cannot seem to rest at night. I need to try to start going to bed earlier I suppose.

Nelle my neuro says go to bed at the same time every night, get up at the same time every day. Helps your body regulate your sleep. I struggle with sleep also. I do all sorts of things. Magnesium at night. Essential oils ALWAYS (all day every day). No tv in my bedroom. Bedroom stays clean (clutter in the room makes your mind cluttered. It affects the body.) My phone is the last thing I haven't even worked on to remove from the bedroom. lol it's my vice.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: