News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself

Started by mini, March 08, 2015, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

You sure are nicer than any of the hateful old buzzards I've had to deal with...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on March 10, 2015, 04:18:25 PM
Nope, it's all aggressive. I have no passive side...
I do have a stubborn side though.
Yeah I remember that stubborn side... But I also remember when you drove all night to surprise us at church, and then you had to go take a nap in a Sunday School room. Naps count as passive.  :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

I don't remember napping during church?

Babs

I'm Babs.

I possess the gift of insanity.

I live in Poughkeepsie, NY

Lived in Texas almost all my life. Never regretted leaving.

After 7 strokes, a massive heart attack, 9 stints, a pacemaker and M.S. I still find the strength to live life to the fullest.

I have a kitten.

Love cooking, baking, reading, music, fishing, camping, photography, crochet and the walking dead.

My favorite color is black, my least favorite color is green.

I am a free spirit and gypsy at heart.

I may or may not have a bald head at this time.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on March 17, 2015, 07:04:24 PM
I don't remember napping during church?
Not DURING church, just AT church. We were at church all day with puppet practice.

But it reminds me of the saying I heard once: "Scientists have found that if you took all the people who fall asleep at church and placed them end to end... they'd be a lot more comfortable."

Babs: What's the kitten's name?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Quote from: Babs on March 30, 2015, 06:59:23 AM
I'm Babs.

These are the main reasons I love you and miss you!!!!!  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Ashlee

Hi!  I'm Ashlee.  I'm an oldie, but a newbie too. haha

I'm currently living in California. 

I'm going to school for a certificate in Medical Billing and Coding.

Human Anatomy is HARD!

I am boring.

That is all.

Babs

Quote from: HeatherB on March 30, 2015, 10:30:30 PM
Quote from: Babs on March 30, 2015, 06:59:23 AM
I'm Babs.

These are the main reasons I love you and miss you!!!!!  :cool:

Hehe yeah I miss you too!

Lynx, his name is Chong, he has a brother named Cheech, is very telling of the era I grew up in lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Chseeads

I just have you people fooled.

Scott

Quote from: Chseeads on April 22, 2015, 04:46:00 AM

Actually... You don't. You just think you do.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

sunlight

Quote from: Scott on April 24, 2015, 11:09:03 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on April 22, 2015, 04:46:00 AM

Actually... You don't. You just think you do.

I blessed you for that... :grin:

smellincoffee

I'm due for a re-introduction, since I've been a member of this forum for ... thirteen years. Like a bad cold, I can't be gotten rid of, apparently.   :lol:  When I first registered here I was a teenager in the UPCI church, a 'firm believer' even if I didn't have any real experiences  to build my faith on.  It fell away as soon as I graduated and started supporting myself, though I kept coming to church for a year after I stopped believing in it because I was still living with my parents.   I became a freethinker and a humanist, and because I kept that a secret for that year I became really angry and even bitter against Pentecostalism, Christianity, and religion in general. Secrets wound the soul, I've realized, and back then I wallowed in misery -- I think I came by here a time or two to say provocative things before flitting off again. I'm ashamed to think on that now, but what's past is past.  I doubt anyone recognizes my name, but I'd like to apologize for that kind of pettiness.   I was nonreligious for a while, throughout most of my twenties, but eventually old wounds healed,  I developed a hunger for God, though at first  I just dabbled in Greek philosophy and Universalism.   Eventually, though,  I found myself in a Christian church, and I consecrated myself to God.   I've been a steady member of a church now for four years, helping out in whatever ministries I can. God is good.  :clap:     It's a little different now, though, as the church I joined is liturgical in form and focused on the Eucharist.  Personally I'm somewhere between the Anglican and Catholic sensibilities.  I came here tonight because part of my journey has involved my learning to appreciate independently a lot of the moral standards the Pentecostal church practiced. When I became a member at a Catholic forum I was astonished that its members were in constant discussions on the importance of modesty, for instance, and in guarding ourselves by keeping away from the noise of the world. They believe in a Christian culture -- that is, a culture of Christ --  that is separate from, and superior to,  that which prevails in the world. They believe in a culture of life in a world captivated by the culture of death.  The older I get the more I see the decayed state of the secular culture, and the more value and wisdom I see in traditional Christian morality.  It's funny...my parents' church has relaxed some of its standards in the twelve years or so since I left it, with the result that my UPCI parents watch television every night and I haven't seen it since the Bush administration.  :lol:

Anyhoo, so...that's that.   When I registered here as a boy, I wasn't so much a Christian as I was simply an obeyer of whatever my parents told me; I now seek to serve and worship Christ of my own volition.  I hope y'all don't mind too much that when I go to church, it involves less speaking in tongues and more  communion. :)
Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling down Death by death
And upon those in the tombs
bestowing Life.

Lynx

Just please tell me your nick is referring to the Chris Rice song.  :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fff1xY8mC9I
"Do you sing at church?"

smellincoffee

Christ is risen from the dead
Trampling down Death by death
And upon those in the tombs
bestowing Life.

rootbeer

I am a piano player.  I am older than most people here except Scott (does he still hang around?) and Sis.  Really I don't know how old they are.  I live in East Texas.  I have many grandkids.  Sometimes I have spells of sanity but they usually don't last long.  I recently took up playing the fiddle.  It's not a violin because I don't play classical on it.  I"m not very good.  I also have a guitar, a bass, and a banjo.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.

The Purple Fuzzy

My husband plays a banjo.

Heather

Whatever did happen to Sis?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

kkay

Quote from: Lynx on March 16, 2015, 12:25:08 PM
Quote from: Chseeads on March 16, 2015, 05:18:48 AM
I'm Seth and I'm a hateful old buzzard.
That's not what I heard from people who have met you.  :cool:

I can validate that he's not too hateful in person. Old buzzard? Yes :p