News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself

Started by mini, March 08, 2015, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

We haven't done one of these in a while.

Don't put your full name, social, and date of birth, but let us know a little about you, and area where you are from.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

I'm mini.
Live in Oklahoma.
Happily married for nigh on 16 years.
Father of two kids.
Pastor.
Roscoe is a bad influence.
Tall, dark and handsome except I'm not dark or handsome.
Worlds shortest giant.
Ear hair and nose hair problems.
Bald.
Repeat winner of "Bald Yeti Award."
Lover of fried chicken.
Hater of lasagna.
Hater of chocolate gravy.
Lover of Dr Pepper.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:pound: mini
I'm Roscoe.
Live in Arkansas.
Happily married for nigh on 12 years.
Father of one kid, and one bad chihuahu.
Assistant to the Pastor, lawnmower,bottlewasher...
mini is a bad influence.
Tall, dark and handsome except I'm not tall or dark.
Worlds tallest midget.
Ear hair and nose hair problems.
Balding.
Hater of fried chicken.
Lover of lasagna.
Lover of chocolate gravy.
Lover of Dr Pepper.
Lover of Corvettes and sportscars
Ham Radio nut....
And for employment, I am certified-police officer, that is, although I police very little after landing at the Arkansas State Capitol
:hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I'm Isaac.  Single and ain't looking. Not that I'm opposed to getting married if I happen to meet a nice lady, but I'm not spending any time or effort hunting for her.

I like food but I hate fast food. Homemade is where it's at, or a restaurant that has something at least halfway resembling homemade.

I like chocolate but don't even try to fob me off with hershey. Currently I'm on Moser Roth. I drive 2.5 hours round trip to get my chocolate and it's worth it.

I like music.  That's the understatement of the decade. I have a large and varied music collection - all christian, but all different styles. Everything from bluegrass gospel to christian hard rock and rap. I can just about guarantee you can find something you hate in my collection, and something you will love. If you are looking for more of a certain style of christian music I can probably make some suggestions.

I make soundtracks. No, not movie soundtracks. If a song really gets me and I just have to sing it, I make a soundtrack for it so I can sing it at church without bugging the piano player to learn yet another song. Our piano players' plates are full anyway.

I like dogs and cats. I'm the guy that can go to visit someone and the dog will bug me to scratch his ears or the cat will curl up in my lap, while the people of the house are saying, "Man, he never lets strangers do that..."  I like most dogs and cats more than I like a lot of humans.

I'm slightly individualistic. I use what works for me, whether it's popular or not. If something is important to me I will spend a lot of time looking for the kind that fits what I want best. I don't just go to Wal-Mart and get a phone, I searched until I found the world's smallest android phone. I wear shoes with a zero-drop ratio (heel isn't thicker than toe) because I like my balance and agility. I couldn't care less about form, style, what people think of me or what is popular. From food to shirts to footwear to laptops, what I get for myself is what I have found works best.  (And when people sneer at my laptop that looks like it came from 1998, I can sneer at their laptops that can't even see the wireless connections I can use.)  :cool:

Let's see, what else...

I make sourdough bread. I haven't bought a loaf of that spongy, floppy, gummy store stuff in years.

EDIT: Reading over Bobby's post reminded me to mention I'm a UPCI licensed minister. I don't do much preaching but I do about everything else.  I'm the henchman - Someone else comes up with something we want to do, I figure out how to make it happen and then I go make it happen.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Scott on March 09, 2015, 04:50:58 AM
I am Me.

:updown: :great: :thumbsup2:

We don't know that...what if someone else is on the other side of this Server/Service /Connection/Site/etc. pretending to be you?  😲 
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

I'm Becca. Single; never been married; currently too busy living to think about looking. I want to meet someone that I would find special; and desire that it be more than so many are willing to settle for!!!  It will happen when God desires; if it's His Will!

I'm currently living in TX...I moved from the northwest(The Evergreen State) to the south almost twelve years ago; and am sadly still in culture shock!! 😏 I'm not sure how to overcome!!! 😏

Food is just food...however, I refuse to eat something that isn't up to my standards!!! I just don't go around thinking about my next meal! However, I come from a family of culinary geniuses!! 😉

*note* Chocolate is not food; it is a necessity!! It is also something that mass production has destroyed; chocolate wasn't meant to be a sugary piece with no flavor...you should always be picky about where; and how your chocolate is made!!! 😉

I believe in God, His word, His power...we are here by design! I'm thankful for His Mercy, His Grace, His Love...and so much more!!!

I love nature, hiking, music, photography, art, crafting, creating, reading, etc...! The pursuit of truth, holiness...of "pressing towards the mark"!!! Sharing the truth and peace of God's mercy, grace, power, love, etc...!

I'm currently trying to figure out how to turn my photography into a full time business...people want to pay me for events, and portraits; as well, commission advertising, & designs, etc...I work full time; therefore, don't have the energy, time, or money to invest...and have yet to figure out how to make it all come together!

I would really like to use my Photography to glorify God...and am currently working on a portfolio of photography, and creative Art & Design; that not only show the beauty of His creations; as well, share the truth, joy, and peace found in His Word...and not the same five verses that seem to be the only thing people print on everything! I also, dislike the fact that they change the verses to make them more commercially desirable!!! 😔  Meh!!!

I am truly and amazingly blessed beyond measure... God has such an amazing hand upon my life; as well, the lives of my immediate family!! I wish I were more deserving! I continually pray; that I not be so caught by life; that I forget even for a moment; the reason, & the purpose He created me for! Lord, help me to be worthy, humble, merciful...help me to walk with grace; and to bring glory and honor to your name!!!!

Micah 6:8  | He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

2 Timothy Chapter 2:15 | Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Colossians 4:6  | Let your speech be alway with grace, seasoned with salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every man.

Hebrews 13:5 | Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

1 Peter 3:4  |  But let it be the hidden man of the heart, in that which is not corruptible, even the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price.

1 Peter 3:15  |  But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

FYI I love quoting scripture! I'm sure that all of you completely missed that about me!!! 😉

I strive for the characteristics that would be in keeping of God's desire for an "Apostolic Lady"! However, with all my human failing's; you will find me more closely defined as a "reliable realist"...that is; if you are trying to define me from a modern prospective. 😉

http://www.personality-type.net/reliable-realist/
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 09, 2015, 02:51:14 PM
Food is just food...however, I refuse to eat something that isn't up to my standards!!! I just don't go around thinking about my next meal! However, I come from a family of culinary geniuses!! 😉

*note* Chocolate is not food; it is a necessity!! It is also something that mass production has destroyed; chocolate wasn't meant to be a sugary piece with no flavor...you should always be picky about where; and how your chocolate is made!!! 😉

A person after my own heart!

If you have a nearby Aldi try the Moser Roth they carry.  If you don't have a nearby Aldi... well, Lindt is the closest that Wal-Mart carries to real chocolate, but it's not very close.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm from TX.
Been married 32 years.
Have 3 kids, all married.
Have 5 grand kids.
Like to drink Pepsi
I don't like dark chocolate.
Been working at the same job for 12 years.
I like to cook, but on my terms. When I'm in the mood, I enjoy it. When I'm not, it's a chore.

That's all I can think of for now.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on March 10, 2015, 12:55:36 AM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 09, 2015, 02:51:14 PM

A person after my own heart!

If you have a nearby Aldi try the Moser Roth they carry.  If you don't have a nearby Aldi... well, Lindt is the closest that Wal-Mart carries to real chocolate, but it's not very close.

I think there is an Aldi about a little over an hour away!!! Not sure I've ever had Moser Roth before!!! Will definitely have to try it!!!! 

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on March 10, 2015, 01:44:19 AM
I'm from TX.
Been married 32 years.
Have 3 kids, all married.
Have 5 grand kids.
Like to drink Pepsi
I don't like dark chocolate.
Been working at the same job for 12 years.
I like to cook, but on my terms. When I'm in the mood, I enjoy it. When I'm not, it's a chore.

That's all I can think of for now.

Love Pepsi( a hold over from the northwest)!!!!  ❤ As well, dark chocolate is the only way to go!!! 😉
I've been working my current job for eleven years! 🙈🙉🙊

Ashlee

I'm Ashlee.  I love HGTV, cooking, and reading.  I'm a southern girl living up north now and I love it!  I'm HATE hot weather. lol

SippinTea

I'm from Oregon.
I'm married to a wonderfully weird man I met on GP. ;)
We have three kiddos, and another on the way.
I like dark chocolate, raspberries, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream - not necessarily in that order.
I don't like mangoes, passive aggressive behavior, or laziness - not necessarily in that order.
Bubble wrap is fabulous. So are cardboard boxes.
In life B.C. (before Chris), I was a music teacher, freight gal, and owned a small home business.
In life A.C. (after marrying Chris), I'm a wife and mom, and still own that small home business - but don't have much time to pursue it. :cool:
My least favorite colors are yellow and orange.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

I am Chel. 
Beware!
:evilgrin:
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

Jennifer
Texas
Graphic Art major
Singer
Young adult ministry
I don't care for chocolate stuffs.
I love:
tacos
animals
any and all flora and fauna
music
art
Louis Vuitton
laughing

My one major life goal is to own a Nigerian Pygmy goat.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on March 10, 2015, 03:14:12 AM

I don't like, passive aggressive behavior, or laziness - not necessarily in that order.

Laziness is my least favorite thing about the society we live in!!! I won't go into all my other dislikes...  :hypocrite:  :smirk2:

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on March 10, 2015, 04:39:56 AM
I am Chel. 
Beware!
:evilgrin:
Wouldn't that be part of that passive aggressive stuff?  :P
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Nope, it's all aggressive. I have no passive side...
I do have a stubborn side though.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Nelle

Nelle
Former Arkansan, Current Illinoisan
Married - Almost our 3rd Anniv!
No (human) kids
2 Cats (Ted & Tabby), 1 Dog (Trigger)
Childrens Ministry, Bus Ministry, Presenter of all Fundraisers haha.. ETC.
Accounting for an Electrical Contractor
Lurk more than I post here.

That's all for now.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: sunlight on March 10, 2015, 04:18:25 PM
Nope, it's all aggressive. I have no passive side...
I do have a stubborn side though.
Amen ;)

Heather

Heather. 32.
East Tennessee.
Getting married in May. [been together almost 4 years]
Sociology/Anthropology double major.
Delivery driver of auto parts.
Professional pet/house sitter.
1 cat. Topher [not to be confused with Toe Fur]
Lover of sunshine, bodies of water, hiking and snow.
Disliker of rain [glasses wearer], snakes, and English class.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

I'm Seth and I'm a hateful old buzzard.

Chseeads

That must be why I've never liked you.  My favorite is orange.

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on March 16, 2015, 05:18:48 AM
I'm Seth and I'm a hateful old buzzard.
That's not what I heard from people who have met you.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Quote from: Chseeads on March 16, 2015, 05:21:56 AM

That must be why I've never liked you.  My favorite is orange.

*nods wisely* That must be it. It can't possibly be that you're a hateful old buzzard. :P :D

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel