News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

It's been a blah day.It started off rainy, then cleared up but is cool and breezy. I've played around in the ham radio room, made a couple of contacts with operators in countries I've never talked to before, but am still bored. And dreading returning to work tomorrow. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I dread this week.  Its gonna be top notch crazy.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

I SO did not want to return to work today. And, they are having two o'clock service and potluck today. I get off at 3, and drive an hour. I won't even get a sniff of the food. Preacher don't mess around when he's between saints and food....:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Excellent service this morning. I almost overslept again. Drank a Dr Pepper around 8 last night and I haven't been drinking that much caffeine lately. Up til almost 2 am. Sheesh.

Brandon got the call and he'll be transferring AZ's before the wedding. By the time everything goes through though he'll start working at his new store 1-2 weeks before.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Hey Bob, I was going to brighten up your first-day-of-work-after-vacation with the following, but today was hectic here and I forgot. So let this brighten up your second day.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

Life is a beautiful thing.

I don't take a moment for granted.

I live in a fabulous state and am blessed beyond measure.

Just thought I would put that out there.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 30, 2015, 04:23:55 AM
Hey Bob, I was going to brighten up your first-day-of-work-after-vacation with the following, but today was hectic here and I forgot. So let this brighten up your second day.
LOL. I like.
Unlike my second day, which is starting out in ways I do NOT like. It seems that my legislators, while I was gone, passed a religious freedoms protection bill- basically saying that if your belief is that gay marriage is wrong and you are a baker, you can politely decline to bake their cake....that kinda thing.
Well, apparently we have a "LGBT community". And they feel that it is discriminatory. So they are protesting and supposedly shall have over 100 protestors here today.
I have friends that are gay. I disagree strongly with it, think their lifestyle will send them to hell, and have bible to back it up.  I love them- and hate their sin. They know this, and don't "push" their choice on me. They know that I will in no way condone it.  If they wanted a cake, or that kinda thing, they would go to a bakery, or whatever, that had no issue and if someone turned them down, they'd go somewhere else. No prob.
Not these idiots. They have decided that everything is an affront to them and they will protest. So I will have the militant gays here to deal with. Lord. Keep my spirit right.

Lynx

Keep  your spirit right and your pistol in the car trunk.  :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on March 30, 2015, 12:43:13 PM
Keep  your spirit right and your pistol in the car trunk.  :hypocrite:

he's a cop - he gets to carry it.....lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I forgot to share this last week!!!

When I was telling Logan, (a nephew of MawMaw) that my friends were coming over and that Roscoe was a cop, he asked me (he's 13) "wow! A cop! I wonder if his breath smells like donuts!?"

SMH.

That was awesome though and we laughed.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

<-- has opinions and knows when and with whom not to share them

Only a couple paragraphs left for my draft tomorrow. Have to try to get a jump on Thursdays readings because I'll be spending Wednesday evening at the funeral home. Brandon's best friend's grandma [who raised him and essentially Brandon] passed away after a terrible battle with cancer. Keep the family in yours prayers please.

Roscoe

Praying Heather.
:hi: Morning, all. Back at work. The protestors were surprisingly low key for the most part yesterday. Figure they'll be back today, as the bill makes its way through the legal system.
Ready for my weekend, already, although it appears I shall have Chey all weekend.

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Since I'm (still) sick, I'm trying NOT to be at work today. But that's not working out so well for me.  :-\  If I could just stay in bed for a couple days I think I could kick this stupid bug. But alas, SAHM's don't have that luxury. Blah. Humbug. Pfft. Piffle. And all the rest of it.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

Heather

Ended up having a terrible stress migraine last night. Not helped by my rm banging on the door for me to open it because she was too lazy to get her key out of her bookbag. Oh and then I had to listen to her rustling her potato chip bag while watching whatever trashy show she likes on MTV. That was her idea of being quiet in a room with a migraine victim.......only 44 more days.....only 44.......

SippinTea

:headrub: Poor Heather. Migraines are no good.

I think I finally turned the corner with this horrid bug I caught. Feeling considerably better today. *sigh of relief*

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

*mutely hands Purple Fuzzy a mug of hot ginger peach tea*
*sips her own tea*
*stares blankly at Purple Fuzzy*
*wonders how much longer it will take to fully wake up*

MelodyB

Dad is in the hospital again. His wound is still not healed and now has gain green (sp?). Surgery is scheduled for Friday to take off more of his leg. This time above the knee.

He has become so bitter and demanding that I don't even want to go up there and see him. The man he is now is NOT my Daddy that I used to adore. This weekend with family was wonderful, but when I was around him he yelled at me and demanded I help him. Which I didn't. I couldn't. You don't yell at me and expect me to joyously help you. Asking nicely gets you further than yells and demands.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea