Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlee

Hi!  Busy this past week for school and just life.  Thankfully I've got 1 week down and I've currently got a's in both of my classes.  I've actually got a higher grade in the human anatomy class that I was more worried about than the other one.....except one of my grades hasn't even come in yet so we shall see!

Heather

*joins the Mel/Chel/Ruby HUG*

visitation and funeral service was rough. the poor preacher they had doing the service kept mispronouncing her name. ms linda's pastor from before she got too sick to go to church [or her husband who had a stroke 3 years ago and is completely dependent on help] had moved to georgia in the last year. so the funeral home put the baptist preacher on call up in front of the family. it was almost as bad as a friends wedding i went to last year when the pastor was announcing them mr and mrs and had to ask the groom for their last name....

mom has realized the wedding and wedding shower is coming up soon and has went into freak out/planning mode. she doesn't realize i have most of this worked out already  :roll:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Back at work. Gonna get free BBQ today....and supposed to have crowds again today. Bah. Glad it's my Friday.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

*Hugs* PF

Quote from: HeatherB on April 02, 2015, 03:41:45 AM
mom has realized the wedding and wedding shower is coming up soon and has went into freak out/planning mode. she doesn't realize i have most of this worked out already  :roll:

Oh lovely. Just keep quietly doing your thing, and hopefully she'll calm down soon. (Please God, don't let me make an idiot of myself when Bella gets married someday. Amen.)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Survived the day. Went and got the Corvette out and enjoyed an evening ride in it. Had a date night planned since Chey is at a friends house- but communication was poor and Lou had already planned to help decorate the church for Easter. She did ride in the Corvette for the first time. I don't think she is as enamored of it as I am...
Tomorrow, I'm gonna try to help Pastor at the church. It appears some honeybees have found a way into our fellowship hall attic. We've got to see about sealing up the entry point and relocating the bees. :o
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bob: Just find someone who doesn't know how to cook and turn him loose in the kitchen. Smoke the bees out.

Wait... do you have anyone around there who doesn't know how to cook? All the food I tried at y'all's dinner was pretty good. 

In local news, tonight the whole family will be descending on a small restaurant somewhere in Jackson to celebrate my birthday. Said birthday was last Monday but we usually do these things the next weekend so everyone can be there. Last night I dreamed that EVERYONE was coming, including my father who lives up in Kentucky. When I woke up and realized it was just a dream I was slightly unhappy, especially as he already said he can't come.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Yes, Happy birthday! I had no clue.
Bee's door has been locked. I think they are moving. Church yard mowed, and I've managed to go home and clean up. Fixin' to fire up the 'vette and wander a bit west to stir up trouble... :freaky2:

Lynx

Feh. Trip was canceled by the weather. And various members of the family can't make it tonight or Sunday. The little restaurant is spared... for now. Current plans are for next week.

But I'm still hungry for sushi...

In other news, I finally switched away from my world's smallest android phone. I loved my Xperia Mini because it would fit anywhere, but it wouldn't do 4G and 3G is slower than molasses in January. So I finally got a big slab of a normal smartphone. *sigh* How DO you people put up with such cumbersome devices?

There are two upsides though. 4G speed is obviously one of them. The other is the color, which turns out to be great camouflage. At work they asked me to stay and help until late at night and I was playing some christian rap (nobody cares at night) and they couldn't even see the phone. I stuck it in with the grills and it blended in so well they couldn't find it, even with music blaring out of it.

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Pray for Melbs and her family. I saw on fb her father passed.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Yeah, I got a text from her early this morning, but I wasn't sure if it was public knowledge yet so didn't say anything. It must be by now though, because various people are posting on her FB.

My heart hurts for her.
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Yes. It's ok to tell. Everyone pretty much knows now.

His surgery went well and they expected a full recovery. Last night his heart stopped and they lost him 4 times. They got him back and he was on the ventilatior and then they called mom to come up to sign papers and so I was also called. I left work and by the time I got there, mom, Pastor and aunt Linda were pulling up and they wouldn't let us go to ICU. We went to the waiting area with the DR and she said they lost him the 5th time and they just let him go.

And that was all.

Pastor said that yesterday morning before surgery he was very repentant. He knew he had been in the wrong to be so bitter and hateful to everyone. They had prayer and Pastor said dad was much more peaceful after that. So hopefully he made his peace with God.

It's mixed emotions today. I teared up some, but can't full out cry yet. Idk what to feel.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Been praying for ya, Mel, as well as for the Lawrence family from Jayess, Mississippi...Very rare poster "Snoop" a good friend of mine, lost his aunt today as well. She was a wonderful Godly lady, in my mind the very definition of an Apostolic lady. So much pain today...my heart hurts for ya'll. :sadbounce:

In normal sharing- I went over to Mini and Chellebelle's last night, had a wonderful evening of fellowship and food, and stayed the night. Mini and I got up this morning and went to a hamfest, where Mini passed his first ham test and is a ham now, or will be when the FCC gets his paperwork approved. Then we went out in the Corvette and he took some awesome pics and drove the 'vette some.  :thumbsup2:
When I left and headed home, I found the two lanes and stuck to them, finally taking a route I haven't been before, over Mount Magazine. It was curvy and good roads with little traffic- perfect. I had a ball...
Now I'm home waiting on my queen and princess, stuck in the ham room because Lou locked the door and took my house key so she could replace hers that was lost. I didn't think she was THAT upset about the Corvette/ham radio/ everything else I've bought recently, but I MAY have been mistaken...:lol:

Ashlee

Quote from: MelodyB on April 04, 2015, 07:31:16 PM
Yes. It's ok to tell. Everyone pretty much knows now.

His surgery went well and they expected a full recovery. Last night his heart stopped and they lost him 4 times. They got him back and he was on the ventilatior and then they called mom to come up to sign papers and so I was also called. I left work and by the time I got there, mom, Pastor and aunt Linda were pulling up and they wouldn't let us go to ICU. We went to the waiting area with the DR and she said they lost him the 5th time and they just let him go.

And that was all.

Pastor said that yesterday morning before surgery he was very repentant. He knew he had been in the wrong to be so bitter and hateful to everyone. They had prayer and Pastor said dad was much more peaceful after that. So hopefully he made his peace with God.

It's mixed emotions today. I teared up some, but can't full out cry yet. Idk what to feel.

Oh Mel!  I'm so sorry!  It's been almost 3 years since my dad passed away and I still miss him so.  It feels so hard to lose a parent.  I was the same way.  It took me awhile to grieve.  Dad died late at night all alone and I went to sign the cremation papers since we couldn't afford a funeral or anything.  It was so odd.  I didn't ask to see him because..I just didn't want to see him like that.  I never really got closure and it seems so strange.  It's kind of like he is just away for an extended vacation I guess.  I'm so sorry Mel *hugs*

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Thanks everyone...it was hard at church yesterday especially, but I think it had more to do with the powerful service we had rather than grief...but I was already a tad emotional so the spirit just escalated my emotions.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

*HUGS to Mel again*

I didn't go to church yesterday. I know I know. I'm the heathen. I know it sounds terrible but I hate going to church on Easter and Christmas. It's all about look at my pretty new outfit and lets take family photos. My entire FB and IG feed was blown up with family photos. As someone who has NEVER went to church with their immediate family, it stinks. My uncle's family way back in the day when I was a kid would take one family photo of just their family and a 2nd to include me just so I didn't feel awkward [which in a way made it more awkward...]. I just will never have that and therefore try to avoid it. I know Brandon and I are creating our own family unit but he works every single sunday at his current job so alas I am the lone wolf.

I've applied for a few different jobs. I'm also about to apply for a work study job on campus that I'm eligible for through FAFSA. One job in particular I feel really good about. It's a smoothie place where I frequent and have also kinda made friends with the co-owner. It's evening and weekends and would greatly relieve my 'how am i going to work out a school and work schedule' stress.

That's about it for now. 38 days til the wedding!!!

MsJennJenn

Hey Heather - I meant to suggest this the other day, but have you thought about trying for a night shift at a Hotel? Or maybe not the night night shift, but the 3p-11p. If the hotel is slow enough, it could be conducive for your homework lol....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

I have actually Jenn, but sadly my future MIL has worked at just about every hotel in the area and has either left under terrible conditions or has said terrible things about me to the ones she has found out I applied for. She's back in the 'I hate Heather' cycle of her life right now so none of them are even giving me a second glance.  :-\

MsJennJenn

Wow really? Good grief.

I umm also forget that I live in a multi-million area metroplex and also right in the middle where the airport is and hotels are on every corner just about. And not everyone has the thousands of options we do. Lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-