News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

What has the last five years been to you? Life? Faith? Love?

Started by Assuredbyfaith, January 01, 2015, 02:20:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Assuredbyfaith

So, I looked up the last time I was on here...apparently that was some time in 2009! Sad! Sorry, I got distracted by life! I hope that all of you have been well and blessed? My life in the last five years has been amazing, strange, beautiful, stressful, hard, overwhelming, blessed...and so touched by God! I don't deserve it; but he has brought me through so much!

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. Psalms 18:2    

So, Happy New Years!!!  May you be blessed abundantly!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

BTW, What's a Blessing Meter? That's something new to me.
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Oh, wow! Y'all expect a body to read a discussion with over 500+ posts in it? I don't think I'm going to be able to catch up with all that's gone and been!!!  Ok...someone give me the short version of all the hottest topics!!! Preferably in a single post!! ;) All five years worth...don't leave any of the best out!!

BTW, if you haven't noticed I have an accent...yep, I've been in the south too long! ;)

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 01, 2015, 02:34:03 PM
Oh, wow! Y'all expect a body to read a discussion with over 500+ posts in it? I don't think I'm going to be able to catch up with all that's gone and been!!!  Ok...someone give me the short version of all the hottest topics!!! Preferably in a single post!! ;) All five years worth...don't leave any of the best out!!

BTW, if you haven't noticed I have an accent...yep, I've been in the south too long! ;)
I'll recap, since I'm a Southerner... :hypocrite: In the last five years, I found this place and blessed y'all with my presence. Truly a blessing for you. All else is unimportant.  :hypocrite:
And the blessing meter is a way to recognize my greatness, by "blessing" me hourly. Each "blessing" of Roscoe should be immediately accompanied by a "smite" to Seth, Mini, or the Fuzzy Beast, aka Purple Fuzzy, aka practicalme..
And that's a recap. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on January 01, 2015, 07:11:37 PM
I found this place and blessed y'all with my presence. Truly a blessing for you. All else is unimportant.  :hypocrite:
And the blessing meter is a way to recognize my greatness, by "blessing" me hourly. Each "blessing" of Roscoe should be immediately accompanied by a "smite" to Seth, Mini, or the Fuzzy Beast, aka Purple Fuzzy, aka practicalme..

But,
If I  "smite" you...your blessings and smites will be in equal amounts!!!  Then you could focus on truly walking "humbly" with the Lord!! Right?
That in itself would be a blessing!  :hypocrite:

Assuredbyfaith

Question! I was reading the stats page; and in 2013 it's says there were 26,000 new members. How come there are only 190 now? Where did they all go? What was up with 2013?  ???   :-\  :-? 

Assuredbyfaith

I should be blessed since I  created the first 3 discussions of the new year!!!  ;)  :hypocrite:
Or I should get a prize!!!  :updown:

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 01, 2015, 07:55:22 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 01, 2015, 07:11:37 PM
I found this place and blessed y'all with my presence. Truly a blessing for you. All else is unimportant.  :hypocrite:

But,
If I  "smite" you...your blessings and smites will be in equal amounts!!!  Then you could focus on truly walking "humbly" with the Lord!! Right?
That in itself would be a blessing!  :hypocrite:
That TERRIBLE logic earned you a "smite". May the fleas of a thousand camel infest your armpits. :hypocrite:
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 01, 2015, 08:13:47 PM
Question! I was reading the stats page; and in 2013 it's says there were 26,000 new members. How come there are only 190 now? Where did they all go? What was up with 2013?  ???   :-\  :-? 
And if I remember right we had a "spam" attack- not the kind of canned meat mini thinks is delicious, but the computer type- and that many new members signed up in like two days. Kept Sir John and ol' Cheesehead busy deleting profiles I do believe....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 01, 2015, 11:36:37 PM
The last year has been very hard and a time of testing.

You have been kept in prayer; through your FB friends.
This has been a hard year for me starting with two ER visits in July! :'( Countless doctors, hospital visits, bills, debts...it's still a struggle with seemingly no end; however, I am alive!

I hope and pray that this year will see you blessed and victorious!!
God bless!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on January 02, 2015, 03:19:42 AM
That TERRIBLE logic earned you a "smite". May the fleas of a thousand camel infest your armpits. :hypocrite:

I thought God said you should do unto others as you would have them do unto you?  Using that truth; you should have blessed me!!!!

BTW~ I'm not the one who made your blessings and smites even out!!! Apparently some one else thought my logic was sound!!  :hypocrite:

Ashlee

This past 5 years has been a rollercoaster for me.  Thankfully I'm on top at the moment and I'm enjoying the view. lol  I'm getting some peace and comfort and rest and preparing for that next plunge. lol

Roscoe

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 02, 2015, 07:48:12 AM

I thought God said you should do unto others as you would have them do unto you?  Using that truth; you should have blessed me!!!!

BTW~ I'm not the one who made your blessings and smites even out!!! Apparently some one else thought my logic was sound!!  :hypocrite:
:pound: Bah. I hate it when someone quotes scripture and shows me I *may* be mistaken.  :pound: And with this buncha clowns, there was no doubt that they'd be evil and strike out at me. I blame Seth. Or mini. Or Fuzzy. Lord, my list of suspect is never-ending....:sadbounce:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on January 02, 2015, 03:02:27 PM
:pound: Bah. I hate it when someone quotes scripture and shows me I *may* be mistaken. 

No "may be" about it ...   :hypocrite:

The Purple Fuzzy

:pound: Bah. I hate it when someone quotes scripture and shows me I *may* be mistaken.  :pound: And with this buncha clowns, there was no doubt that they'd be evil and strike out at me. I blame Seth. Or mini. Or Fuzzy. Lord, my list of suspect is never-ending....:sadbounce:
I think you deserve another smite for accusing me. :girltongue:

Chseeads

Last five years....it's been weird.  And a lot of it's been a crock of pooty.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 12, 2015, 06:29:04 PM

Is this were I preach the scriptures on bless those who spitefully use you...bless your enemies???  :hypocrite: 

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 13, 2015, 08:46:07 AM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 12, 2015, 06:29:04 PM

Is this were I preach the scriptures on bless those who spitefully use you...bless your enemies???  :hypocrite: 
No, this is where you preach grace or mercy since even though he deserved it, I refrained. ;)

Assuredbyfaith

The Purple Fuzzy

Haha, I'm really just OCD and didn't want his smites and blesses uneven. :lol:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 13, 2015, 04:38:59 PM

Went a head and fixed that. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Assuredbyfaith

Your OCD must be having a fit...on account of your blesses and smites not balancing out!  :hypocrite:   😉

Assuredbyfaith

I think someone smote me because I called someone a saint!!! 😖 😉 hmmm... *sigh* I just don't know about saints now days....   :hypocrite:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on January 13, 2015, 06:20:14 PM

Your OCD must be having a fit...on account of your blesses and smites not balancing out!  :hypocrite:   😉

I could be a blessing and help you even the numbers??? 😉
:hypocrite: