News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

My allergies are wrecking havoc on my face. It feels so puffy. I was up at 3:30, sneezing my head off. Fell back asleep, up again at 6:30. I just got up. Made good choices today lol. Made breakfast, had some coffee, got ready for work, and was at work at 8:03. Can't remember the last time I've been here so early.

The sneezes have yet to dissipate though.  :noo: :cry2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 27, 2015, 04:53:55 AM
Quote from: HeatherB on January 26, 2015, 11:58:48 PM
Essentially it comes down to politics and money. This last one really grinds my gears through because everything was set up and hunky dorry so we ordered invitations. Now the pastor will not give a straight answer to his associate pastor [my uncle] who would be the one doing the ceremony when 2 months ago he said all would be well. I'm just over it. If the pastor cannot give us an answer in the next 2-3 weeks I'm just saying forget the wedding. More money then that we can spend on a honeymoon and getting our home stocked. [Brandon and his dad has essentially ruined all my kitchenwares that were left at their house.]
In TN you don't need a judge or minister. When you buy your license you can opt to get the County Clerk to sign the license and you're married. You can do a ceremony with a clown officiating after that if you want. They offered us the option, Elona said no.

This is what we were going to do. My uncle is not ordained but we wanted him to perform the ceremony. Now we apparently are not even given permission to use his church for just the ceremony. It's been one issue after another. Even earlier Brandon [who is the one who wanted a ceremony] is ready to just go with a courthouse wedding then a honeymoon.

Had a teacher cancel class so I'm finishing up a little bit a reading for a later class and eating lunch.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

Please keep my Mother in prayer. She just fell down some steps and hit her head on the railing! Both of my parents have faced serious health battles this year....she isn't conditioned to be taking a falling. So far it seems as though there is no serious injury; however, my parents like to keep things away from me! Things that will only stress, and worry me. They might not be telling me everything. With all the battles, and health issues I've been facing...my family has been out there in extreme measures; trying to protect and encourage me! Right now I'm in bed sick, and shaking with the chills and fever! My heart is pounding with stress, anxiety, and fear! Sad but sweet; my Mothers is trying to reassure me that nothing is wrong...yet, they've called my siblings for prayer!!

In Jesus Name!!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 27, 2015, 04:53:55 AM
In TN you don't need a judge or minister. When you buy your license you can opt to get the County Clerk to sign the license and you're married. You can do a ceremony with a clown officiating after that if you want. They offered us the option, Elona said no.
Maybe no clown, but... would she have let her puppet officiate? That puppet sure was a good singer.  Sandi Patti the second. The puppet could have done the ceremony and then sang a special.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

Heather

work this morning. now eating leftover cupcakes for lunch and diving into the ridiculous amounts of reading i have to do before classes tomorrow.

MsJennJenn

Bored at work. It's 70 degrees. I'm wishing I was out in the sun.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I didn't even get to leave for lunch to see the sunshine.  We had a lunch meeting with food brought in. :(

Geri

It's been a loooong day so far. My husband's tire went flat yesterday and he hasn't been able to get it off to put on the spare. He had to work both jobs today so September and I took him to work at 6am, came back home for an hour or so, then I took her to school. Since I had to pick him back up at 9:30, I went on to Target and hung out at starbucks until he got off work. Thankfully, I brought my work laptop home so I was able to get some work done. After he got off work, we had to book it to the hospital for our anatamy ultrasound, then back home for him to try again with his tire. Since he STILL wasn't able to get it changed, I had to drive him to his second job. I'm back working from home now until I have to pick up September from after school care, swing by the library, then go pick Tyler up at work, then head straight to church. *sigh*

Thankfully he is off work tomorrow, so hopefully he will be able to pry that tire off to get it changed so he can drive himself to work on Friday. Sometimes being an adult kinda stinks. lol

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Assuredbyfaith

Started my shift off with 130+ hours short of the laborers that I needed for the amount of work we have....add in two people calling out sick, and two people going home sick!!!  :o
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

I can't wait for the weekend...I'm done in! 😔

Roscoe

:hi:  Morning, all. Back at work and glory to God it is my Friday.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Geri

Quote from: sunlight on January 28, 2015, 09:45:03 PM
Anatomy ultrasound? As in if it's a girl or boy?

Yes, but mostly they take measurements and look at how the baby is developing to make sure everything looks normal.

Geri

September was very excited to find out she's having a baby brother!!!

Heather

Her face is precious Geri!

Finally going out for my birthday dinner 2 days late.

Got an A on a pop quiz today.

Brandon and I had a heart to heart. We have decided to forgo a wedding. Too much stress and hassle.

Also I made a pretty important church decision.

Lynx

Geri, here's your Quote for the Day:
"So little boy, what are your parents going to name the new baby?"
"They said if it's a girl they'll call her Monica, and if it's another boy they'll call it Quits."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

SippinTea

You up for sharing the decision, Heather? Or would you rather not? :)

God gave us a new mattress today. *sigh of relief* Pretty sure it's going to mean sleeping 100% better for both of us. Grateful. It's a total answer to prayer.

:beret:

Assuredbyfaith

Is physically, mentally exhausted! 😶

Assuredbyfaith

On the positive side of things.... I'm two hours into my Friday!!! Thank goodness!!!! 😊