News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Well, I liked cashiering after all...so far. I've heard horror stories, but I had lots of nice people yesterday.

And about ten minutes before my alarm was set to go off, I got a really bad Charlie horse. UGH. Hoping this pain goes away before I get to work in two hours.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Geri

Hope you are feeling better Mel!

Lynx, my husband is the same way. He works at Target, stocking the health and beauty department mostly, and I've heard many a rant about how he had to leave work undone because he ran out of hours. Of course it doesn't help when he has days when he's the only one on the team who actually shows up to work! I'll never understand that.

Geri

Lynx

What baseball bat?  :teeth:
*Lynx sits on his tail and looks innocent.

MelodyB: I knew you would like it.  Almost all the people you will meet are nice.  The horror stories are from people who ignored the nice people and dwelt on the one or two rude people they met.  For some reason some cashiers go on and on (and on and on and on) about one jerk, but never mention any nice people.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: I've somewhat enjoyed my day off, although I did nothing constructive. Took Chey to school, went by the library, came home and have been kicked back reading...what a waste of a grand day, but I am enjoying it nonetheless.  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

When I got in the shower under the hot water my leg stopped throbbing, it's been sore a bit all day, but I was able to work and walk and no one knew anything was bothering me. It's still a tad bit sore, but should be gone by morning.

I had another great day! I love my job!

Working in the deli at Winn Dixie tomorrow and Sunday. Those will be my last days there. I'll tell them not to put me on next weeks sechedule. Then back to cashiering at Jerry Lees on Monday. :)

For the next two weeks I'll get two checks a week. Life is good! ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Quote from: Geri on January 21, 2015, 09:07:11 PM
I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted here! Glad to see some familar faces still, though I dunno if anyone remembers me. lol
:hi: Hi y'all!

How could we forget?

Chseeads

Still pray for dad and all of us....  He's doing relatively alright I guess, though every day is a trial and misery on one level or another, as it has been for a long long time.....  *sigh*  It's terribly wearying for everyone. 

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Bah. My weekend off has flown by. :sadbounce: I chased down an intermittent issue with Rusty's heater- had a bad ground that would call it to go off when I needed it most. Last night I turned the ham radio on and actually made a few contacts, talking to a friend in Tokyo for a few before discovering a station located in Mali (South Africa) a country I hadn't talk to yet. A few minutes later and that contact is in the logbook...Although I'm sure that means nothing to y'all, I am quite enjoying my hobby and the little station I've bargained my way into acquiring....:teeth:
Oh, and I have to get something together for tomorrow night. If I can tear myself away from Bill O'Reilly's book "Killing Jesus", I should have no problem doing so. But that book is incredible....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Im sitting here studying, and trying hard to figure out a good illustration to convey my opening point.

Looking at being uncomfortable...and suddenly the perfect illustration hits me!

Quote from: Roscoe on June 26, 2013, 10:56:42 PM
At least he didn't do what I just did. I'm tooling along torwards home, listening to one of my favorite songs- and you should know that I 1) love music 2) sing quite poorly and 3) sing loudly when I'm alone.
Any way, the song "When God Unfolds The Rose" is playing, and it's a song that makes me squall, and sing along to, although its notes are so far out of the "bad" range for me that they are in the "My God where;s the torture device" range....
Yes. I am bellering it at the top of my lungs. Yes. I had managed to inadverdantly key the mic on my ham radio without knowing it. Yes, I broadcast my shameful performance across the state of Arkansas on its most powerful repeater, which has around 100 miles any direction from Little Rock coverage.
When I noticed it, I unkeyed and heard.." Whoever that was PLLLLEEEAAASE don't quit your day job. That was painful." Oooops.
:sing: "When God unfolds the rooooose..." :sing:

Yes...thats it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 24, 2015, 10:46:05 PM
Im sitting here studying, and trying hard to figure out a good illustration to convey my opening point.

Looking at being uncomfortable...and suddenly the perfect illustration hits me!

Quote from: Roscoe on June 26, 2013, 10:56:42 PM
At least he didn't do what I just did. I'm tooling along torwards home, listening to one of my favorite songs- and you should know that I 1) love music 2) sing quite poorly and 3) sing loudly when I'm alone.
Any way, the song "When God Unfolds The Rose" is playing, and it's a song that makes me squall, and sing along to, although its notes are so far out of the "bad" range for me that they are in the "My God where;s the torture device" range....
Yes. I am bellering it at the top of my lungs. Yes. I had managed to inadverdantly key the mic on my ham radio without knowing it. Yes, I broadcast my shameful performance across the state of Arkansas on its most powerful repeater, which has around 100 miles any direction from Little Rock coverage.
When I noticed it, I unkeyed and heard.." Whoever that was PLLLLEEEAAASE don't quit your day job. That was painful." Oooops.
:sing: "When God unfolds the rooooose..." :sing:

Yes...thats it.
:pound: :pound:

taco_harvell

My week has been weak!

Preaching tomorrow night. I'll probably preach where I am "The Battlefield of Faith and doubt".
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on January 25, 2015, 12:17:58 AM
My week has been weak!

Preaching tomorrow night. I'll probably preach where I am "The Battlefield of Faith and doubt".
Hey, mini.....let's steal taco's thought. :biglaugh: Much less studying if he'd just flesh it out a bit for us... :freaky2:

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Just two days ago I was wondering where you are lately SippinTea.  I still wear my cloaks.  Nobody at church says anything any more except the pastor, and at least it distracts him from my shoes.  :roll:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

Isaac! I was just thinking about you recently and wondering if you still liked and wore your cloaks! I'm glad you do. :) I had lots of fun making them. I haven't been around GP much for a long time. I've popped in from time to time but haven't generally posted. We found out recently that we're expecting another little one. That's my biggest news. Otherwise, it's life as usual. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Assuredbyfaith

I can't sleep  ...and I would really like to be able to sleep!!! 

I'm sure it's because I am once again carless ...that's C-A-R-less not careless! My 🚗 couldn't have picked a better day...when I was in the middle of a series of activities, a public event; as well as, far from home; to decide that it thinks the chip in my 🔑  is not the right chip; therefore not the right 🔑! So even though I have a fully charged 🔋, plenty of ⛽ ,and four wheels; it refuses to start! That being said; there are some amazing friends, and family; who gave it their best try at trickery (It didn't work... my 🚗 wasn't fooled one bit by them trying to get it to start). Some friends were there for comedic relief and just to keep us company! Either that, or they just like standing around watching a 🚗 go no where! Some friends were there to call in the professional; he gave it his best try!  Some friends were saying prayers... I think we lost our " grains of mustard seeds" .... Probably somewhere in the grass underneath the 🚗!! Some friends were there to drive us to and from... Some friends were there to feed us! Some family were there just wishing they could go home. Some family were there because they drove to the rescue!

So I am blessed...*sniff*

Thank you Jesus for amazing friends and family!

*Still not asleep *
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Said activities and events...meant a luncheon and a funeral! It's not fun having car troubles at a funeral; some what embarrassing! 😢  Especially when you want to be respectful, and comforting...and all you feel is irritated and frazzled!! 😩
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

"The problem with quotes on the internet is verifying them." - Abraham Lincoln
"Do you sing at church?"

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on January 25, 2015, 02:06:18 PM
"The problem with quotes on the internet is verifying them." - Abraham Lincoln

ROFL

Yesterday I was looking up quotes on several words...on one page three different people had the credits for the same quote...So, I was like: "How do you decide who to quote"? I decided that when quoting someone you should choose the lesser of "evils" ...more like; who lives a lifestyle that wouldn't contradict everything you stand for; or embarrass you to be caught quoting. Needless to say I haven't used said quotes; because I haven't found the time to investigate three random strangers...and the quotes weren't really all that deep/wise!
  :smirk2:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on January 25, 2015, 03:44:13 AM
We found out recently that we're expecting another little one. That's my biggest news. Otherwise, it's life as usual. :)

:beret:

Congratulations!!!

The Purple Fuzzy