News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 03, 2015, 02:41:35 AM
Feeling really yucky.
Finally starting to feel slightly human again.  I hope none of y'all get this junk.  It's no fun.

Lynx

Did burrito make this can wall before or after his mother-in-law started feeling yucky?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Glad you are feeling a bit better Fuzzy... it's no fun atall being sick.
And what the dickens is a can wall? I've never heard of it...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Considering the source - a lady who keeps christmas lights up all year 'round because she likes them - it could very well be a wall of cans. 

And by the way, whatever happened to burrito?  I miss him, he was cool. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on January 07, 2015, 02:49:08 PM

And by the way, whatever happened to burrito?  I miss him, he was cool. 

He's building can walls and a plethora of other things I imagine.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

We've had a total now of 6 earthquakes in the city where I work since 3pm yesterday.
The first one at 3pm, I felt. My whole office shook and rattled. It scared me to death! lol
Then there were various others after I left work. CRAZY. And another one just happened a few seconds ago. No where near as intense as the one yesterday though.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Three points for correct use of "plethora."  I often wish I lived around people who had more than a minimal vocabulary.  It would be so nice to be able to talk without constantly editing what I say into simpler terms.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Ashlee

Hello again.  Once again I'm a night owl lol. We got a new bed today and decided to take a quick nap. Ended up sleeping 9 hours straight.  So I'd say the bed is a good one lol

Roscoe

I have a plethora of bad feelings for this stupid cold weather. :P 6 degrees?!?! Really? When did I move to Alaska?!? :pound:
I am irritable. I did not get my morning Dr. Pepper. And I have 8 hours to get through. :sadbounce: And to make it worse, the teardrop camper I wanted and was going to bid on ended while I was preaching last night. Sold for $1525. It was worth much more....I didn't think it was going to go off until 9, but no.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on January 07, 2015, 11:23:52 PM
Three points for correct use of "plethora."  I often wish I lived around people who had more than a minimal vocabulary.  It would be so nice to be able to talk without constantly editing what I say into simpler terms.
I love words. I use quite a few as big as I can get them. I have a close friend who, he and I word war. It's quite fun. I typically win. Naturally.

Quote from: MelodyB on January 08, 2015, 05:43:41 AM
I use that word quite a bit. I like it.

I do as well.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Ashlee

Quote from: Roscoe on January 08, 2015, 12:39:10 PM
I have a plethora of bad feelings for this stupid cold weather. :P 6 degrees?!?! Really? When did I move to Alaska?!? :pound:
I am irritable. I did not get my morning Dr. Pepper. And I have 8 hours to get through. :sadbounce: And to make it worse, the teardrop camper I wanted and was going to bid on ended while I was preaching last night. Sold for $1525. It was worth much more....I didn't think it was going to go off until 9, but no.....

Maybe you should have shortened your sermon....*cough*

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on January 08, 2015, 04:23:56 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 08, 2015, 12:39:10 PM

Maybe you should have shortened your sermon....*cough*
:pound: :pound: HE shoulda shortened my sermon. I just deliver the mail, I don't write the letter.  :hypocrite:
Besides, I suspect it actually ended before I began, so I'm blaming our musicians...one of whom is my wife, who did NOT feel as strongly about the potential purchase as I did.
Anyway. I am back on my weekend...finally. :thumbsup2:

Lynx

You could have stationed a laptop back in the prayer room and kept tabs on the auction.  "Sorry honey, I gotta go to the bathroom before I preach... Yeah, again.  I drank a lot of coffee before church."
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

finding out the problems a dns server error can create.  :o  Went to pull up GP earlier and all my browser would give me is "err name resolution failed" and would not let me online.  spent the rest of the night using the search engine on my smartphone to troubleshoot and try various things like flushing the dns to fix the prob.  Ended up having to change my dns server to get back online.  :sadbounce:

currently running virus and malware scans to make sure I didn't pick up some dumb virus.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on January 09, 2015, 11:04:43 AM
You could have stationed a laptop back in the prayer room and kept tabs on the auction.  "Sorry honey, I gotta go to the bathroom before I preach... Yeah, again.  I drank a lot of coffee before church."
He could have just put in his top bid and let it do the bidding for him...

Lynx

Yeah, that automatic bidding has taken all the fun out of sniping.   :-\
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I've purchased a plethora of craft supplies the last 2 days. With a wedding date and budget set [as in no budget...], I'm in full crafting mode. Trying to decide if I like paper, tissue, or felt flowers best. I'm currently leaning toward the felt....

Date is Thursday May 14 if anyone wants to come. But it's going to be short, sweet, here's a cupcake, and out the door.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

We have a plethora of things to do today after we get off... But I think I'm gonna beg to take a nap instead.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 09, 2015, 02:16:55 PM
Quote from: Lynx on January 09, 2015, 11:04:43 AM
He could have just put in his top bid and let it do the bidding for him...
I was a victim of my own...frugalness. Or stupidity.  :o  There were several "watchers" and I feared putting in my high bid early because I figured they would began bidding it through the roof, past my high bid. My goal was to lure the high bidder into security, then in the last hour or so put my max bid in and snip it then. As you can see that worked well for me.  :smirk2:
Made it through the day. Received the unwelcome news that Bro Wilson's mama passed last night- it was expected, she was sick and 88 years old, but still she was his Mama. He's doing well with it though. Sadly, I cannot make the funeral- it is on Monday, which is the first day of session and a day we are shorthanded. They probably wouldn't let me off for my own funeral that day.  :roll: