News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

In the words of my mother's presbyterian pastor, "And let all the people say... amen."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Bah. it's my Saturday, which means that y'all are rejoicing about the coming weekend, while my weekend is sailing by at warp speed. :pound:
I did a little grocery shopping yesterday, and stumbled by the local dodge dealership on a whim. I should not have done that. I wound up testdriving an absolutely amazing car. A 2010 Dodge Challenger. Hemi,6 speed manual transmission and exhaust pipes that would make the Angel Gabriel jealous. Only two draw backs. The price, although good for that car,  is higher than I need to spend, even though I could definitely use a better car. And as mini pointed out, ya'll would hound me constantly. The car is a limited edition color called "Fusion" with Black leather interior that has contrasting "Fusion" colored baseball stitching thread.
Fusion is remarkably similar to a color from Chrysler's muscle car heydays of the '70's. The color? Panther Pink.
Yes, the car I am considering is pink. I'd call it Raspberry, more of a purplish-pink, but the fact remains- it is pink. And If I buy it, I shall drive it proudly, and shall buy a shirt that says "Real men drive pink cars." And for anyone that doubts my masculinity, I'll take them for a brief ride through the first four gears with those pipes bellowing. They'll change their mind...
Probably the first car I've ever driven that would cause me trouble deciding whether to buy it or another Corvette...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Yes I'm rejoicing its Friday. And I'm spending the night in. In my pjs, with comfort food, music, and a plethora of other things. I'm acting my age! ha

So my Pastors always so very anti-social media. And now that he's the President of Texas Bible College, it's so weird to see his face, and videos of him all over social media. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on January 30, 2015, 11:02:48 PM
Bah. it's my Saturday, which means that y'all are rejoicing about the coming weekend, while my weekend is sailing by at warp speed. :pound:
I did a little grocery shopping yesterday, and stumbled by the local dodge dealership on a whim. I should not have done that. I wound up testdriving an absolutely amazing car. A 2010 Dodge Challenger. Hemi,6 speed manual transmission and exhaust pipes that would make the Angel Gabriel jealous. Only two draw backs. The price, although good for that car,  is higher than I need to spend, even though I could definitely use a better car. And as mini pointed out, ya'll would hound me constantly. The car is a limited edition color called "Fusion" with Black leather interior that has contrasting "Fusion" colored baseball stitching thread.
Fusion is remarkably similar to a color from Chrysler's muscle car heydays of the '70's. The color? Panther Pink.
Yes, the car I am considering is pink. I'd call it Raspberry, more of a purplish-pink, but the fact remains- it is pink. And If I buy it, I shall drive it proudly, and shall buy a shirt that says "Real men drive pink cars." And for anyone that doubts my masculinity, I'll take them for a brief ride through the first four gears with those pipes bellowing. They'll change their mind...
Probably the first car I've ever driven that would cause me trouble deciding whether to buy it or another Corvette...
Real WOMEN  drive pink cars. I'm sure you meant to say that.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

On the heels of that... LOL!

Would someone PLEASE tell me today is almost over?!? It IS close to bedtime isn't it?!? Between a certain teen boy and one very lively and demanding toddler, I'm about ready to start screeching like a wild banshee today.  :googly:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

*puts in earbuds* go right ahead Ruby. I completely understand.

Went to stay at my parents last night. Was told how much of a waste my life has been and how wonderful my sister is.

It's 8 pm and I'm ready for bed.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

I've had a day of nothing too. I got out this morning for Praise singers practice. But then I came back home around 1, and I've been in my pjs ever since. Glorious day, full of relaxation, rain, food (ok too much), and mostly quiet (neighbors are insane per usual).

Ruby darlin' I do commend thee for motherhood. You're great at it, despite days like today. Hope at some point you got some peace and quiet, and had a cuppa tea. :hug:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Peaceful, quiet day here. Drove Rusty to town, did a little grocery shopping, then came home and made Lou some bread- she likes to take a piece of my homemade bread and lay a slice of ham on it for breakfast, and she was out. Then I played in the ham room for a bit, talking to South Africa and a couple other exotic places I shall never see. Now, after a hot bath, I am chillin'. It's good to be king. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

Roscoe, that's two times too many that you talked about ham in one post. Now I'm hungry. :pound:

Heather, I'm sorry. It is SO not helpful to hear how wonderful someone else is. Especially on the heels of criticism.  :-( I'm sending you a big hug.

Jenn m'dear.... great at motherhood I am not. Once upon a time I thought I would be/could be. But by now I am quite convinced I am terrible at it. Peace and quiet and cups of tea have not been seen around here today, however......... BELLA IS ASLEEP NOW!! :clap: I'm thinking tea is a MARVELOUS idea just now.  :lol:

*goes to put the kettle on*

Anyone wanting to just be quiet, and not talk, and drink a cup of tea, is welcome to join me.  :P

SippinTea

Amendment: I did not have to go put the kettle on. Jason did it for me. Err, MY Jason, not Taco. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

In bed with with respiratory crud and ear infection from where the injection from pain management punctured a pocket of infection. Still can't figure  out how he did that while working with live x-ray. I feel like my lungs are full of  water and walking  across the floor feels like the moving floor  in a fun house.

Lynx

Hmm... I was cleaning out some boxes and I found a pack of glue strips.  When did I ever buy glue strips?  Then I remembered some wall hangers... Taco are you missing some glue strips?

In other news, yesterday was a maaaahvelous day.  I tooled around Jackson in a leisurely fashion, stopped at Goodwill and got some used christian CDs I have no idea if I'll like, stopped at the Wal-Mart there and got six 8-packs of wilkinson sword (tm) three-blade razor blades (almost a year of shaving for about $40!) stopped at a sushi place I've never been to and got lunch... er, supper... lupper, stopped at Aldi and reloaded on chocolate.

The wasabi and ginger from lupper I saved.  This morning I made a sandwich with black forest ham, mayo, wasabi and ginger on whole wheat.  A very good way to start out my Sunday.  And on a related note, my sinuses are clear and open.  Strong stuff, that wasabi.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

We just had an Aldi open in JC and in Kingsport. I haven't been to either because they've been so crowded. Also with meal plan I have little to no use for groceries.

Our wedding invitations came yesterday after I had left my parents. We have decided to have a small ceremony. My uncle's church has finally given us the go ahead asking simply to clean up and make a donation. [both of which we said we would graciously due prior to this waiting period].

I'm up and doing homework. I'm having to readjust to church time being at 2 in the afternoon. I have made the decision to officially change churches. It was hard. I cried a lot. But there is no hope for me to really move on and grow going to church with my ex and his family. That church will also be a piece of home. My first apostolic church, where I was baptized in both water and the Holy Ghost, and Sis K will always be a momma to me. However after much prayer, thought, and council from trusted people [both in church and out and from both churches] it's time for me to start a new chapter. If you think of it, keep me in your prayers through this transition.  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

taco_harvell

I could be missing glue strips, but right now I can't remember. Nyquil haze on top of this headacche is an adventure.

We're getting an Aldi soon! I like them so much better than Sav-a-lot! Sav-a-lot here is always grungy and makes you feel like you need a shower after leaving. We don't go there much.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been raining here but has stopped now. Might go to wal mart later when it should be dead with folks watching that stupid ball game. ;)

Roscoe

Lou just called. I won't be going to church tonight. Chey is running a fever (low). Last time she was sick on church night, Lou stayed with her, so it's my turn. Hope she gets better before tomorrow, otherwise I don't know what we will do, or which of us will stay with home.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on February 01, 2015, 11:38:35 PM
Robbie may be looking for a used zero turn for me! :hyper:
Whatever you do, don't try to learn to use it near a hill or a ditch. I've nearly killed myself several times by going over the edge of the deep ditch at the church. :smirk:

taco_harvell

I spent another day in bed sick. This infection must go! Worked on some youth stuff. Almost to the point of frustration of handing it over to the parents who aren't backing the youth department.

Lynx

A zero turn for Chel? Well it figures she would mow the yard... She muscled me out of washing dishes in my own kitchen.                           stubborn little...

I rejoice with all who are getting Aldi in their vicinity.  But that name should never be mentioned in the same post as that other store taco was talking about. >.>  That other store is a low cost, low quality, low maintenance place.  Aldi is a low cost, good quality, clean store.  And Aldi has havarti cheese.  And Moser Roth chocolate. :D

Actually, talking about that-other-store, while I was visiting mom one time I went down there to get some colby cheese for something I was cooking.  That stuff didn't melt like real cheese... it melted into an almost chalky goop.  Before melting it tasted almost normal, but it wasn't real cheese. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell