GP, Bring old posters back to heaven, drag 'em back to Sharing 497

Started by Roscoe, December 14, 2014, 01:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

News flash- antique radios are really cool- but if you bump an old transformer, they will bite you. I just had my circa 1960's Drake receiver's power supply bite me. It was a shocking experience. :lol: My thumb, which touched it is still sore. But the old Drake is receiving better than ever..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

No.  But just do them like other root vegetables I think.

MelodyB

I got them in the oven, roasting with onions, mushrooms, red potatoes and Brussels sprouts. All fresh. Seasoning and a drizzle of olive oil.

That's what's for lunch tomorrow with some pork ribs that are also roasting right now in the oven. Smells amazing in here.

MelodyB

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:fork: Sounds good......
And in sharing- it's been cold and rainy here today. I've accomplished nothing worthwhile. Gotta go back to work tomorrow. Bah.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Good morning everyone!

In sharing...I need a cup of coffee.  I went to bed about 8:30 last night, slept till about 6:00 this morning.  I didnt sleep good though...I think I made a few mistakes.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on December 28, 2014, 02:46:20 PM
Good morning everyone!

In sharing...I need a cup of coffee.  I went to bed about 8:30 last night, slept till about 6:00 this morning.  I didnt sleep good though...I think I made a few mistakes.

:ugly:
I hate you. I went to bed around ten....couldn't go to sleep no matter what I tried. Finally dozed off around 2 am....had to get up at 4:45. Woke up at 4.  Yes, I am grumpy. Yes, I'd as soon shoot you as look at you. Anyone coming into the Capitol today should be warned. :mad:

Heather

Still at my parents. I had decided to go back to my dorm yesterday due to some financial issues. My dad of all people jumped in and told me to stay and he'd help me out. School doesn't start til the 20th. Mom of course is ready for me to leave. She's ready to have her house to herself again. If it were up to her no one would live here with her. But I'm a distraction for dad so he doesn't drive her as crazy and it is really lonely in the dorm so it'll be good to stay at least another week or so.

Chseeads

Ashlee

Been sleeping about 12 hours a day for the past few days.  Since I woke up at 4 pm I'm still wide awake at 3 am. lol  I'm enjoying my husband being off for Christmas break.  It's been nice to relax and enjoy the holidays.  Last year was kinda a rush. 

Lynx

No real news here.  The holidays passed in the usual way - multiple family get-togethers.  Wouldn't have it any other way.  :great: No real news is real good news. 

Ashlee:  Your last post reminded me of a quote - "I can get by on six hours of sleep, but ten feels so good that I usually sleep for fourteen."

Bobby:  If it worked that well for your Drake, could you come stick your thumb in a couple of laptop motherboards over here?   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on December 29, 2014, 12:32:46 PM

Bobby:  If it worked that well for your Drake, could you come stick your thumb in a couple of laptop motherboards over here?   :teeth:
:pound: :pound: No. That kinda bite hurts.  :P
Morning, all. I am, you guessed it, back at work. Gonna be a grand day, even if I gotta belt someone to make it happen. :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Back at work here, too.  Only for two days this week, then going to go visit my son and his family.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Ever have someone do something incredibly sweet, thoughtful and loving- but the end result leaves you wishing that they hated you or didn't know you?  Had that happen today....
As most here know, we've been remodeling our house little by little. Nothing major, just repainting, and so on.....Recently Lou's aunt came over and "helped" by helping Lou paint our bedroom. While the color was a shade or two off from what I would've chosen, it looked decent, and I appreciated the thought. I did NOT appreciate the sloppy brush marks on my ceiling though- they drove me nuts until I dug out white paint and repainted the ceiling spots.
Not being content to have driven me partially batty, she attacked the bathroom-kinda. She painted (badly) the trim and lower half of the wall, a color that looked good in the bedroom, but not in the bathroom. My bathroom, heretofore decent, was now scheduled for a repaint....oh, I wish it had stopped there. :sob:
Today I come home to find my bathroom assaulted again. The upper half of the wall was the victim now- well, it and any sense of style. She painted it Barney-freaggin' purple!!! It looks like Barney expired of a terminal attack of diarrhea in my bathroom.  :sob:
And to take the level of tackiness to a new level- she STAPLED purple plastic flowers around the mirror. :cry: Sadly, she thinks it looks awesome.
I am repainting this weekend. I can't handle this. I was too shocked to get angry over the fact that when purple was mentioned a couple months ago I firmly stated that I did NOT want that color in my bathroom. All I could do was laugh at the pure absurdness of it all. Barney Purple. Oh Lord. I don't think that even fits in Better Trailers and Parks magazine.....

Heather

Phantom gallbladder attack. Been in my jammies on my parents couch watching Bones and Castle the rest of the day.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on December 29, 2014, 11:08:47 PM
Ever have someone do something incredibly sweet, thoughtful and loving- but the end result leaves you wishing that they hated you or didn't know you?  Had that happen today....
As most here know, we've been remodeling our house little by little. Nothing major, just repainting, and so on.....Recently Lou's aunt came over and "helped" by helping Lou paint our bedroom. While the color was a shade or two off from what I would've chosen, it looked decent, and I appreciated the thought. I did NOT appreciate the sloppy brush marks on my ceiling though- they drove me nuts until I dug out white paint and repainted the ceiling spots.
Not being content to have driven me partially batty, she attacked the bathroom-kinda. She painted (badly) the trim and lower half of the wall, a color that looked good in the bedroom, but not in the bathroom. My bathroom, heretofore decent, was now scheduled for a repaint....oh, I wish it had stopped there. :sob:
Today I come home to find my bathroom assaulted again. The upper half of the wall was the victim now- well, it and any sense of style. She painted it Barney-freaggin' purple!!! It looks like Barney expired of a terminal attack of diarrhea in my bathroom.  :sob:
And to take the level of tackiness to a new level- she STAPLED purple plastic flowers around the mirror. :cry: Sadly, she thinks it looks awesome.
I am repainting this weekend. I can't handle this. I was too shocked to get angry over the fact that when purple was mentioned a couple months ago I firmly stated that I did NOT want that color in my bathroom. All I could do was laugh at the pure absurdness of it all. Barney Purple. Oh Lord. I don't think that even fits in Better Trailers and Parks magazine.....
:o