News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

65 mile an hour is not any windier than you are on a daily basis.

Lynx

So THAT'S where all this heavy weather came from!  We about got flooded out here this afternoon.  Tornado was spotted about five miles out of town.  Town tornado siren kept going off here and there over about an hour and a quarter. 

TAKE THIS WEATHER BACK BOBBY!  We don't want it!   :noo:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on October 13, 2014, 03:56:17 PM
65 mile an hour is not any windier than you are on a daily basis.
:pound:

And no, I shall not take that horrible weather back. Although it didn't damage anything that I could see here. And totally off the subject- after having major front end work done on a Lincoln, having it aligned is a must. Thing drove like a pig on ice coming home. It's got all new parts, though, so after a $50 front end alignment, it should be good for another 100k miles or so.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Why is it when you're physically and mentally exhausted that's when you can't sleep?
Today was wretched. Broke up with a friend today. Breaking friendships that are not good just stinks.
Young adult prayer was definitely what I needed after today. But now I've a wicked headache.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

Just now getting to post this...

It's late Monday night...almost midnight. I've been to sleep some, but now I'm awake cause MawMaw accidentally made some coffee and I smelled it and had to get up for a cup...

The pot was left on this evening when her aunts were here for a visit, and she went to prepare the pot for tomorrow morning, and when she poured the water in and replaced the pot, it went ahead and made a pot that was meant for tomorrow...so we drank it tonight...can't let it go to waste. So now I'm up.

Don't have WiFi here at MawMaws, so I'm writing this in hopes to get by the window after it's done and pick up the small signal I get from my friends house, two doors down. Might not have any luck tonight though, as it has been storming and we are under tornado warnings.

Anywho...my sharing is that Dad is fine. Well, fine for how he usually is. We are upset a bit cause he refused to go to rehab cause the rehab he usually goes to after surgeries and whatnot is full and so he would have had to go to a different one, one that is also a nursing home and he just refuses to go cause of that. So now, he is at home, and mom has to take care of him and she really isn't able to. But he SAYS he isn't in any need of anyone's care, he will do it himself.

So instead of doing whatever he needs to do, he has been laying in the bed for the last four days since he's been home.

I CANNOT and WILL NOT go over there and do anything for him. I was almost convinced that the reason things worked out for me to come home when I did was cause he was either gonna die and I needed to take care of Mom, or that he would need more care after this episode and I would have to help him some. I was willing to do either. But not now.

Since his near death experience, we were sure he would have a different outlook on life. No such luck. After he basically died three times, and was near death several other times, he came out of it in his right mind and meaner than ever. He wanted me to help him this past Wednesday, his check hit the bank and he needed the bills paid.

No problem. I had gone around with him countless times before so I knew what was what. I did that Wednesday, only to get back to the hospital, receipts in hand and a list of every penny I had spent, and somehow someway he was convinced that I had "jipped him" out of money. He refused to look at the receipts, he refused to add up the money. He refused to do anything but yell and accuse me of jipping him. His words. I told him if he was so convinced, SHOW ME what he was talking about! No money was missing, what did he mean? Look at the totals, look at the figures, EVERY CENT was accounted for. But he wouldn't even look and see. He just was sure I took him for some money. :eyeroll:

I'm DONE.

And I told him so. If he thinks I would rob him, but there isn't any money missing, and he wants my help but treats me this way, I'm DONE. No more. If the bills go unpaid, not my problem. I won't be accused of stuff when all I've done is try to help and be a good daughter. I did this to give him another chance and he blew it. He blew it WIDE OPEN. And I'm not messing with it anymore.

I feel for my Mother. I know I have had issues with her, but in all her selfishness and addictions, she hasn't ever treated me as bad as he has. And now, in her disabled state, she is a lot more kind and grateful for any help she gets. She never makes me feel like he does or accuses me of things. She does act like she genuinely loves me, in her own way, and I haven't felt that from dad in years, even after all I've done for him in his illnesses.

*SIGH*

Idk what to do.

And I guess I don't have much else to say.

I'm doing fine. I have been home a month now and seriously, in some ways I feel like I never left. Church is awesome. Our new Pastor is great! There is still a huge void that is present when I'm alone at church...like I can feel that Bro Ramsey is gone. But during church when it's hoppin and Jesus is moving, it's almost like I can expect Bro Ramsey to walk up on the platform at any time. It's crazy how I feel him there sometimes and other times I feel his absence. Greatly in both cases.

Work is good except I don't think I will be getting a full time position like I need at Winn Dixie, every time is try to talk to the manager, he puts me off for another time, so I'm beginning to think he doesn't want me for that position.

I'm going to try applying at the Hospital in Pascagoula where I used to work. They hire FT. And the grocery deli in Goula also hires FT. And that's where I want to be anyway. Living here in Ocean Springs is too far...except...

....my babies who I missed dearly, Olivia and Kira...I am two doors down from their house and I see them nearly every day. Tomorrow I am keeping Kira all day and picking up Liv from school in the afternoon. They are literally the highlight of my life.

And I guess that's all. Any questions?

Oh...and I bring home day old donuts and out of date cheese nearly every day...I think of y'all. ;)
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on October 14, 2014, 04:27:13 PM

Oh...and I bring home day old donuts and out of date cheese nearly every day...I think of y'all. ;)

Cus Roscoe likes donuts and he's out of date (aka old)? :hypocrite:

We miss you Melbs! :hug:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Did someone say cheese? You bring home cheese every day?  :D :D

I'd be sneezing every day (mild milk allergy,) but I would eat it every day anyway. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Of course you think of us with Cheese and Donuts. :hypocrite: And Jenn, I may be out of date..but that don't necessarily mean old. :pound:

And in sharing today- I am grateful for God's protecting hand- and a tad miffed at my neighbor on the west side of my house. I've been all kinds of good hubby today- came home and got dinner on for us, then decided to mow the front lawn quickly. Lou had said the neighbor was cutting on a tree on the property line, and the chainsaw noise was obvious, but it appeared that he was simply trimming the lower branches of a 35' tall Cedar tree on the property line, so I continued mowing. Suddenly, just as I am approaching the side of the lawn nearest the tree, I look up to find the tree falling straight AT ME!  :o I got stopped just in time. Had I not been paying attention or had I been 3 seconds faster, I'd have been worm food. Or at least had a major headache.
He came around like it was no big deal that he'd nearly creamed me with nary a yelled warning. Nearly got my power line too- if the tree had been 5 foot taller, that would've been ripped down. :mad: " Ha, ha, that was a mess. I thought it'd fall the other way. Ha,ha." Moron. Now I have a large Cedar blocking my shop drive and side yard. And I have no working chainsaw, so I'm at the mercy of Senor Moron as to when it will be moved. And his other projects appear to declare that he is a member of Procrastinators Annonymus- or would be if he hadn't put off going to their meetings. :pound:
In true Cheese-like fashion, all I can say is- Moron.  :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Dad had laid down on the bed with his feet up this morning, coughed and said something popped in his side and he was in pain....thinking maybe a rib broke or something.....  He had been complaining of some pain in the side area lately and scaring us all...  Now, still don't know if that was directly related to this, or not...I hope so...rather than some other bad internal thing or what have you...  But anyhow, ended up going in the chiropractor this evening when he could get in, and his rib is indeed broke.

I did poop route today, that's about it.  Took a catnap when I got back before taking him to the chiro. 

Eating a salad. 

Lands.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Bobby you might hitch your truck to the tree with a logging chain and tow it right across his driveway. I bet then he would magically find the time to get it taken care of.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

The tree is still down- but that is the least of my worries now. I am so thankful for God's hand of protection today. I received a call around noon today from a brother you might remember from his brief time here on GP- "Snoop". He informed me that while he knew I couldn't talk, he just wanted to let me know that he'd been burdened to pray for me today and had been doing so all day. I thanked him, but really didn't know why- until approximately 3 pm.
We got off of work at around 2:45 and got into my friend and carpool partners '95 Buick LeSabre, which we call the Granny Car. We were cruising down the interstate talking when a car jets onto the interstate from an on ramp, nearly cutting us off. My partner swerved- apparently into the opposite lane. A loaded Semi truck hit us on the left rear at between 50 and 60 mph. The impact spun the car around, where the semi hit us again, slamming into the driver's side. The whole car went up on the passenger side wheels, and was well on the way to rolling over. All I could do was repeat  "Jesus,Jesus" over and over. My partner steered into the skid and God kept the car from rolling. We came to a stop facing the opposite way and discovered that during the wild ride, we had also struck another vehicle and didn't even know it.
All of us walked away from the accident with no major injuries. My left shoulder and neck hurt, and I'm sure I have whiplash. My partner has an imprint of the brake pedal on his foot and may have a broken or badly sprained ankle. The old beat up car had the right front tire changed and was able to drive home, with every panel beat up, which amazed me.
Truthfully, it was a miracle. I've worked every kind of accident known to man as a police officer, and I cannot see a way that that combination of events would not have ended in a roll over and a fatality.
I tell you, between the tree yesterday and the semi today, I'm scared to get out of bed tomorrow. Of course, I guess if tomorrow is the end, I'll probably have a plane crash into the house. :smirk2:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Newsman

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Thanks all. And this morning, I have made a major scientific discovery. I have found new places on the human body hitherto unknown. I found them because they are all aching. :lol: And being a weenie, I awoke and realized that 1) they had 5 other officers schedule other than my friend and I, 2) he was calling in and 3) I have 2 months sick time built up that I never use so I called in and am becoming well acquanted with the heating pad.

MsJennJenn

Good grief Roscoe!! I had something similar like that happen. I had left work one day, and had a voice mail from a friend saying she didn't know why but felt to pray for me, and then I proceeded to have a wreck soon thereafter. I think that's when I totaled my blue nissian. I was okay though - sans the air bag burn on my arms.

Here at work. Super super tired.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Where'd everyone go to? It's been too quiet around here. :sadbounce:
I managed to make myself motivate today and go to town, then came home and drug off part of a tree that had fallen in last weeks storm. My moron of a neighbor managed to get the fallen cedar tree moved sometime after I left the house around noon and before I got back at 2pm, I was pleased to see. Shoulder is still sore, but not throbbing like it was...