News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Wish I were closer, Seth, just so I could drop by and pay my respects to a saint that was faithful that long. Will be praying for you and the family at any rate.
I, too, love that song. But at any going away celebration for me- and trust me, for some of the folks that know me, it will be a celebration, maybe a party that I'm gone- it will be required for them to play the incomparable Kenny Hinson and "Call Me Gone". That, and "Address Change Notification", and "He's having the Time of my Life" and a good version of my old favorite, Amazing Grace".
I have actually thought of writing out the sermon and obituary for my own funeral, minus the dates of course, and maybe even preach it myself on video. Then I can have in my will that it must be done just as I specified. That way I can preach to all those sinners that I've wanted to for years, but who I was afraid of offending for one reason or another. :lol: This is an idea that Kim is majorly opposed to, by the way.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

I like that idea!! Lol

And in old people/sickness news...

Dad is back to shortness of breath and can't get in a position to even breathe unless he is flat on his back and Mom said even then it is very labored. But he won't let her take him to the hospital or call the ambulance. She said it's pretty bad, but he won't go cause he is afraid they will intabate him again, and he doesn't want that. So we don't know what is gonna happen now. He's in bad shape.

Meanwhile, MawMaw is better and she called Mom to check on stuff too, and mom told her, (but never told me, mind you) that Dad went to Dialysis and fell out of the truck and hurt his only leg he has. :frustrated: so now he's injured too, but mom didn't feel the need to tell us. And again, he won't go to the dr or ER.

Just being real, but we also may be having a funeral soon. :smirk2:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Many are the afflictions of the righteous. 

And the unrighteous.

And everybody in between.

So it seems....everybody every where is ailing in some form or another.

Went and cleaned at church....still need to do the bathrooms, but got everything else went over to the extent I was going to.  It looks better. 

If I have anybody around that even cares to participate in putting me away, should I go to the grave some day, a good peppy church service would suit me as a funeral.....  But I don't know if anybody would even come to one for me. lol

Anyhoo.

MelodyB

So, I come home last night and MawMaw had called mom, and Mom told her that yesterday she wrecked the truck. Rammed into the back of someone. Claimed the road was wet and the brakes failed. SMH.

Thing is, I called Mom last night on the way home from work and she of course mentioned nothing of this. Why does she feel she has to keep all these things from me?

Anyhow...I'm headed for the shower and work this morning. Got morning shift today! Yay! Only downside is, I had night shift last night and I'm tired.

Tootles!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I stayed at the hospital until around midnight last night. As soon as Brandon's mom found out I was staying she decided to stay too.  :roll: So I went to stay at my parents and came back this morning. Mike's potassium dropped so low they were worried his heart would stop. He's on a few different IV's and they are trying to raise and stabilize his levels.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

I made it through my Friday. Went to Walmart to get some candy for the church's HarvestFest tomorrow night, and found a gallon of mis-mixed paint on sale. It was a light tan color, pretty much what I wanted for the ham shack, so I bought it. I've got 2 and a half of the walls painted, it already look tons better than that putrid mint green.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I'm going to kill the screaming girls across the hall. I have GOT to get out of this dorm. Granted the jail may be quieter so I could actually get some sleep......

Roscoe

Much work done today... Got the rest of the ham shack painted, another workbench built and stained, and my two large maps hung back on the walls and pseudo-framed with stained 1x2s. Looks decent....but tomorrow I have to polyurethane the new bench, build a cabinet, mount a heater on the wall, and get the mess all straightened back up. But- when I'm done, I'll have the ham shack just like I want it, and it should be for good. :thumbs:

Went to a harvestfest type get-together at a good friends house, then came back home. It is bordering on downright cold out...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on November 01, 2014, 03:49:06 AM
I'm going to kill the screaming girls across the hall. I have GOT to get out of this dorm. Granted the jail may be quieter so I could actually get some sleep......

It's Halloween. I'd think the jail would be full of crazies. Lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

I spent the majority of the day running between the shop, ham shack and the house. Measuring, cutting, test fitting, staining, and installing, with a side of checking on the kiddoes and running the neighborhood kids off. Nephew Miles is here today...he's called me Daddy all day. I wish it were true...poor little tyke. All I can do is be his daddy when he visits us.  He's also became a Dukes of Hazzard fan, and loves Rusty...He's gonna be okay.

Heather

Answers so far from the hospital has been an ulcer and a tumor in his stomach. Biopsy was done and we'll hopefully soon have results. Poor Brandon is pretty much just camped at the hospital and hardly no one else will go sit with Mike. We try to keep someone out that due to his speech issue. The wicked witch sat with him last night for a few hours so Brandon could go to the Harvest Party at church with me. Heading out there now since I've finally gotten off work then to my parents to sleep since they live less than 1.5 miles from the church.

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Grandma's viewing Friday night.  Things went well.  It was a cold blustery day Friday.  Snowed and sleeted that evening.  Ack.  Funeral then Saturday.....  The church was packed.  And a huge procession to the graveyard. 

I hate that she's gone.  :(

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on November 03, 2014, 02:27:43 AM
* Chseeads kicks everyone in the shin

* Roscoe draws his concealed weapon and shoots Cheesehead.
Hey, I'm trained to go a notch above the aggression directed at me. :hypocrite:

Morning, all. Back at work. Bah.

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads  on November 03, 2014, 03:24:30 PM
That's a requirement for membership here.
Apparently that's a requirement  to interact with me in any form. :smirk2: