Lynx hits some licks in his music mix, just to get his kicks, in SHARING 496

Started by Lynx, October 03, 2014, 11:47:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

I'm tired. Over fall break we went to North Myrtle for vacation with my family. More precisely my mom since my dad and sister didn't come to town until the night before we had to leave. Drove home yesterday, drove to church last night, drove all day in the rain at work, took a 3 hour nap, drove to fall conference and back tonight. It was one of those nights where I had 50 other things to do but I just kinda dropped everything and went anyway. Now I know why I did. Bro Toney had a message for me.

Work tomorrow then back for the second nigh of conference tomorrow. I had to drop my probability and statistics course so it opened me up to work more. Also if anyone thinks of it, please be praying for me concerning my major at school. It was dropped in my head while on vacation that I may need to look into doing something else career wise.

I'm glad everyone is ok though despite crazy parents, storms, and the woe-full life of Roscoe.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on October 17, 2014, 03:33:35 AM
Bro Toney had a message for me.

Also if anyone thinks of it, please be praying for me concerning my major at school. It was dropped in my head while on vacation that I may need to look into doing something else career wise.

As in Jimmy Toney? And what is your major now?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MelodyB

I'm alive.

I'm going Monday to look for new jobs. I HAVE to have a FT if I'm ever gonna get on my own.

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Unlike  mel, my computer  is dead. Apparently  wasn't plugged  in  last night, and when  the  battery  died so did it. It won't  boot now unless  in safe mode and I've tried  everything  to reset  it....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Did poop this morning.  Then was running errands and mom called that they had took granny to the hospital.  So went there till this evening, finished errands then finally, and came home. 

Yesterday she was out of her head all day, had been having more mild issues of that the last few days, but yesterday was bad.  And then hadn't hardly ate or drank since yesterday sometime. 

All of her tests and stuff they ran were basically good and normal looking.  Her heart was in afib off and on was about the only oddball thing.  Her temp had been 101 when they took her in, but my cousin checked it later on there in the ER still and it was 98.  So they brought her back home, didn't do anything.  She was tired and weak acting, but was in her right mind.  Acted better by the end of the ordeal than at the beginning I think. 

That ER was a madhouse....they were constantly bringing people in on the ambulance, and then by the end of the evening the waiting room was full of people sitting out there too. 

I probably have diptheria, ebola, and who knows what from being in there....I hate being inside a hospital. 

And something is wrong with me, I couldn't, and can't for absolute sure yet, tell if it was maybe a stomach thing with reflux or if it's my ribs or what....  Hurts from the middle of my back to the top of my head.....when I burp....I feel air pressure stabbing in me.  But it also hurts if I move, if I breathe....etc.  Just varying. 

Roscoe

Man, I hate hospitals too.  Hope ya get to feeling better. Computer still won't start. At least I should be able to get most of my stuff off of it through Safe Mode. But Lord, I can't afford to buy another right now. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It's a beautiful day here. Just got back from checking out some yard sales.

Chseeads

Grandma acted worse, mind wise, as soon as she got back home last night. 

I don't know how she's beeing doing through the day today.

All these poor old folks.  Mercy sakes. 

Chseeads

I still can't decide what is wrong with me, if it's internal or external.  It goes back and forth betwixt the two.

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on October 18, 2014, 08:34:11 PM
I still can't decide what is wrong with me, if it's internal or external.  It goes back and forth betwixt the two.
It's mental. And if you want a second opinion, here it is- it's mental. You may send my fee via paypal or by mail.  :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Been over and grandma's.  She's really just had a couple sips of water today.  Nibbled at a piece of cheese but didn't actually eat it I don't guess.  Out of her head a lot.  If she doesn't change on wanting to eat and drink she won't be able to last very long.  I'd like her to live another 50 years, but at 99, that's not going to happen here on this earth.  *sigh*

Lynx

Computer problem?

*Lynx perks up.

Bobby did you try that Linux disk I left you?  It can be used as an emergency backup. You don't have to install it to use it y'know, the whole show can run from the disk.

Also, with most computers these days the whole Windows system can be reinstalled to factory-fresh by a backup that is already on your computer.  All you have to do is hit a few buttons to get it reinstalled.  Or call a nerd to tell you what buttons to hit...  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 19, 2014, 12:20:41 PM
Computer problem?

*Lynx perks up.

Bobby did you try that Linux disk I left you?  It can be used as an emergency backup. You don't have to install it to use it y'know, the whole show can run from the disk.

Also, with most computers these days the whole Windows system can be reinstalled to factory-fresh by a backup that is already on your computer.  All you have to do is hit a few buttons to get it reinstalled.  Or call a nerd to tell you what buttons to hit...  :cool:
I "think" I've managed to blunder around and find the backup buttons...but it no workey.  :sadbounce: I'll try to give you a ring when I have it handy, but from what I read and saw online, I'd suspect the hard drive has said adios....

sunlight

Robbie said that if it will open in safe mode... It's not the hard drive- but more likely malware.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on October 19, 2014, 02:25:46 PM
Robbie said that if it will open in safe mode... It's not the hard drive- but more likely malware.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  If it will boot, the hard drive is probably not dying.  If I were a betting man I'd bet my next paycheck it's a software problem, not a hardware one.

Of course if it IS the hard drive... there's always Linux-on-a-stick.  Stick a bootable flash drive in the computer and keep on running.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 19, 2014, 04:15:20 PM
Quote from: sunlight on October 19, 2014, 02:25:46 PM
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.  If it will boot, the hard drive is probably not dying.  If I were a betting man I'd bet my next paycheck it's a software problem, not a hardware one.

Of course if it IS the hard drive... there's always Linux-on-a-stick.  Stick a bootable flash drive in the computer and keep on running.
Okay... I shall have to see if I can find the Linux disc that Isaac sent me or a windows disc...

Chseeads

Home from church and such.  Eating a salad.

Here at the homestead, aka same as nursing home.  Mom said dad had an awful coughing spell earlier.  Hope that's out of his system for now.  Her and my sister are going to granny's for a little bit since I'm back home. 

*sigh*

Poor poor people.  Lord help us Jesus.

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 17, 2014, 01:38:05 PM
Quote from: HeatherB on October 17, 2014, 03:33:35 AM
Bro Toney had a message for me.

Also if anyone thinks of it, please be praying for me concerning my major at school. It was dropped in my head while on vacation that I may need to look into doing something else career wise.

As in Jimmy Toney? And what is your major now?

That would be the one! He was awesome! I had no clue who he was but one of my friends informed me he climbed a giant cross at NAYC a couple years ago.

I'm currently a Sociology major with an Anthropology minor. Keeping Sociology, but considering a different department to double major with.

I got super stressed the last few days about school, finances, my job, etc. Then sure enough if Bro Ketron didn't preach this morning about getting to the other side through the storm. Smacked me right in the head. Sheesh.

Now to do some homework and go do laundry.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I brought home some goat cheese and don't know what do do with it. Never used it or even tasted it before. Lol

It was free..

Roscoe

:hi: Back at work. Drove Rusty via back roads, cause I don't have to rush home this evening. Makes for a less stressful day, and Lord knows I need that.

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I'm headed out to talk to some people about giving me a full time job. I NEED ONE.