News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Teen killed by lighting, brought back from the dead!

Started by Dew-Ax-238, July 20, 2012, 06:49:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dew-Ax-238

I know that is long, BUT you have to read it!  This happened at the ALJC campground in Parkersburg West Va.. It so happens to be my Pastor's brother church were this took place. His Great Nephew Caleb Tisdale is the one who is proforming CPR.   

PARKERSBURG — A local teen recovering from a lighting strike asked his dad to pray with him on Thursday and later asked for a hamburger, his father said.

Zachary Sandy, 18, a 2012 Robert C. Byrd High graduate, was struck by lightning Wednesday during a softball game at a Parkersburg church camp. He and two others were knocked to the ground by the bolt.

Sandy texted his father at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday shortly before a bolt of lightning struck the teen, according to Russell Sandy of Stonewood.

The bolt singed his hair and left holes in his Nike tennis shoes where it exited, his father said.

"There is evidence that it passed all the way through his body," Russell Sandy said. Zachary's singed shirt "smells like he's been in a furnace."

Sandy was "on his back and stiff as a board," said Caleb Tisdale, who was pitching and knocked to his knees by the strike. "He wasn't breathing."

A man in right field also was knocked to the ground when it hit, according to Tisdale.

Tisdale administered CPR on Sandy, who was playing left field, about 10 to 15 minutes until EMS arrived. The teen was still without a pulse after CPR, he said.

"I believe he started it immediately," Russell Sandy said of Tisdale, agreeing with the report of 10 to 15 minutes of CPR.

Sandy was flown to West Penn Burn Center about 9 p.m. from Ruby Memorial Hospital, following transport from Parkersburg's Camden Clark Medical Center, according to Russell Sandy.

The teen was taken off a ventilator around 2:30 p.m. Thursday, and was groggy and sleepy.

"The first thing he said was 'Dad, we need to pray.' So, we did," Russell Sandy said.

Zachary Sandy was soon joking with his brother, and also wanted a hamburger, according to his father.

"Absolutely overwhelming support" through prayers and encouragement have come from across the nation, he said. "I couldn't tell you who half the people are, but if they can pray ... "

Zachary received a partial scholarship to Alderson-Broaddus College, where he planned to play football this fall.

He also planned to be a preacher, Russell Sandy said.

Zachary Sandy is a very polite, hard-working, "no-nonsense kind of player and student," said his four-year RCB baseball coach Brad Nutter.

"A very Christian person," Nutter said. "That pretty much sums it up. He's a rare breed at that age."

Russell Sandy said officials said anywhere from 20,000 to 40,000 volts of electricity passed through his son's body.

"(Zachary) took it direct," he said, later adding that he is amazed his son is doing so well.

The storm came kind of out of the blue, said Mary Beth Jeffers, administrative assistant for Wood County 911.

"It just started with a big crack of lightning," said Jeffers, who was working the 911 center next door to Parkersburg Christian School where Sandy was struck.

Tisdale also said the storm came as a surprise despite weather reports of sunshine.
Isaiah 43:2    
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Dew-Ax-238

Go to my facebook wall and you can see a video of  the testemony
, It is powerful!
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee: and through the rivers, when thou walkest through the shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shall not be burned: neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Dew-Ax-238

well, what do you all think? Can I get a Praise the Lord?

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

rootbeer

The name of the Lord is a strong tower.