News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

How do YOU determine what is right or wrong?

Started by Scott, February 12, 2012, 10:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

There are thing not explicitly covered in the bible, but we acknowledge as being sinful.

Things such as Smoking Cigarettes, Cigars or Pot; doing lines of coke, shooting Heroin or any number of similar things are not covered in the bible.

Do you take someone's word for it? Do you study it and try to relate it to the word of God?

This is not a trick question..just trying to spur conversation....
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

You don't have to legislate against sticking your hand in front of a raving dog to know it is stupid.  Things that are demonstrably harmful to oneself should not be done because A it defiles the temple of God which one is and B it decreases your future health and ability to do what you could have done.

Of course science sometimes lags a bit.  Back when doctors were prescribing cigars, christians were saying it was wrong.  Sometimes God tells His people what's what long before we have hard evidence. 

How do I know what is wrong?  Many ways, but God's advice is always solid in the absence of any other indicator.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

if it'll destroy my innerds or outerds i generally say no  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali