News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Quotes for today 2

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 07, 2011, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

"The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be."
- Anne Frank
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

<jamesd> "... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."
* kop_ (~2@sdn-ap-019watacoP0124.dialsprint.net) has joined #solaris
<sheenmaster> jamesd: being an OpenServer or UNIXWare user is like living in a house that hasn't been touched by a carpenter or inspected by an architect in years.  Every morning when you wake up, the neighbor's house is a little better.  You are just thankful that the floor hasn't fallen out from beneath your bed, cause you know it'll be half a decade before its fixed.
* RainbowW has quit (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
<sheenmaster> jamesd: being a Windows user is like living is a cheap vegas hotel.  Every morning, you wake up with new bug bites.  The floor beneath your bed is likely to fall through at any time, but at least you can burn the hotel down and rebuild it or move to another room.
<jamesd> "Memory is like gasoline. You use it up when you are running. Of course you get it all back when you reboot..."
<jamesd>  -- Actual explanation obtained from the Micro$oft help desk.
<sheenmaster> haha
<sheenmaster> Curse you Microsoft for coming up with better jokes than we do!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

iridiscente

"It is not beauty that endears, it's love that makes us see beauty."
Leo Tolstoy (1828-1910); Russian author

Lynx

Rearrange the letters in SLOT MACHINES and you get CASH LOST IN ME.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

"Sometimes you're delayed where you are because God know's there's a storm where you're headed."

taco_harvell

When your idea of "truth" becomes so exclusive that only you can understand it and everyone else is wrong you are in a dangerous place.-Me
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

"Tell me and I will forget. Show me and I may remember. Involve me and I will understand."

As a children's church teacher, I can testify this is true.  My most effective tool is, "Let's see... I need a volunteer." ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Calvin:
Some people are pragmatists, taking things as they come and making the best of the choices available. Some people are idealists, standing for principle and refusing to compromise. And some people just act on any whim that enters their heads.

Hobbes:
I wonder which you are.

Calvin:
I pragmatically turn my whims into principles!
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

I think that I shall never see
A better cheese than that called Brie
My brother goes for Danish blue
My boss is nuts for Port du Salut
Some folks in town all declare
The tops in cheese is Camembert
To each his own, but as for me,
I cast my vote for creamy Brie
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Wise men speak because they have something to say.  Fools speak because they have to say something."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell."
- C.S. Lewis
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

"Remember you are not managing an inconvenience, you are raising a human being" ... Kittie Frantz

Heather

You don't fall in love, you fall into mutual weirdness.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

"A great many of those who 'debunk' traditional values have in the background values of their own which they believe to be immune from the debunking process."
- C.S. Lewis
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

QuoteThe drying process is one of uncertainty. Your world has been spinning out of control when you suddenly come to a halt. Nothing is happening. You sit...and sit. You may even wonder if you've ended up in the Potter's field after all. "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from my cries of anguish? My God, I cry out by day, but you do not answer, by night, but I find no rest." (Psalm 22:1-2) As lonely as you may feel, God hasn't forgotten about you. Just wait...
David Johnson

Heather

'It's better to * Wash my mouth out with soap * it up now than to have to * Wash my mouth out with soap * it in later.'
-quote from the YWCA board

Heather

so did someone edit me or does it do it automatically?

Melody

MelodyB

Around here, when you wanna use the term "su.ck" in a non offensive way, you can say "vacuums".
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

What if we were talking about those build-your-own crazy straws?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's not what you do for your children, but what you have taught them to do for themselves that will make them successful human beings. - Ann Landers (this was attributed to Ann Landers, but I didn't fact check because I like the quote no matter who said it)

Heather

ah i see. then it's better to get your hind end in gear today than to have a tight fitting waist band later. is that more PG for ya GP?  :cool:

Lynx

Dear Editor:  I object to your newspaper referring to the government as "spending money like a drunk sailor on shore leave."  I am a retired veteran who served in the Navy on the USS Delaware and I can tell you that WE stopped when we ran out of money.

I forget who said it, but he was a retired vet.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"It is impossible to love your neighbor as yourself until you realize - not just in your head, but in your heart - that you are not any better than he is."  - Unknown
"Do you sing at church?"