News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Quotes for today 2

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, February 07, 2011, 07:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tricia Lea

"My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M&M's and a chocolate cake. I feel better already."
Dave Barry

sunlight

...for freedom is useless if it is not used. - Ike.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Tricia Lea

"The only thing we have to fear on the planet is man"
Carl Gustav Jung

Lynx

"Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real."
- Iris Murdoch
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

RainbowJingles

Quote from: taco_harvell on July 11, 2011, 03:55:34 AM
The deeper sorrow carves into your being the more joy you can contain.

Kahlil Gibran

Yeah.  That.

taco_harvell

Life is too short
Life is too short to fight over the small stuff
Life is too short to be stressed
Life is too short to not pursue every dream you have
Life is too short to not love with everything you've got
Life is too short to not cherish every friendship
Life is too short to waste time hating your enemies
Life is too short to play it safe
Life is too short to not know your Maker
Life is too short to let it cost you your soul
Life is too short

Trenton Johnson

Ruby, you have a very smart family!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic about."
Charles Kingsley
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

"To make use of a lawyer I ne'er was inclined
They are sharks of humanity, they prey on mankind
To avoid this foul breed, my own will I now draw
May I ever escape coming under their claw."

- Unknown author, but I'd like to have known him.   :great:
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

"To know what people really think, pay regard to what they do, rather than what they say."
Rene Descartes

Tricia Lea

"When you have to make a choice and don't make it, that is in itself a choice."
William James

Lynx

Life is like a doughnut.  You're either in the dough or in the hole.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Anyone who starts a sentence with 'With all due respect...' is about to insult you."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"I find the great thing in this world is not so much where we stand, as in what direction we are moving. To reach the port of heaven, we must sail sometimes with the wind and sometimes against it, but we must sail and not drift, nor lie at anchor."
- Oliver Wendell Holmes
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

"We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life, when all that we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about."- Charles Kingsley

Tricia Lea

"You are what you do. It's about actions."
Bill Maher

Tricia Lea

"Your purpose in life is to use your gifts and talents to help other people. Your journey in life teaches you how to do that."

Tom Krause

Lynx

Calvin:     Sometimes when I'm talking, my words can't keep up with my thoughts. I wonder why we think faster than we speak.
Hobbes:   Probably so we can think twice.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Google before you tweet is the new think before you speak."

Which unfortunately ties right in with this...  http://xkcd.com/903/
Which explains why internet access is so important these days.  I wonder what I know without a computer?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Some people are motivated by carrots, others by sticks, but nobody is motivated by carrot sticks."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"People will not remember everything you say, they will not remember everything you do - but they will always remember how you made them feel."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

A quote very near and dear to my own heart:

"It's getting colder...
BUGS ARE DYING BY THE TRUCK LOAD!  BWHAHAHA!  GOOD RIDDANCE TO THEM ALL!
I like fall."  :)

-  Calvin and Hobbes
"Do you sing at church?"

iridiscente

"Truthful lips endure forever, but a lying tongue lasts only a moment. The LORD detests lying lips but He delights in them that are truthful."

Mom: God delights in you. :D I woke up thinking that this morning...

Melody

"madder than an albino hitch hiking in a snow storm."
-Larry the cable guy

Lynx

"So I was watching a halloween marathon, some kind of kitschy thing where they dress up in costume to run a marathon.  I noticed one runner was dressed as a chicken and another runner was dressed as an egg.  Hmm, this could be interesting..."
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"Politicians are people who, when they see the light at the end of the tunnel, order more tunnel."
- John Quintan
"Do you sing at church?"