News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Strangest Christmas Experience or present!

Started by Scott, December 12, 2009, 01:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Tell us about the strangest Christmas or even the Strangest gift.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

My oddest gift(s)

One year My mom, grandmother and aunt all sent me cologne or after shave; then my mother in law, sister in law (both of them at the time), 2 brothers in law and my wife's grandmother all gave me cologne or after shave. I didn't need to buy aftershave until some time around September of that year.

Strangest Experience:

One year I got a call from the Police; there was a possible break in at my office and I was the 2nd person on the call list. The First person was unavailable - I found out why.

It seems that my boss and his wife got in to a fight, she was bi polar and attacked him with a bed knob until he was bloody - she smeared his blood on her and called the police. He left and hid at the office. I spent Christmas Eve at the office acting as a go between and negotiating the terms of his surrender then arranging for his bail. 

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Wow, seems I miss all the fun... the only thing I can put up against that is the year I got 6 ties from 6 different people.  I told Grandma one more tie and I'm going to leave town.

One Thanksgiving though... Grandma was cooking Thanksgiving dinner and wanted me to run to the supermarket for one thing she lacked.  When I got home she said go back for something else.  When I got home from that she said oh yeah, she needs one more thing... I think it was eight times I went back for just one thing.  The cashier thought it was funny...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: