News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Top Posters 3

Started by Tricia Lea, November 20, 2008, 06:15:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

I think the reason it is so hard these days it that there are not that many topics up and running on any given day. 5 years ago it was not uncommon to have 20 to 30 + topics running at any given time.  Any well into 20 plus pages.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

I could start a few... but I don't think anyone would be interested in "Linux Mint or Ubuntu?" or "Which processor overclocks best."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

I wish I'd found computers, the twenty-first century, and this place back when it was hoppin'... but sadly,apart from Computer Aided Drafting Class in highschool in the '90s, I had no dealings with computers until I had to for police work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

I remember those days. I couldn't log on for a few hours and would find myself completely lost. I'd have to pray back thru....... :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

I've only been here 4 1/2 years but when I first started there was a lot more posting going on.  Seems like lots of folks got busy with other things.

Chseeads

I think FB and other social networking cuts into forums' activity.  Particularly for a more "social-based" forum like GP.  I think a lot of people keep more of their online social interaction to FB, Twitter, and such anymore.

Forums that are of a more specific topic/community, whatever you want to call it, kind of keep their own niche....  Such as backyardchickens.com, I'm on there, but really haven't used it much for a while.  But it's very popular.  It lends itself to be a gathering place around one specific issue, e.g. poultry raising.....  Other stuff like cars, sports, yadda yadda kind of hold their niche more strongly than places like GP that are more just social interaction in general.  Even though GP is particularly Christian/Pentecostal based, people still socialize with each other more a lot through the other current social media in that regard.... 

There's some preacher's forums that have morphed from just a freestanding forum over to a FB group where more of their general activity takes place anymore. 

Changing times!  :reaction:

Heather

I've noticed in the past couple weeks that I'll go on and see what others are posting on FB but have been shying away from posting as much. I think alot of that has to be because my family stalks me on there  :roll:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on December 01, 2012, 12:08:11 AM

There's some preacher's forums that have morphed from just a freestanding forum over to a FB group where more of their general activity takes place anymore. 

Changing times!  :reaction:
Is the preacher's forums even still active on stand alone v-bulletin? All I ever see is the fb version where all the wrangling takes place...lol. I haven't checked the old style forums in months.

And all else you posted is true...Thing I liked about GP, if you've found it you are almost certainly of the same religious beliefs as me, or have a background so I don't have to explain everything. I can be more "me"- vent about my bad day, ask for prayer, admit I'm struggling with something- without being judged be umpteen dozen "Holy" people that either have a Pharaseeical spirit, or nothing to do with God whatsoever....
And as an added bonus I get to bug, torment, and otherwise harrass Seth, Ratz Nest, Mini, Mel, Heather, Psalms....and so on....Not that I don't on facebook, but I'm more reserved there. Usually. Okay, occasionally. :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

As far as I know they are....it's been a little while since I've checked....  Let me see.....

Yeah, AMF is still there...doesn't look like much activity....and the last posters are people that I don't see on the FB version.....

APF is still there, even waaaaay less activity than AMF.

Lynx

Roscoe:  Sorry, I am remiss in my forum duties.  I'll start judging you right away.   :teeth:

Okay, okay... hush Isaac.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I've been part of very few forums and I've found that this actually is the least judgmental. I used to be part of a hooping [hula hoop] forum but unless you had dreadlocks and lived the hippie life completely or could do umpteen thousand hoop tricks you were kinda frowned upon.

I miss AYN dearly mostly because of the people. I've luckily connected with most of them on FB.

Brandon is part of a Chevy truck forum and we are always talking about the people on our forums or chuckling about what others have said on each others forums. It's an odd sort of way we bond over our separate forums. lol.

Plus y'all bunch of heathens have been with me over the past crazy 6+ [I think] years of my life, where else would I go?  :cool:

The Purple Fuzzy

You don't need to GO anywhere. ;)

MelodyB

Chseeads       53,724
MelodyB       32,755
Sis       32,116
The Purple Fuzzy       23,719
Tricia Lea       23,499
SippinTea       17,343
Gone       14,010
BeccaBoo       13,621
Newsman       12,229
Scott       12,102
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 30, 2012, 02:04:02 AM
Well, today I did something that I thought I'd never be able to do.  I passed Tricia in the Top 10 Posters

Chseeads       53,462
MelodyB       32,534
Sis       32,115
The Purple Fuzzy       23,500
Tricia Lea       23,499
SippinTea       17,223
Gone       14,010
BeccaBoo       13,619
Newsman       12,215
Scott       12,091

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Poopsie is sneaking up on me, I better post more....

mesipie

I'll never get top poster at this rate
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

MelodyB

Oh yeah, I'm only 20,000+ posts away from taking your spot. :roll:

MelodyB

Quote from: *mesipie* on January 15, 2013, 05:49:16 AM
I'll never get top poster at this rate

Stayed gone too long. That's what you get. :P

mesipie

I used to have more posts
Some one deleted them all...can't y'all add abt 10k to my post count...u know I'm good for it
Or reset everyone's at 0

mesipie

Scott

Quote from: *mesipie* on January 15, 2013, 06:00:24 AM
I used to have more posts
Some one deleted them all...can't y'all add abt 10k to my post count...u know I'm good for it
Or reset everyone's at 0

???

Years ago people lost post when we cleaned out old posts, but on this new server that doesn't happen much any more.
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

mesipie

Heather

Only 9,000 more posts!!!

Babs

Chseeads                      54,563
MelodyB                      33,801
Sis                          32,104
The Purple Fuzzy      24,984
Tricia Lea                      23,498
SippinTea                      17,666
Babs                              14,037
BeccaBoo                      13,622
Newsman                      12,549
Scott                      12,336

I can't believe I am still in the top 10 lol
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.