News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Haha I dunno. We were just discussing that. We thought it was weird too.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

:o Carroll Shelby's personal ride?!  And he's just letting it sit there?  He DOESN'T KNOW WHY HE BOUGHT IT?!!

I'm not a car nut at all and even I know better than that!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

I don't really either. 

I crashed again without finishing anything....ugh.

Tonight upon leaving church...or last night or whatever you want to call it....just down the road from the church, there was a car around the curve, it wasn't dark yet, just getting dark, and I could see the headlights on the left side of the road....  As I approached, it pulled diagonally across the road onto the right side of the road, blocking most of the road, and just sat there...  I waited a moment for it to move, and then squeezed around it on the left side, having to go off the road a bit to do so.  There was somebody else from church behind us and they waited a moment and the weirdo didn't move, and they went around too.  I don't know what their deal was. 

At the time I just thought, "Hey, moron, get out of the road!"  But then afterward it's like...  Was the person having some sort of medical spell, did they become incapacitated?  Or were they up to no good trying to stop us to hold us up or something? 

So I drove back over there after I dropped grandma off to see if they were gone or still lurking somewhere.  Didn't see any sign of them...car wasn't in the road.  Nothing was at the church. 

Don't know what kind of fruit loop it was.

Lynx

If the intent was to stop you, one would think they would do a better job of blocking the road.  But I can't personally come up with any better explanation.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Sometimes when you're reading the comics you can come across some pretty deep wisdom.

http://www.gocomics.com/arloandjanis/2014/07/11

That guy said more in four frames than I've heard some preachers say in a whole sermon.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Just ate a turkey sandwich and I'm fixing to hop in the shower real quick. Gotta be at work at 11. Short day today, just 4 hours of work, yay! Off tomorrow...I'm thinking of going fishing again. Not sure yet. We went yesterday and I'm anxious to go again and catch some more bass now that I know they are there. :-D

Tootles!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 11, 2014, 03:57:25 AM
I dunno who Carroll Shelby even is.
He's a legend for car nuts. Put a V8 engine  (Ford) into a lightweight car (AC- an English sports car originally equipped with a 4 cylinder) and called it the Cobra. He then went racing and whupped up on all the big dogs. Wound up working a deal with AC Motorcars and Ford and began manufacturing Cobras, with ever increasing sized engines. His cars were all hand built, there was very few made, and they are insanely priced to acquire one of the originals. Like million dollar Cobras are the norm. They are loud, crude, no comfort, and can probably be bested from a performance standpoint by most any v8 sports car from today. I'd still kill to have one.
Oh, and Shelby can also be known from his little chili venture he went into in his later years...

And in sharing, I am up and about. Getting everything together for Chey's camping trip...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Oh you mean a shelby mustang? I def. know what those are. Haut car.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on July 11, 2014, 02:54:25 PM
Oh you mean a shelby mustang? I def. know what those are. Haut car.
Not really. Same guy, Ford jumped on the band wagon when they saw a good thing and built Shelby Mustangs in conjunction with Carroll. The original Cobra was a two seat roadster- I'd post pics, but the library computer won't let me. Google "Shelby cobra pic" and you'll see....usually blue with white stripes.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Chseeads

Roscoe

Feels weird today...Chey stayed the night with the neighbors. I just woke up to an empty house....... Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful hot day. Think when chey gets home I'm gonna fire up Rusty and go fer a drive...

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

Quote from: Roscoe on July 12, 2014, 01:53:59 AM
Quote from: mini on July 11, 2014, 09:12:28 PM
I have some interesting Shelby history... :ugly:
:pound: :pound: Spill!

Carroll Shelby raced one of his first races (in a borrowed Jaguar I think) at the airport I managed.

Quote1952

A sports car meet at Norman, Oklahoma became organized racing when three pylons were put out in a gravel lot, marking the course. Bill Houk attended the Norman race with his MG Special and was pictured in Road and Track magazine. Wichita's Wayne Hinthorne and Leo Wilgen went to the race in MG-TD's. Major Sonny Beal went in his XK-120 Jaguar, Colonel Bob Kuhn in a Fiat-Abarth, and Jack Stamp went in his XK-120. Conditions at the race were terrible. A Texan, Carroll Shelby, wins the race on his first attempt at road racing. Elton Rowley is now selling sports cars from his home as a sideline under the name, Import Motors. Jaguar and Porshe are added to the MG franchise. In August, racing moves to the airport at Okmulgee, Oklahoma. Carroll Shelby borrows Jack Stamps XK-120 and wins the first Okmulgee race.

http://www.wichitascca.org/Region.html

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Chseeads

Roscoe

^ They juicy fruit. As many as you eat, I'm glad I'm far away from the toot.....

I has worked myself into a sweat the likes of which I can't stand myself. Been pulling ivy off of the house wall- if a farmers' crop grew as fast as that mess, there'd not be a hungry person in the world. Then Lou made me go to Walmart, where I offended half the town with my odor, just because she needed a bell pepper for her chicken fajitas. Normally, I have bell pepper plants this time of year producing like the dickens...but this year, I planted not a single producing plant. The only plant I have planted this year was transplanting an old teacup rose I have coveted from an old abandonded homeplace to my house- and it is doing fine. :clap:

Lynx

But a rose is not a bell pepper.  I have to agree with your wife, for some things you just can't beat a good bell pepper.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

Peppers don't care for me as much as I do for them.

My bell peppers had some kind of blight or something this year, they lost leaves, got all stunted, look bad.  They only made one good pepper.

Roscoe

I don't blame the peppers for not caring for you. :hypocrite:
It's Sunday....and I've nearly made it through the day. One more day, and I'm on vacation for the rest of the week. Sadly, I suspect the weather is gonna cancel the camping trip....in place of it, Chey and I may make a budget run to Branson and tour the Titanic Museum, which is one of her favorite things...

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-