News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashlee

Quote from: Lynx on September 15, 2019, 08:14:35 PMIf you had tried sleeping in the back of a pickup truck here you would go back in the house about a quart low. Mosquitoes would have covered you up.

Not as bad here as Florida though. They are large and totally silent in Florida. The first sign that you are under attack is when your tan goes pale.

Yep the mosquitos are bad here as well. And they carry lots of diseases here. Just had a death from dengue fever. But it was hot!  Its forever summer here lol

:hi: all

Ashlee

Quote from: Lynx on September 20, 2019, 12:33:52 AMI bet I wouldn't be approved. Apparently if you haven't got a credit card by 40 they assume you won't get one. The ONLY credit cards I can get are the "secured" ones, and that is basically you giving them your money and then borrowing it back from them. I can't even get an amazon card.

You probably could. A care credit card is the easiest to be approved for bc it's just for medical. I've never seen anyone denied.   Amazon tho, they won't let me have one lol. I've been trying for a couple of years.

Nelle

I have a friend who is married with two children who did not get approved for it. It's definitely smart to only put on at a time what you can get paid in that timeframe. It's been amazing. There is also a car version of this card called Car Care One. We have that one as well. Two biggest unexpected bills can be car repair and medical costs, and they have been wonderful helps for us.

@Work. Eating a pepperoni Tostinos pizza for lunch. I usually can eat about half, and then I have to put it away for later. It hits that flavor spot every now and then!

Went to the dentist last night after work. They redid the filling from two weeks ago. Hopefully this time it's fixed b/c I don't want to keep going every week or two, haha.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on September 19, 2019, 10:50:16 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on September 19, 2019, 07:57:00 PM
Quote from: Nelle on September 18, 2019, 06:45:17 PMYour body must have definitely needed the rest!

I could not have handled the costs we've had in 7 years of marriage (medical/dental/vet) without our CareCredit. It's been such a blessing for us!

Oh thanks for that reminder. I read somewhere about Care Credit and meant to look it up and never did.
I tried for that and it approved me! Woot.
Make SURE you pay it off in the promotional time given. If not it's seriously like 23% interest....we've got it, useful to be sure, but can get expensive fast..

Ha well that def. won't happen unless I get a hefty pay increase. I have too many other things I'm trying to pay off and failing at.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Spent all day with Lou. We dropped Chey at school and tore off to flea markets and Sam's Club. Yes, if you are lucky, your life will one day be that wild.
We appear to have gotten some rain, as well.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And it was church work day today. We got a few things done that needed finished. Now I am being lazy. So many things I should do- and ain't. LOL
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ashlee

Quote from: Roscoe on September 16, 2019, 03:16:47 PM:hi: Not feeling well today. Great service last night, so this is probably just another attack.  Oh, and got word that my aunt passed this morning. She'd had heart issues for years, but appeared to be on the mend. We weren't real close, but the loss of another family member is still painful.

I'm sorry for your loss. That's exactly how I've been feeling lately.  I keep losing family and it is very lonely.

:hi: all.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: I went to see Chel & little Bobby is today. :bigcheese:

Roscoe

:hi: Been busy. Just dashing in to assure ya'll I haven't forgotten GP, just no time.....Lots of things happening in my life keeping me hopping.

Lynx

I am the opposite, having plenty of time to post something on the forum but nothing worth posting.

But I am still alive, so I guess that warrants at least a greetiing... Howdy y'all.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 24, 2019, 12:40:59 AM:hi: I went to see Chel & little Bobby is today. :bigcheese:

She made me beef tips and rice too! It was amazing!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Jealous.
 And it is raining here today. Came in about 6 am and started raining like a cow urinating on a flat rock.
And it's about time you showed back up chel. Wish Mel and Cheesehead would report in....:sadbounce:

MsJennJenn

No rain here. I slept and slept last night. I was in bed before 11.

That's all I got. Which is more than you varlets got.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

So...a story.

My neighbor had a brilliant idea.  He has a pretty yellow lab, he bought a standard poodle, and a few months later, Labradoodles.

Easy peasy, right?  The pups need a home, he has 4 of them, but not one single person has tried to get one.

Last night, I get home and about the moment I stepped out of the car, the poodle has attacked one of the pups.  Literally shaking it like a rag doll.  He's played rough with the pups, but this is pure aggression.  My neighbor isn't home, so I run over and separate them.

I call my neighbor to tell him what had just happened when one of the pups walked over to another pup and attacked it.  Again, pure aggression, but from the pup! I try to separate them, and the pup has such a grip on the other one that when I lift up the aggressor, it picks the other pup off the ground.  I finally get the female pup off the other dog, and not 10 seconds later, she's back on the other pup attacking.

After my neighbor got home, I went over and told him what had happened, and as we were talking the female pup attacked again.

I've never seen anything like it.  My neighbor is older, on blood thinners, doesn't move fast, and I warned him, you better watch that thing, she may get ahold of you.  Again, this is an 8-week old pup, maybe 15 pounds, clumsy and not a full-grown dog.

About an hour later, he calls me in a panic... "Can you bandage me up?!?"

Sure enough, the pup had bitten him on the hand, all the way to the bone.  This dog is crazy!  He had managed to get the dog into a pen before called me.

As I am standing there trying to bandage him up, the pup gets out of the pen, runs over and attacks a pup again.  My neighbor got them separated, and I told my neighbor to put it over the fence with me and my german shepherd.  I figured my dog could keep the pup in line, and sure enough, it worked.  The pup was A-OK with my dog, and acted like they were best friends.

We finally had to get an enclosed pen to keep that pup in.

After everything settled down, I was reading last night and ran across an article:  https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/world-news/inventor-labradoodle-says-hes-created-20166667 (there are some words in the article)

But the guy says this:  "I find that the biggest majority (of Labradoodles) are either crazy or have a hereditary problem."

Don't get me wrong, some of the pups are sweet as all get out. But I really think some of them have serious mental issues!

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

This is precisely why cats are better than dogs. :teeth: I've known some cats who were sneaky or vindictive or just plain spiteful (a VERY few, most cats I've known are nice folks) but I've never known a cat who was crazy like that.

And if a cat was that crazy, you could probably just keep it at bay by stomping your foot. You're several times their size and they know it.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I've known lots of crazy cats. Much crazier than dogs.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 26, 2019, 02:48:06 PMI've known lots of crazy cats. Much crazier than dogs.

Example A, immediately preceding your post.  :crazy:

:hi: Been eventful few days. Sometime I'll get to tell ya'll about it. For now, suffice it to say that I covet your prayers. Nothing bad, but...different.

Back at work, the daily grind....

Lynx

You've never even seen me crazy. You don't know what crazy is.

Oh wait... You used to be a cop. Yeah you have probably seen crazy. But you have still never seen me crazy.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I follow this girl on instagram and she has a doodle and that dog is crazy lol she's still a "puppy" but huge and its so rambunctious!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Shew. One more day down. Gotta go ALLL the way to Camden tomorrow- leave at 5am , probably won't see home until  7ish.All because I was too bone headed to take off tomorrow. LOL

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: Made it to Camden and back. Gonna enjoy running up on the mountain tomorrow, then I MAY be selling the Jeep. Guy talked with me earlier about it, and seemed like he was going to come from Springfield Missouri to buy it. We will see.
I test drove a 78 Corvette yesterday...may work a deal if the Jeep goes away...

The Purple Fuzzy

We may need to have an intervention for your automobile addiction...

Lynx

Nah, that's not intervention level. If he were keeping the Jeep AND getting the Corvette, to add to his collection of 1,073 other automobiles that he is obsessed with keeping running... then we might need to do something about it.

Actually that's probably what Bobby would be doing if Lou would let him...
"Do you sing at church?"