News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Urgh. MOAN...."whine". It feels like a Monday, even though it's actually a Thursday that is my Friday. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Missed church last night due to attending a funeral. A friend and former co-workers father passed away. Melissa has become like a sister to me. Especially in the aspect that my parents take her to amusement parks and etc and leaves me at home. [Kinda like when they took my sister to DC last year and convienantly left me out so I could stay and dogsit  :roll: Our family dynamic is so weird....]. Her father had been a cranky old man for years and years. Due to the after effects of being sprayed with Agent Orange in Vietnam and years upon years of not taking care of his diabetes he'd been in the hospital more that out of it the last year. He had been in hospice care at the VA the last 2 months. But back to my point, I hate funerals. Especially funerals around here. Most of the ones I've had to go to in the past few years have been done by baptist ministers who didn't even know the family. One service the poor guy didn't even attempt to pronounce her name right after repeatedly being told by the family how to say it and one lady even wrote it phonetically for him.  I can't deal with the song Amazing Grace because after my nana and then another lady like a mamaw to me passed and it was played at both funerals I can't deal with it. Go Rest High on That Mountain, everytime it plays my mom says she wants it played at her funeral which is something I don't want to think about. Then I Can Only Imagine, which as a pentecostal that song has bothered me since day one. I don't have to imagine what I would do in God's presence because I experience regularly being filled with the Holy Ghost. GRRRRRRR!!!! Rant over.....

Just let me conclude that I am very grateful after last night to be a pentecostal and I hope there is a Holy Ghost dance party if I were to pass before the rapture at my funeral.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:hi: It rained here again. Bah. Just enough to wet the grass good. I survived the day and am back at my weekend. A weekend forecasted to be rainy, so I'm not thinking much is going to get done. Trying to motivate myself to go grocery shop so I won't have to do it tomorrow. So far, I am being spectacularly unsuccessful in doing so.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

We've officially made it 24 hours without any rain! It was sunny ALL day - clouds, but the sun was still shining bright!  :shine:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Jinxed it. Now it's pouurrrringgggg. Ugh. Seriousssslllyyyy.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

It was all over my FB, but for those who don't know...I slipped in a puddle in WM and sprained my ankle. I thought I broke my wrist for awhile, but the X-Ray showed it had a light sprain too. :smirk2:

But, in other news, I got a big pot and I'm planting watermelons in a container tomorrow. My tomatoes have sprouts and so I thought I would try watermelons. Thanks to Pinterest, I now know it's possible to grow them in a container garden and train them to grow vertically. When the fruit starts getting bigger, you support them with pantyhose made into sort of a hammock tied to the vertical support. It looks simple enough. I watched several YouTube videos and I think I can handle it. Of course I got the smaller breed of melons. Sugar baby melons.

We will see.

In apartment news, my new neighbor is quiet 80% of the time. When we do hear her, she is NOT as noisy as the last people. Plus, she is off for the next two weeks, so she moved in, stayed a few days, packed up and went to see her mom out of state. She won't be back till NEXT Friday.

We got a great neighbor! ;)

That is all. My leg/ankle hurts so I'm gonna try to go back to sleep.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

Woke up this morning when Brandon's alarm went off and can't get back to sleep. It's my day off. Go figure. Can't decide if I want to try to hike or tye die. The weather is looking to be on the spotty side so it may be a tye die and read day.

Lynx

I'm still alive, despite the best efforts of my boss. I usually work 9:30 - 16:30, but he asked me to work until 22:00.   A manager seems to have quit without telling anyone she was leaving which resulted in big gaping holes in the schedule. Twelve and a half hours there is too much but I worked it anyway. Gonna get overtime this week.

Don't you just hate it when a manager quits without notice? What, that never happens where you work? Happens all the time here...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's starting to rain again this morning.  It let off for yesterday.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:stupid:  I just woke up. Time to get moving, I guess. At least it ain't raining- yet.

Heather

so i may have dozed back off finally on the couch this morning. went to the store. made 4 tie dye shirts I'm waiting to see how they turn out. found a way to rig my hammock on the railings out in the breezeway. the sky has looked spotty all day so I didn't want to chance the rain.

and my photographer friend posted the rest of my wedding pictures on the facebook if anyone was interested.  :cool:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

:stupid: It flooded last night,but has fortunantly stopped now and the sun is out. Lou was off today, so we slept in. Think we are fixing to take Rusty for a cruise.

Heather

Quote from: MelodyB on May 30, 2015, 04:23:57 AM
Do y'all have a balcony on your apartment?

No. We however have a breezeway between us and the people across the way. I'll take a picture and send it to ya to explain. But I have railing that I can hook my hammock to and not block anyone but our own apartment.

Tomorrow is our only day off this whole week. We both work 6 days. Thankful we both got the day off together.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been a beautiful day today. Nice to see some sunshine.

Roscoe

Not here. Here it's been overcast and rainy... I'm ready for this rainy season to be over.

Heather

I way overslept this morning. We had a pretty good downpour and a storm earlier. Supposed to be chance of rain and storms for the foreseeable future.

Working my only double this week tomorrow.

Roscoe

:hi: Good morning, all! What a beautiful day.....okay, I'm lying. It's Monday, and when I went to get Rusty out of the shop so that I could have a little "me" time on the way in this morning, it was raining. Again. :pound: Of course, when I left the house in the Canyon, within two miles there wasn't a sign of rain. Oh well.. My mantra to get through this week is "just the rest of this week and one day..." If I can survive this week, I'll get my weekend, come back for a Sunday- which is like not working at all, just with a 120 mile drive- and then I'm off for two blessed weeks, one of which is my Swap Meet/Car Show.  :hyper: This excites me, since I get to spend time with my uncle, old cars, and possibly a troublemaker from here, with rituals that include the sacrifice of a dead cow, done to a medium rare..:fork: