News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: HeatherB on May 19, 2015, 12:32:20 AM
Today I was supposed to work both jobs. I got through AutoZone and felt absolutely terrible. Came home and my fever was well over 100. We finally got it to break around 730 this evening. Safe to say I didn't make it to Keva and they were beyond nice about covering my shift. I joke with Brandon we are already working on that in sickness and in health part of our vows.

Also here is a picture from after our wedding for those who don't have FB. It's a picture snapped on his sisters phone. I haven't seen any from our photographer yet.

Heather, that dress kinda reminds me of a Greek goddess. Glad your day went well. :)

MsJennJenn

Just ate my homemade orange-fig cinnamon roll my best friend made. It was so delicious. Be jealous fellow cinnamon roll lovers (Roscoe/Isaac). :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 19, 2015, 01:23:46 PM
Heather, that dress kinda reminds me of a Greek goddess. Glad your day went well. :)

Thank you! The hair definitely helps that description. lol.

Fever finally broke last night. I feel so much better. This morning we rearranged our living space to accommodate where our cable and what not is. Neither of us watch much cable, but football season will be here soon enough. Also my books have started arriving from his dad's house! We need more bookshelves!! I may have a slight book problem....  :cool: Anywho making lunch then it'll be off to work 3-8 making smoothies. Hope everyone has a great day! It's been kinda gloomy here.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 19, 2015, 02:09:45 PM
Just ate my homemade orange-fig cinnamon roll my best friend made. It was so delicious. Be jealous fellow cinnamon roll lovers (Roscoe/Isaac). :hypocrite:
:pound: *jealous*

Made it through the day. Came home and cooked dinner- bbq chicken breast, garlic mashed potatoes and corn-which no one but me ate. :sadbounce: Lou said she wasn't feeling well and laid down, and chey just picked at her food.  I washed dishes and now I am halfheartedly studying for tomorrow night, for which I have no clue what I shall preach. Feel kinda "blah" myself.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

It's hard to be jealous when I'm eating peanut butter and vanilla yogurt on sourdough bread. I would like to know the orange-fig recipe though, if you wouldn't mind asking your friend.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I love plain cinnamon rolls, maybe orange but no figs.

MsJennJenn

Sandra - sounds weird...but it was sooo just right. I've never been big on fig. ha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on May 19, 2015, 01:23:46 PM

Heather, goddess of auto parts, coffee, and pet spaying and neutering.

:smirk2:

It's blackberry winter, it's cold. 

The Purple Fuzzy

She may need more than two arms to do all of that.

Chseeads

Or at least wash her hands thoroughly in between jobs.  :freaky:

Heather

Currently I'm only the goddess of auto parts and smoothies.  :cool:

Lynx

Quote from: Chseeads on May 20, 2015, 04:29:25 PM
Or at least wash her hands thoroughly in between jobs.  :freaky:
For that I had to bless you. It has been a rough day and I needed that laugh.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: Made it through the day. Came home and God gave me the message I needed, went to church, where for the 12th consecutive service we had a first time visitor- makes 23 in the last 12 services. Preached my heart out on "Destroy it...before it destroys you", basically on sin in our lives.... Our first time visitor sat on the back pew glaring at me with his arms crossed. I actually wondered if he were gonna come punch me, but he didn't. Hopefully God spoke to him. I's just the mailman, if'n they don't like the letter they gots to talk to the sender. :lol: Now...if I can just get through tomorrow, the weekend is mine!
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

More like pouring. Good grief. I know we severely needed rain, but I'm done with it at this point. It's been raining half the week for the past month. This isn't Seattle people!! :demand:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

It's very cloudy here, but no rain yet. I'm over rain. So over it. My yard needs mowed desperately, I have 1 millon projects that need doing, and can't do any of them in the rain. :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

Our yard needs to be mowed, also.  Hubby tried the other day but it was so wet he didn't get far.

Roscoe

Well, I got my front and side yard mowed. Then I stuck the BadBoy but good in a wet spot that I didn't see. Not content with getting one piece of expensive equipment buried in the mud, I went and got the Canyon and stuck it too. Started on sticking Rusty, but escaped before he went down. Neighbor brought his 4x4 side-by-side over and pulled all of my stuff out of the mud while laughing at me.
I also got Chey's gokart fixed and she's enjoyed it immensely. Now to enjoy my weekend..

Heather

We had rain this morning and I wish it would have stayed longer. My allergies would have enjoyed it immensely. I'm fighting my usual May plague.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on May 22, 2015, 12:50:33 AM
Well, I got my front and side yard mowed. Then I stuck the BadBoy but good in a wet spot that I didn't see. Not content with getting one piece of expensive equipment buried in the mud, I went and got the Canyon and stuck it too. Started on sticking Rusty, but escaped before he went down. Neighbor brought his 4x4 side-by-side over and pulled all of my stuff out of the mud while laughing at me.
I also got Chey's gokart fixed and she's enjoyed it immensely. Now to enjoy my weekend..
I wish, I wish, I wish I had been there to see that.

And about the scowling visitor - some people have been scowling so long that it got stuck on their faces. Ditto with the crossed arms. Did he say anything after church that indicated he took offense?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on May 22, 2015, 03:55:55 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on May 22, 2015, 12:50:33 AM
I wish, I wish, I wish I had been there to see that.

And about the scowling visitor - some people have been scowling so long that it got stuck on their faces. Ditto with the crossed arms. Did he say anything after church that indicated he took offense?
Probably good that you weren't there to witness me "slamcussing' as one old saint referred to it. I throw things when I'm angry.. :sadbounce:
And re:visitor- No. Simply got up and walked out after the service. He'd came with his grandmother, a sweet old lady that appears to hold high standards, yet bounces from church to church-literally.
She'll go to our church for a month or so, then on to the next, not discriminating between Trinity or Oneness,Apostolic or Charasmatic. She does the same at all of them and we see her one or two months a year, I guess when it's our turn in rotation. She worships, participates in the service and is generally the perfect saint- if she'd just stay.
She came up and told me how much the sermon moved her and touched her. I was appreciative and hope when she says it "moved her" she didn't mean it moved her to the next church in her rotation... :laughhard:
It is beautiful, sunny, and cool today. Around 65 ish...Rusty, Chey and I shall go to town. I might splurge and cook a large chunk of dead cow on the grill this evening. :hypocrite:

Assuredbyfaith

I can't remember what was going on the last time I was on here...hope all is well with everyone!!!

Been a rough few weeks! On the home front: Mom is out of surgery...everything went well!!! Thank you for the prayers!! Pray for a fast recovery...and patience!!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

They have her in a cast but surgeon said they are going to get her up and walking right away. Said she can walk on it and in about 10 days they will remove the cast and put a boot on her. Thanks for the prayers! She was nervous.
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

MelodyB

My mom is home finally. Doing well. Very weak, but we are managing.

I planted some tomato seed things yesterday. Gotta go water them this morning, it says to keep them very wet till the first sprouts show up. We will see if I can grow tomatoes. I hope so. :fork:

It rained real good last night here too...but it looks to be another fine hot sunny day today.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Let me know if that works Melbs! The tomato thing lol....does it have to sit outside?!
-Alexander Den Heijer-