News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

I'm awake. Been up most of the night. Don't know what to do. Can't visit the ICU till 8, and I forgot to leave them my phone number last night and I'm scared to call up there this morning cause if they just say I need to come up there I'm gonna flip out. That's what they did with dad. They called us in and walked us down to the waiting area and told us he was gone. They can't tell you on the phone and I'm scared.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Mel
I'm so sorry. Praying for y'all.

Dina's littlest one had the croup so bad last night that she and papaw took him to the emergency room.  It's hard to see a little one not be able to breathe. It's also no fun to shell out $500 for an emergency room visit. Poor things.

Roscoe

Mel, I'm praying....
And in sharing- I got drenched this morning. We had an elderly ill member of our church pass Tuesday night. They are having the funeral Monday and I haven't mowed the church yard in nearly two weeks because of the nonstop rain. So, I when I took Chey to school, I carried the lawn mower with me.
Of course it started raining before I could unload the mower. And it appeared like it would rain all day- in fact the last forecast I saw predicted it to be all day.  It had to be done, though, so there this idiot was, mowing in the rain. I did use my police raincoat, although it helped little.
And par for the course, within minutes of me finishing and loading up, dripping wet, the rain stops. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Update: I just left the hosp to get some rest. Mom has stopped seizing so much and is resting better. Results from EEG they did earlier won't be back till this evening. I'll go back up there then. There isn't anything to to do but wait. But drs say she is doing better.

There is hope.

Meanwhile I gotta finish cleaning this apartment (mostly moms room and laundry) and get it straight so I CAN rest and not have to do anything.

mini

Mel, I read your post the other day, and thought of this verse for you.

2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.

Its sure helped me this past year.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Mini-that's my verse on my profile!

It's been a completely lazy day today. We went to watch my cousin play t-ball and I just got drained sitting out in the sun. Tomorrow is move day. I'm so excited. We can check in and start moving at 1. Brandon's dad is already talking about moving out of his house. It's only been 2 days.

Roscoe

I have done nothing productive today. Laid around, slept in, played on the radio some, and took the Corvette and Chey for a little 30 minute cruise. Have to go back to work tomorrow. Bah. I hope next weekend isn't as wet....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

Stormed like mad last night. Thunder cracks kept waking me up. I'm grouchy.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

Dad declared last night that he was dying and wasn't going to last the night.  He had various complaints of this, that, and the other.  Then he calmed down and was quiet for the night, has slept quite a bit today....  He hadn't slept much the last couple days.

From the best I can tell it seems like he's having anxiety attacks, or going crazy, or both. 

Shew.  Help us, Lord.

I'm eating something for lunch that I hope it not rotten.  Some leftovers that I forget what day they are from.  They don't taste rotten, so I'm hoping for the best.

MelodyB

Mom is off the vent and communicating. I just got to talk to her for the first time. (And her able to respond to me that is) they kicked me out of ICU cause of shift change so I'm headed home till tomorrow.

The elephants upstairs did indeed move out Mother's Day weekend. It's been amazingly quiet.

Heather

I'm glad your elephants are gone.

We just got moved in today. Moved everything from my parents and my dorm room. Brandon is going to start getting things from his house tomorrow while I'm gone to both jobs. It'll be my first day doing double duty. 8-1 then 3-8. Should be interesting.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Urgh. Monday. Bah. Tonight's Chey's graduation from the third grade. My princess AngelFluff is growing up. :sadbounce: And it's likely it'll be raining today. Again. Bah.

Lynx

I just stepped outside, stood there for a while, then came back in laughing so hard I had tears. I saw a woodpecker perch on the light pole out by the road. He pecked around a bit on the pole, inched up, pecked a bit, inched up... then he got to the top and he stopped and looked around for a good long time. You could almost hear him thinking "What in the world kind of tree is this?!"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Chseeads on May 18, 2015, 02:19:32 PM
Shew.  Lord.

Yes. Shew. Lord.

Slept from 3:45am to 6:45am. Was up talking to a friend. Today's gonna be a GREAT day. :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Chseeads

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 18, 2015, 02:27:58 PM

Slept from 3:45am to 6:45am. Was up talking to a friend. Today's gonna be a GREAT day. :sleep:

Oh, what's his name?

:freaky2:

I'm eating a salad and trying to survive.

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Chseeads on May 18, 2015, 06:28:37 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 18, 2015, 02:27:58 PM

Oh, what's his name?

:freaky2:

I'm eating a salad and trying to survive.
I was wondering the same thing. lol

Heather

Today I was supposed to work both jobs. I got through AutoZone and felt absolutely terrible. Came home and my fever was well over 100. We finally got it to break around 730 this evening. Safe to say I didn't make it to Keva and they were beyond nice about covering my shift. I joke with Brandon we are already working on that in sickness and in health part of our vows.

Also here is a picture from after our wedding for those who don't have FB. It's a picture snapped on his sisters phone. I haven't seen any from our photographer yet.

Roscoe