Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

And in other news, continue to pray for poor dad.

Just lately he's suffering what I think in part seems to be anxiety, over not being able to spit stuff out of his throat.  He spits and splutters constantly and feels like his throat is closing up or he's choking or something....  The vast majority of what he spits is just plain saliva, and I think he's just working himself up into a frenzy over it.  He sits in the same chair 24 hours a day and never does anything, never has anything that occupies his mind or his time besides his suffering.  He's seeming more confused and literally crazy acting sometimes lately, which could be him just driving himself nuts over things...I don't know.   

His throat my feel weird because of the nerve issues he has and like something is in it, I have no way of saying.  And there are no solutions any doctor has ever offered or anything.  He's had short term spells of being afraid of choking to death in the past at various different times, but the last little while he seems like he's just ate up with the preoccupation of things, and I suspect the stresses are just driving him nuts. 

It drives all of us nuts.  Mom has been down sick with the flu and me and my sister had to take turns staying with him all the time.  Within the last couple months he had went through some other sicknesses himself and they wore him down.  I think all these things coupled together are just eating him up mentally and he's getting beside himself. 

He has real physical problems, I've no doubt, but I think he is fretting some of them into being more than they are.  He can drop off to sleep and sleep soundly without any appearance of trouble or difficulty.  It seems to me if he was literally choking to death he wouldn't be able to sleep. 

He needs peace and relief, as do we all, badly.  He cries out for help or begs to be helped or hollers Lord help me or what not...and there's nothing we can do in that regard to fix his problem, but take it to the Lord. 

We are at the end of the rope, so pray the Lord moves in.

MsJennJenn

Good job Roscoe! Dainty Jewels is too expensive I do agree. And I hate looking like everyone else! lol half the apostolic/pentecostal world wears her stuff. I've got one item from her, that I paid $30 for. I paired it with an eBay find + a homemade skirt by my Momma for easter! I definitely didn't look like anyone else! :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

sunlight

:me hugs cheese: not that it makes you feel any better - but what type of cancer does he have again? This is really common side effect to some chemos, and especially to radiation if he had any anywhere close to that area.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

:hi: Really tired of rain.I have 2 inches of water in my shop- and we don't live in a floodplain. It's a mess...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Chseeads

Quote from: sunlight on May 11, 2015, 02:11:28 PM
:me hugs cheese: not that it makes you feel any better - but what type of cancer does he have again? This is really common side effect to some chemos, and especially to radiation if he had any anywhere close to that area.

Lung, chest wall area on his back...  The last chemo and radiation he had were done around last of Feb or early March.  He's had the spitting issues ever since the shingles rendered him unable to swallow a year and a half ago.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: been raining like crazy lately. A tornado tore up a small town near here yesterday.

MelodyB

I'm apartment news, the elephants upstairs must have went away for Mother's Day weekend and must still be gone, because tbere has not so much been a peep or thud up there since Friday morning! It's been lovely.

I actually hope they moved away. But wherever they are, it's been nice that they left for awhile.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Mel-maybe they got so drunk they are sleeping off a crazy hangover.

Woke up this morning to my parents screaming at each other about a computer keyboard. I'm so ready to not be here but I have no where to go until Sunday.The night of the wedding Brandon and I will be staying at a hotel but Friday and Saturday we will be staying here. I just keep telling myself I don't have to come back after this.....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

Must be just waking after said hangover...cause the thumping and stuff just started back up again. Not as loud and continuous as normal, but it's getting there.

SippinTea

Roscoe, I'm pretty sure you just grew about 6 inches or so. And I would have blessed you for buying that dress for your wife, but I'd already blessed you for offering to take Bella off my hands for a while, and GP won't let me do it again. :P

Cheese........ I don't even know what to say, except... I'm sorry. It's so hard to watch people you love struggle like that.

We've had a lot of rain too, but NOTHING compared to some of you poor dears. :o

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

Quote from: SippinTea on May 12, 2015, 05:38:19 PM
Roscoe, I'm pretty sure you just grew about 6 inches or so. And I would have blessed you for buying that dress for your wife, but I'd already blessed you for offering to take Bella off my hands for a while, and GP won't let me do it again.

I so have to figure out how to hack gp's blocks on that..
And re:said dress..  as is typical, I was completely unable to keep a secret. I'm world's worst when it comes to hiding gifts  because I start thinking  how the recipient will react and get all excited. :lol:
Not as excited as Lou did when I texted her a pic of the recipient.  My normally  reserved  quiet wife blew my phone up with"OMG!, OMG!"  :laughhard:

MsJennJenn

I think you just have to wait an hour don't you?! You can't just click, click, click. You can bless/smite - then wait an hour and do it again.

*edit*
Yup - this is what it said "Sorry, you can't repeat a karma action without waiting 1 hours."
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Yep. And it's been over an hour now, so I was able to "fix" that. ;)

*grin* I would have loved to see her face when she got that text.

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Chseeads

So last week they had put dad on a water pill to get swelling out of his feet....  Then yesterday the nurse said that was what was making his secretions drier and harder to spit out and whatever....  So that made sense cause this past week is when he has grown so terrible with this.  So they said cut it in half....  I said forget it...I don't even want to give anymore of it for right now at least, let it get out of his system....  Just while ago I was awakened by him coughing and hollering for help.  The water pill is not worth the constant misery an agony....Lord have mercy. 

The Purple Fuzzy

Sorry, Cheese.  Hope things get better.

:umbrella: raining again

Heather

Got free breakfast this morning. Took my dad out to a friends deli. They do homemade everything. They gave us breakfast for free and said it was a pre-wedding gift.

Now I need to finish up some craftiness for tomorrow. Rehearsal tonight. I can't believe it's here!!!

Roscoe

Stupid rain. :pound: It's back...
Glad it's my Friday. I drove the vette in too,so it's not been a terrible  day. And lou should be happy this evening, as the post office's tracking  device indicates that her dress is delivered. .

Heather

Today's the day!!!! Probably won't be back on for the next couple days. I hope you all have an AWESOME day!!!!

The Purple Fuzzy

Hope all goes well on your special day, Heather. :) *HUGS*

MelodyB

Me too, Heather! Congrats!

I'll never get married. My ship sailed already and sank like a brick. I'll be stuck living with my mother and my cat till I'm 73.

In cat news...I'm trying to get ahold of the vet but the line has been busy all morning. Knut needs his shots, neutered and declawed. I'm gonna try to get him an appointment next week and get it all done at once.

In apartment news, when I posted last about the elephants returning, they were here thumping and jumping for a couple hours, and seriously, not ONE PEEP since then. I am scared to hope that they moved and I didn't know it. And maybe that last noise was them getting the last of the stuff out.

I'll have to ask the more "nosy" neighbors that know all the comings and goings around here.

I think that is all.

For now.

MelodyB

Mom is in ICU on the ventilator. She had a seizure this afternoon and I had to call the ambulance. The seizures have been almost continuous for several hours and we stayed (me and my cousin/Pastors wife) as long as they would allow us and I called back up there to check and they said she calmed down quite a bit awhile after we left.

We think it is drug related.

She also may have C-diff (sp?) that's a bad GI infection. We won't know till tomorrow.

I'm gonna try to sleep now. I came home and cleaned and disinfected everything just in case. I'm tired but my brain is racing.

Please pray. I can't take anything else bad happening right now or I will run far far away.