News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

I'm pleased to see that you're all just as nuts as ever. 

You're doing fine jobs, I've raised you all well.

:smirk2:

I'm eating a salad.

I ran over a squirrel on the way to church this morning.  Several others tried to commit suicide too. 

And a big black snake crossed the road on the way home.  First snake I've seen this year, and as far as I'm concerned I'm happy if it's the last as well. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on April 26, 2015, 05:42:11 PM

I'm eating a salad.

I ran over a squirrel on the way to church this morning.  Several others tried to commit suicide too. 

And a big black snake crossed the road on the way home.  First snake I've seen this year, and as far as I'm concerned I'm happy if it's the last as well.
Squirrel killer! A whole army of tree rats are now gonna surround your house and bribe the geese into showing them the secret access door. Then they will pelt your old bald head with nuts to avenge their fallen brethren. Of course nuts are nothing new to you- you've been that way for years.  :P
And I'm surprised. I expected you to be eating a black bean platter..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on April 26, 2015, 11:33:39 AM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on April 26, 2015, 09:29:11 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 26, 2015, 12:02:36 AMNow I'm in the "pre-dread" phase for the next workweek...

"Pre-dreading"? As in before you start dreading?

LOL I live in a constant state of dread...I'm already dreading tomorrow's work day, next week, and the next couple of months!!! 😲  :noo:

That's not healthy. :hypocrite:

Of that there is no doubt...my mind, heart, and body are living in a state of "hope deferred"! Hard to overcome when your exhausted, and discouraged on a daily basis. 😶
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Chseeads on April 26, 2015, 05:42:11 PM

I don't think there has ever been any doubts....  :hypocrite:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

MelodyB

Ding dong, Furby is dead.

And it was NOT my fault, OR the fault of my Pink Needle Weilding Auto Parts Friend. ;)

Ok so...even though I HATED the mutt, and hated is the nice word I can use...I didn't want him to die...well, at least not just three weeks after my Dad. Mom has gone thru enough lately and Furby kicking over was not what she needed to add to everything. Here's what happened...

Yesterday, Mom was up and at em', and she was in her room moving stuff around, unpacking, whatever it was she was doing...wait, back up...this was about noonish, and Furby had spent the night in moms closet on some clothes and refused to come out...mom had called and called him all morning and he wouldn't go outside to potty or eat or do anything, he just layed in the closet. Mom thought it odd, but didn't dwell on that issue. So there she is, in her room, and I am in the living room on the couch going thru an old box of papers and sorting what to keep and what to throw away.

I hear mom turn on and move Dads hoverround and then hear her move other stuff around. Then all of a sudden, I hear the chair motor whirring and a huge crash bang thud crash bang and mom is screaming!!! It terrified me...I jump up and run in there and mom is in the floor, on her back, the hoverround wheels are spinning and it has slammed into the table she keeps the TV on. I pull a blanket off the chair and turn it off and Furby is having a fit! He is running around yelping and crying and going nuts. The TV is on the floor, mom is on the floor the whole room is just destroyed! I yelled at Furby to shut up so I could see what happend and I got mom up off the floor. She asked where Furby was, and I looked down the hall and could just see his tail inside the kitchen door. I looked and he was belly up, all four paws in the air and laying in a puddle of pee. He was not breathing.

Apparently Mom had moved the chair and didn't turn it off, so when she covered it up with the blanket, it hit the joystick and started forward and hit the TV table, knocking all that over...then mom was screaming, and sometime Furby came out of the closet and Mom fell backwards on top of him. She said he was under her back while she was on the floor. By the time I got in there she had shifted her weight and he was yelping and crying...then he went into the kitchen and fell dead. It all happened within like 2 minutes! So fast!

So mom is having a cow at this point picked up the dog and I said she needed to rinse him off since he was laying in a puddle of his own...so she takes his limp body and rinses him off in the bathtub. I run to my room and get my shoes and stuff and I tell her she better hurry so we can take him to the vet. I knew he was dead but at this point mom was carrying on so bad that I didn't have the heart to press the issue yet. She wraps him in a towel and we set out to find a vet.

Problem. It's Saturday. NO vets are open. AT ALL.

While driving around I called all the vets in a 100 mile radius and none were open. I finally convinced mom he was gone, and we called MawMaw and asked if her brother could dig a hole on their property and we bury him there. She said yes and we headed over there. All this took about two hours to convince her he really was dead. She kept crying and praying and wailing over this dog.

It was crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Now Mom is feeling the affects/effects? Of her fall and she has been impossible all day whining and complaining wanting more pain meds, That I have control of, and she isn't getting any. She's had too many already. SIGH.

So. That's my story. I promise I can't make this stuff up!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Wow, Mel. I'm sorry for the rotten timing. Also glad it wasn't your fault.

Assuredbyfaith

Mel, thoughts and prayers! Sorry everything is happening at once!

Roscoe

Ouch. Praying for you and your mom, Mel....
And in sharing, I just walked into work and was greated by the knowledge that it would be just me until 9, then just me and one other today. The other 4 officers all called in sick. Apparently I didn't get the "blue flue" note...:sadbounce:
And last night was awesome. Had two new first time visitors, one of whom turned out to be a backslider. Ended with her, her boyfriend, and several others in the altar......awesome move of God...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Well, I didn't think I said anything offensive in the above post.. ???  Y'all are way to quiet today....

Assuredbyfaith

I'm being quiet...because when you are feeling disillusioned, disappointed, depressed...it's better to keep your mouth shut then to depress everyone else!!!  :smirk2: Not to mention frustrated, aggravated, and stressed...tired, worn down, etc!!! :hypocrite:

Assuredbyfaith

James 1:19  |  Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:

James 1:26  |  If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Ephesians 4:29  |  Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

Ephesians 4:32  |  And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Assuredbyfaith

When your frustrated, and stressed it's easy to say the wrong thing!! I'm trying hard not to let things get to me...however, failing that... I'm trying to keep it from showing in my attitude, and mindset!!!

QuoteHebrews 12:14,15

Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

This is easier said then done! 😶 

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I'm at home trying to get this last little bit unpacked...the last few boxes are the hardest to unpack cause it's usually stuf that you threw in a box at the last minute and it doesn't really have a designated spot...it's just odds and ends. :smirk2:

Plus I hooked up the clear channel antenna and I can't get it to work. I've tried everything.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Had range today. Of, course it rained. I got wet. But I survived. Now, one more day, then I get to go to the zoo Thursday with Chey...

Assuredbyfaith

Ashlee

Wow.  I'm sorry for all of you who posted above going through a rough time :sadbounce: 

I'm up again. lol  I desperately need to clean and cook and do laundry that I can't get done watching over my husband at night and sleeping all day so I'm gonna make a trip to starbucks once I can get hubby up and hopefully off to school today.  Then I gotta go shopping and cleaning.  VA appointment tomorrow.  At least I don't have to fight with some stupid person.  This doctor I actually like. 

We are sooo ready to move!  I'm ready for some peace and quiet.  And ready to see Ruby again!!!  I hope I get to see her on the way up to our new home. 

Roscoe

Welp...day two of range.  I'm praying for those going through hard times. Supposed to be a beautiful day today. I'm hoping our last six shooters take a bit and don't let me get off of the range until after lunch. I really would like to simply call this a range day.

The Purple Fuzzy

So pretty outside.  Sunny and 55. This weather is so unpredictable.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 29, 2015, 01:30:48 PM
So pretty outside.  Sunny and 55. This weather is so unpredictable.

Same here. Just tired of the rain. Seems like we get 2 days of sunshine, then 2 days of rain. Can't wash my car! lol

Moving next week myself. :)
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Where are you going, Jenn?  A new apt in the same area or what?

MsJennJenn

Sort of. New city. I live currently in Arlington and drive 24-45 minutes to work. I'm moving to Irving - where I work! I'll be 9 mins from work! GLORAY!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

In moving news, Housing has informed us that we need $613 to them by May 15 [the day after the wedding] for us to be able to move into summer housing. My mom has informed me that if we don't come up with the money I'm homeless. Safe to say my stress level has gotten so high that I'm just shutting down at this point. I'm in the process of going through my clothes to see what all I can sell. Other than that I don't really have anything  :smirk2: Prayers appreciated.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

SippinTea

I'm so sorry, Heather. I am well acquainted with that feeling. Sending you a big hug.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel