News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I had to bless Jenn for the dial up comment. lol.

No more AZ!!!!! I've already made arrangements to pass on my uniform shirts and new-ish shoes to another girl that works there. Glad I did laundry last night so I don't have to haul laundry back and forth in this heat across the complex. Just rain already. It'll help with my nap  :cool:
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Ugh. I'm awake. Fixin' to get myself moving and go uptown to the co-op and try to find some weed killer for the west end of my house. Poison Ivy is overtaking it.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

I'm baking cookies for church. We have "loaves and fishes" tonight which means a sack dinner in the fellowship hall with about 45 minutes of fellowship and a 15 minute mini lesson. Then home. It's great and brings a lot of visitors.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Cookies were a fail. I can't bake cookies. Never have been able to, idk why I thought I could today.

Gonna buy some and take to the church. Easier.

The Purple Fuzzy

That's crazy.  You can bake cakes, cookies should be easy.

MelodyB

I just can't! I don't know why. They always either burn or are not done. Even when I watch them the entire time.

Roscoe

Poor Ducklady....
I went and got my weedkiller, mixed it up and sprayed it....hoping I didn't inhale some or something as I'm not feeling the best now. But last night I had a bout of stomach sickness, so I figure it's just something I ate. Waiting on Lou to bring home the bacon- she went to the grocery store- so I can finish preparing dinner. Easy and delicious....chicken tenders, liberally sprinkled with garlic powder and onion powder, then rolled in brown sugar and wrapped in bacon. Broil those bad boys and we'll be knockin' out anyone who get in the way...:fork:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Funny you should mention weed killer. I sprayed weed killer around stuff in the yard yesterday. When I bought it I walked into TSC and said to the first salesman I saw, "I need weed killer and I want something that will kill everything green and keep it killed for a long time." He immediately said, "Shredder." So I got a bottle of Shredder and sprayed it yesterday. When I came home from work today the weeds were already a nicely baked brown. The label claimed it would kill seeds in the ground too. We'll see in a few months.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on June 11, 2015, 07:29:52 PM
I just can't! I don't know why. They always either burn or are not done. Even when I watch them the entire time.

I have a hard time with from scratch cookies too Melbs.
A lot of them want room temp ingredients. Or want you to chill for several hours and I'm impatient therefore they dont turnout right.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Nope. You're there. But it's probably just as well. You don't want to be here. The air conditioning system can't seem to keep up with the heat dispersal required for comfort.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

sunlight

I am at work... Next week is crusaders camp... I wish I could borrow a few of you guys to come help me.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

If it's anything like children's church, I'm there!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I'm enjoying my time off. Mowed the yard- again, it seems like it's hit overdrive- and puttered around a bit. Oh, and Lou may have sold her car. it'll be Monday before we know if the girl can get the loan. Don't have a clue as to what we will drive. May buy what we really want, may decide to just buy a beater for a while and enjoy not having a payment...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Had a brief shower here too, which was to be expected as it came through within 30 minutes of me spending $10 cleaning and detailing the 'vette. Ran into my sisters at Walmart for the first time in months. Conversation turned to church and I extracted the promise that they would try to come Sunday or Wednesday a week....They were raised in church as was I, but have been out for 30+ years. I know God's dealing with them though, and the foundation my Mama laid will not let them go easily..

MsJennJenn

Same here. Went to Taste of Dallas tonight. 70+ restaurants and food trucks. It was raining slightly when we got there. But thankfully stopped soon after.

But Taste of Dallas was awesome. I had a corn on cob, an amazing street taco, steak on a stick (Texas de Brazil), salsa & queso, mango on a stick, avocado fries, sweet potato fries and a funnel cake. They had to roll me home.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Mary had a little lamb
Some lobster and some prunes
A chocolate shake, a slice of pie
And then some macaroons
It made the waiters shake their heads
To see her order so
And when they carried Mary out
Her face was white as snow

Seriously though, that sounds like a wonderful thing, Taste of Dallas. Glad you enjoyed it and I wish I could have been there.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Me too. I'm a big girl and I know how to eat. Lately I've been wanting something different, so all those different food vendors sounds lovely.

MsJennJenn

There's always a food truck event happening somewhere in the metroplex. Those are continual, especially once summer hits. But l love my metropolitan. It's crazy and soo many people. But there's always something to do. Especially when it comes to food. I mean we have cupcake ATM's for goodness sake. Lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MelodyB

MsJennJenn

lol we have a high-end cupcake brand here called "Sprinkles". they have several "cupcake ATM's" in Dallas.

http://www.sprinkles.com/cupcake-atm

-Alexander Den Heijer-