News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Over 24 hours since  a post?!? What's a matter with you nuts? I've been busy. Cleaning yards, trimming trees, dodging  rain drops.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

HeatherB: the only thing better would be if there was a donut shop on the six block walk to work. Or an ice cream shop.

Bob: you just listed the reasons that I have not posted in that length of time.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Me too. Choir clinic all weekend with Bro Aaron Curtis from TN.  :speech:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Quote from: Lynx on June 06, 2015, 09:37:46 PM
HeatherB: the only thing better would be if there was a donut shop on the six block walk to work. Or an ice cream shop.

Bob: you just listed the reasons that I have not posted in that length of time.

Krispy Kreme is across the road from the AZ he's transferring to.

I'm tired.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Well there you go! He now has a life as close to perfect as it gets down here on earth. A good wife, a workplace within walking distance and a donut shop on the way to work.  :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:stupid: Hard to argue with that..
And in sharing, I'm back at work for the Sunday duty before my thirteen days off. :P And in further sharing, the world has one less fluffy cottontailed bunny in it this morning. It committed suicide by zigging when it shoulda zagged, right in front of a one foot wide Corvette tire rolling along at 60 mph( in third gear, I was on the way UP the speedometer dial). It exacted revenge, though- stupid thing tore my air dam loose in two spots. If it weren't dead I'd kill it for inflicting pain upon my Corvette. :mad:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 07, 2015, 12:59:59 PM
Watch your cussing there, Copper. :nono:

:hypocrite:
:pound: :pound: *Scowl* Keep on accusing me, and I'll do to you what I did to that Wabbit... :freaky2:
And where's everyone at? **Whine**
I'm officially on vacation until the 21st. And of course, we have a smattering of rain in the forecast within the week. :-(

MelodyB

Clear skies here, you could always come back for a visit...The Shed is waiting. ;)

And you never got to try Bozos...

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on June 08, 2015, 02:44:35 AM
Clear skies here, you could always come back for a visit...The Shed is waiting. ;)

And you never got to try Bozos...
:drool: The Shed...
Sadly, Lou has to work. So no trip..

MelodyB

Funny I mentioned The Shed...then I look at FB and it's on one of the top ten places to eat in MS. Number 2 even. :fork:

https://www.facebook.com/freda.hall.90/posts/10205998861323207

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Today is my last day having to pull double duty!! and Wednesday will be my last shift at AZ!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Mel- if what we ate was an example, I'm surprised it was not number one. Absolutely one of the best places we ate on that vacation. :fork: Oh, and Book of Sharing ahead....
It's been a busy, but a good day. Chey and I got up around 8:30 and loaded up in Rusty. Mini had mentioned a waterfall north of Russellville he'd found online, and I'd never heard of it, so I set out to find it. After a drive to Russellville (30 minutes) another drive north of Russellville, (45 minutes) then 15 minutes east, then 5 miles down a dirt road, we found it. Absolutely beautiful, although short. A Ozark Mountain spring fed creek flowed swiftly, then tumbled over a 10 to 15 foot drop into a crystal clear pool between 50 to a 100 feet in circumference and about 5 foot deep at its deepest. Made for a perfect swimming hole, and even had a tree limb with a rope swing for swinging out over the falls.  :thumbsup2:
We hadn't brought Chey's swimming clothes, but since it was just us, I let her strip down to panties and t shirt and dive in. After she splashed and played for an hour or so, we loaded back up and hit the road. Spent the rest of the day running back roads and found ourselves over halfway to Branson, Missouri. :o
We turned back though, and headed for home, stopping at a ghost town for pics, then in a small country town for pics by a vintage CocaCola sign painted on a wall.
On the way home, we watched a lady on the motorcycle in front of us have a blow out, stopped and gave her and her husband a hand, then came home, where we stopped at our little general store and found that they had received an order of REAL CANE SUGAR GLASS BOTTLED DR.PEPPER! :clap: :clap2: I bought all they had  but 5 bottles  that were in the cooler. No sense being greedy . :hypocrite:
Then, I came home, and while Chey played at a friend's house, I fixed the loose shingles, mowed the yard, and loaded the trailer full of aluminum and other metal to haul to the junkyard tomorrow. I'm whupped.
After I make the junkyard run tomorrow, I am gonna do nothing more strenuous than working on a message for Wednesday night.

Lynx

In my sharing today: as a result of working six days a week for months now, I ran out of bread some time last week. The manager in charge of scheduling acted like giving me tomorrow off was a feat rivaled only by the trials of Hercules, but I got tomorrow off for the specific purpose of making bread.

Right now the whole house smells like eggs. And vinegar. I pickled more than 8 dozen. Dad was in from Kentucky for a blood drive right here in our little town so I sent a good 4 dozen home with him. Uncle Fred and I will have the rest gone in no time. I figured out if you bring the vinegar and whatever to a boil and put the eggs in while it's hot you get pickled eggs a lot faster than if you put the eggs in cold vinegar and whatever and let it sit in the fridge for a few weeks.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 09, 2015, 01:33:49 PM
:couch:
Come out from behind that couch.. :pound: :pound: See, good reasons one should always pull out the couch and clean behind it. Fuzz and other undesirables always like to hide there. :ugly:

Got up, hauled the scrap off and netted nearly $50 for my troubles. I am happy. Yard is cleaner and I have money mama don't know about.   :freaky2:
Now we are at the library. And, I have gotten disgusted with my dial up which is getting slower, and they are charging more for it. So I made a call today and tomorrow we are getting satellite internet. Just as cheap, but faster. And if it storms, I'll just read a book.

MsJennJenn

I never clean behind the couch. lol unless I'm rearranging the furniture.

Wait....they still have dial-up?  :laughhard:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 09, 2015, 04:01:15 PM
I never clean behind the couch. lol unless I'm rearranging the furniture.

Wait....they still have dial-up?  :laughhard:
LOL. The guy I spoke to in order to get the new internet told me I was only the 2nd person in ten years to tell him I had dialup. :lol:
That's why I spend so much time online- at a whopping 26 kpbs, I'm waiting for the pages to load, and any pic or video is almost guaranteed a no go. Strangely, the new speedy internet will probably reduce the amount of time I spend online.  :ugly:

MsJennJenn

I think I might die if my internet was that slow.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I was so happy when I changed to cable internet recently. :D  When they first put cable in my neighborhood you could only get the internet with a TV cable pkg but now I can just buy the internet pkg. :)

MelodyB

Mom wants cable, and I want internet.

I have been limited to just internet on my iPhone for several years now. Except the 9 months I spent in FL with my cousin and they had wifi. That was nice.

Our blue ray players have wifi compatibilities so if we do get internet, I WILL be subscribing to netflix. Yes Lord. I miss me some Netflix. I have it on my phone, using an app and my cousins subcription...but my data package "unlimited" means just a mere 2.5gigs. Not enough to even bother loading netflix. That's like getting only 30 minutes of YouTube videos. Nada. Ugh.

I blow thru my data pretty quickly most months.

It's stupid.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

And I now have higher speed internet. I can actually look at pictures! :lol: Sadly, I have to work on tonight's sermon rather than play online- much.