News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Middle of my work shifts. I did make the decision to put in my official 2 weeks at the AutoZone so my last day is June 17. Lets hope this will be my last time working there. Of course I said that the LAST time......
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MelodyB

I'm sitting out on the patio. Is a beautiful day...it has been non stop beautiful days for about two weeks now. Awesome.

And I love my patio. My plants, the sunshine, the nice neighbors, just everything!

My tomatoes have sprouted and growing every day! I'm really happy about that! Just waiting on the watermelon to grow. :fork:

Knut likes it out on the patio too.

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Had a thesis statement/question + background on the topic I choose for my History class due Sunday night at 11pm. Got home around 10:15ish...turned it at 10:55pm. He graded it already = 100%. BOOM.

Where is everyone?! No one's posted since Melbsy did at TWO pm yesterday. Come on peopleeeee! :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm working.  First of the month. Doing billing.

MelodyB

I've been sick today. My tummy hates me apparently and I'm just dizzy and sleepy. So I've been resting and dozing off and on between battles with my tummy. :smirk2:

I want to go sit on the porch but i would have to get dressed and at least brush my hair. Too many neighbors walking around to be looking like I do in public. Lol

Heather

Worked a double yesterday. Had Brandon bring me his car so I could take my coworker home. She rides her bike and it was a monsoon yesterday. If it continues to rain this evening I'm going back at 8 to take her and Marcus home [he walks everywhere]. No need for either of them to catch their deaths.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MelodyB on June 02, 2015, 09:00:07 PM
I've been sick today. My tummy hates me apparently and I'm just dizzy and sleepy. So I've been resting and dozing off and on between battles with my tummy. :smirk2:

I want to go sit on the porch but i would have to get dressed and at least brush my hair. Too many neighbors walking around to be looking like I do in public. Lol
We've been having some tummy issues at my house, too.

Roscoe

Got a small stye on my left lower eyelid. Just enough to be annoying. Trying all the old remedies Lou has suggested, which includes holding a hot tea bag on my eyelid....that and the stye salve.I suspect I'll wind up with a Dr's visit though. :sadbounce:
Other than that- normal day here. It was beautiful, so when I got home, I replaced Rusty's serpentine belt, then took him for a ride around the area. All in all- a good evening.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

mini

That condition was present long before your work situation.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Only 4 more work shifts at the AZ. Wahoo!!!!

Housecleaning this afternoon then church this evening.

Roscoe

Wow. Everybody's gotten way too quiet. Apparently more than me are busy....If I can make it through tomorrow, it is vacation time...:clap:. Well, except for Sunday, but since we don't do much on Sunday, that doesn't count.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

I've been sick for the last week and this is the longest time I have ever called in sick! I'm ready to be healthy again.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Last night was the first night in the 2.5 weeks we've lived here that I slept the entire night in our bed without waking up constantly. Thank ya Jesus!!

Work, then to Bristol for a funeral. It seems like I'm going to these weekly. It's depressing.

Roscoe

Aw....I'm sowwy you've been sick. That's never fun.
And in sharing...it's my Friday.  Sadly it is also "Girl's State " which mean I will have 900 screaming  teen girls here -"OMG!" "Can you believe it?!?" *squeal*. -....bah. I need earplugs just thinking about it.

sunlight

Roscoe- ever eaten at Morrilton drive in? Or in mena at the chopping block steakhouse? Or in arkadelphia at the hamburger barn?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on June 04, 2015, 05:57:57 PM
Roscoe- ever eaten at Morrilton drive in? Or in mena at the chopping block steakhouse? Or in arkadelphia at the hamburger barn?
Grew up eating at the Morrilton Drive In. Used to have one of the most awesome BBQ sandwiches known to man. Sadly, they have changed some things. We ate there for Chey's school graduation, but it wasn't all that and it cost nearly $40 for the three of us. They do have a good fried shrimp plate though...
The other two, no, I haven't .

MelodyB

Planted another tomato plant/seed pod.

I used the miracle grow seed pods for the watermelons and got sprouts in three days. So I'm trying a cherry tomato pod for this new pot. I really like this container garden thing. I just wish it would hurry an produce fruit! I'm very impatient!

Other than that I've been quiet cause there isn't much to say. I stay home with mom and look after her. I'm controlling all her meds now so she doesn't OD again. She is down to THREE pain pills a day. That is a HUGE step for her since she was taking up to 9-10 a day for YEARS. And she is actually getting up and doing things some too. That's also huge for her. She isn't laying in bed 24-7 like always. I've been pushing her a lot to get up and get moving. Next weeks goal is we are getting her into the pool for some water excersize.

That's pretty much it. Church tonight. Oh, and it's dad's birthday today. I think mom forgot and I haven't mentioned it to her. I made a dump cake for us in honor of his day, but mom hasn't realized why I did it yet. I'm not gonna tell her. She dwells on his death too much lately anyway. I try not to remind her if I can help it.

MsJennJenn

Proud of you Melbs! I know your parent situation hasn't always been ideal. But you're still there, and your reward in Heaven is that much bigger I just know it! :hug:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Shew.
I is tarred. Made it through the day and got home. Bro Wilson mentioned last night that he needed a hand replacing a toilet at the church tomorrow, and since we'd be there, we needed to weedeat the ditch in front of the church and mow. Not wanting to spend all day tomorrow sweating, I went up town tonight, mowed, and weedeated. Now I am whipped...got way to hot. But at least that is done and I don't have to worry about doing it tomorrow, or worse, Bro Wilson trying to help out and overdoing it, thereby hurting himself.

Lynx

Worked 11.5 hours at work today. About half an hour before I was supposed to leave we found out someone who was supposed to be there tonight called and said she quit. Well gee thanks...

On the way home I stopped by the house of a guy I didn't know (friend of a friend) to look at his computer. He thought I'd have to wipe out Windows and replace it, but his problem was Internet Explorer. He didn't know you could use a browser to go to different places. All he knew was click on the yahoo icon on the desktop and you get yahoo. So I set him up three new shortcuts (yahoo, ebay and craigslist) that invoke a different browser, to replace the three old shortcuts that invoke IE. Actually the new shortcuts use Chrome because it was already there and it was late and I was tired and I didn't want to download and install Firefox on his really slow computer.

I tried to tell him I didn't really do anything all that great but he still thinks I'm a genius. I can live with that.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

Now I'm down to only 2 shifts at AZ. Due to crazy circumstances my last day got bumped up to the 10th. Keva is firing the other new person. Originally they were going to cut him to only 2-3 days, but he frankly is not the brightest bulb in the box and will be let go as of noon today. Oh and the 2 full-time employees have both asked off for time in the next few weeks. We run with only 5-6 employees as it is, so yea.

Also on the job front Brandon has found a position to transfer into. Instead of a 45 minute commute he will be working 6 blocks away and is being promoted to a management spot.