News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

Come on in, Take Some Time, Tell Us Things, Sharing 499

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 05, 2015, 02:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

My kiddos are flying this way! :clap: I'm soooo ready to see them.:D

Heather

I'm getting pretty much no summer aide so I guess it's going to be a summer of working and no school. Sad because I had a work study job lined up but I can't work study if I'm no enrolled in classes. Boo!

Stayed at my parents last night since I don't go in til noon.

*HUGS* to Mel today.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Been praying for Mel today here too....
And in sharing, I've made it nearly to another weekend. Gotta teach Bible study tonight- on the 3rd chapter of 1 Peter. Judging from some of my notes, I'll make no one pleased with me. And tonight is, truthfully, a night when my physical being wants to simply veg out.
They are calling for potential storms tomorrow too..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

went by the smoothie joint i applied at. the co-owner asked me when i'll be available for an interview next week and wanted to verify that i'm ready to give my 2 weeks notice at the AZ.  :clap: :clap: :clap:

thank you Jesus!!!!!

Lynx

Smoothie place?

*Lynx goes on alert

A smoothie place would be a very bad place for me to work. Any money I made there, I would promptly spend on smoothies.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

So thankful the kiddos made it here safe & sound. They were really tired & the littlest ones were fussy, but they're here. :bigcheese:

Roscoe

Yay for Fuzzy Beastie. Good morning, all. Back at work. Glad it is my Friday.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Assuredbyfaith

In other news... *trying not to feel so hopeless and overwhelmed*  Hmmm! Never mind...sometimes it's better not to think about the struggles you are going through...trying to count my blessings; which are many!  God is supposed to be able to use your brokenness for His good...I'm not sure I have been much use lately! Although, in the past two months several people that I have been inviting to church finally visited; some are still coming and now bringing along other family members!!! One of them I have been inviting for over two years; he is talking about coming back...hesitantly! Please keep them in prayer...there are so many preconceived notions about God and the bible...that some people never see what's right in front of them! Their minds made up...not willing to change; or give any thing up!!!

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Heather

the 'cramming everything in at the last of the semester' work has started in school. I wish I had more wedding things done that would make my life easier but alas. At least I'll be so busy that I won't stress [in theory anyway....]

5 weeks!!

The Purple Fuzzy

I took off the rest of the week to be with the kiddos. :bigcheese:

Lynx

*deep breath

AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRGH!!!!!!

Wednesday night the pastor mentioned the computer he used in his office seemed to have developed a problem. Standard web browser hijacker, started with an obviously fake invitation to update java, when he got tired of seeing it he finally clicked on it, now his browser takes him to mostly advertisement sites.

"What antivirus are you using?"

"Well it had um... what was that called... McAffee, but it was a trial version."

*Lynx goes off to resume beating his head against the wall.

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

It's actually kind of soothing.

Thud.

Thud.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Actually I've been using Linux for online stuff for so long that I'm a bit out of touch. I had to run a few searches for good free antiviruses. Seems Malwarebytes and Bitdefender are the best free ones out there.

"We have free, effective and pretty. Pick any two. Free pretty ones won't be effective. Effective pretty ones won't be free. And effective free ones won't be pretty."
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I don't have any antivirus on my Mac. I don't need it.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

SippinTea

*throws chocolate at Isaac in an attempt to soothe the poor agitated soul*

Yeah, we use Avast, too.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

I have my interview Wednesday morning for the smoothie shop!!!!!

Got some of my homework done last night. Considering taking tonight off to go to revival service at a friends church. Tomorrow I have to work then go to a friends wedding.

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 10, 2015, 02:20:00 PM
I don't have any antivirus on my Mac. I don't need it.
*Lynx makes a note to mess up someone's Mac later tonight. "Macs don't get viruses" is the best thing that ever happened to virus writers. Might be a virus maker who started that rumor...

Actually it's technically possible for even a Linux computer to get a virus. But the user has to be really, really stupid to make it happen. In Windows you can get a virus just by inserting an infected flash drive. In Linux (and to a certain extent in Mac) you have to get out and push to make a virus wreck your computer.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I use MalwareBytes on one of my laptops....on the other, I'm enjoying a 30 day free trial of AVG2015 paid version. When it expires next week, I'll probably switch to MalwareBytes on it..
And in sharing today was beautiful. I drove Rusty in this morning to take Chey to school, enjoyed breakfast with an old friend, went by the church because I was feeling like the worst kind of sinner...and wow, did I ever find God there.
  In all of my life living in and around church, I have never felt the love and closeness of God in the way I did this morning. For some reason it seemed like He just wrapped His arms around me and wouldn't let go. Amazing feeling of peace and comfort. I'm still blown away by it. For a bit, I just sat on the front pew, not saying anything, not praying- just basking in what I know was real. If I could bottle that up and distribute it worldwide, there would never be another atheist.
After tearing away from that moment, I went by Walmart and bought mulch, then came home and worked on the landscaping a bit, before taking the Corvette to pick Chey up so she could impress her older boyfriends with "her" Corvette. :lol:
I'm wore to a frazzle...and have even more outside work to do tomorrow.

Roscoe

It is nearly one am and I'm still up. Out of boredom I check the FCC's website and discover that Mini's callsign has came through- if I remember right, FCC uploads at midnight. So now I have knowledge he has been waiting for, and obviously he's sleeping like most folk are. So he doesn't know that his callsign is KG5GYE, and I can't tell him yet.
I'm actually kinda enjoying the gloating and consider seeing if he will 1) check here and see this message this am or 2) look tomorrow sometime later.... :lol:

mini

You stole my thunder. 

:ugly:

The funny thing is I got home around then and could have checked (did check qrz) but went to sleep instead. 
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Just got up and discovered I've been robbed. A note on the bar tells me my bride took 1) a check so she could buy some shoes she's been wanting and 2) my cash to buy breakfast.  :o It's robbery plain and simple. :pound:

Lynx

On the bright side you are cool in your daughter's eyes because of the car.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 11, 2015, 06:33:20 PM
On the bright side you are cool in your daughter's eyes because of the car.
I was cool in the daughter's eyes already, because I am cool.  :hypocrite:
Well, that, and we've had a Corvette  or other sporty car and an old truck that draws folks like flies to syrup all of her life. If I ever started driving just "normal" autos, she wouldn't know what to think. And neither would I....:lol: We've enjoyed riding around a bit today, and doing yardwork, and I started and moved the Stude for the first time in months...beautiful day out.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lord.  Morning again.  I'm at work, it's raining, and half the crew is on vacation or called in sick. I should have joined them.:lol: