News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Don't Tempt Fate- Post,Post,Post, in Sharing 498!!

Started by Roscoe, February 13, 2015, 02:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Again I wake up and there's snow on the ground... and on the trees... and on the roads... learning to drive in northeast TN makes me very popular at work, because I'm one of the few who will actually show up.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

No snow this way.  We missed any of the ice or snow from this cold front.

MsJennJenn

Supposed to be 60 degrees by the afternoon here. Praise the Lord.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

It feels like the upper twenties here, or colder. :pound:
Oh, and BTW Isaac, I am just as antisocial and grumpy as Seth. I just hide it better most days. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on February 18, 2015, 05:50:17 PM

Oh, and BTW Isaac, I am just as antisocial and grumpy as Seth.

we would never question this. :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Quote from: Lynx on February 18, 2015, 02:02:29 PM
Again I wake up and there's snow on the ground... and on the trees... and on the roads... learning to drive in northeast TN makes me very popular at work, because I'm one of the few who will actually show up.

Sadly it's been so long since we've had decent snow the younger generation around here is pitifully lacking in their driving skills.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Yeah, well... we didn't get a decent snow here either.  The road looked white on my backroad, but the highways were clear. Only one person called in at work.  In fact labor cost was so high they had two people cover a three person job while I did stocking and cleanup stuff and went home about forty minutes early. 

Not the day I was anticipating.  But I had other stuff to get done, so no complaints.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

SippinTea

So weird. We're having 55+ weather, and the majority of the rest of the country is apparently snowed in. Such a switch. lol

Chelbertina, is life slowing down at all yet? :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Assuredbyfaith

No snow here...probably won't see any this winter! 😢 

Note to self: When you don't have a spoon and your trying to stir your coffee up by shaking the cup; make sure the lid is on!!!!! 😣😩😢😱
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

Stir it with your finger?  Sure it would be hot but you get burned less than if you shake it.

So I woke up after five hours of sleep and couldn't get back to sleep.  And we have a corporate inspection today.  Fortunately I have my Moser Roth 85% cocoa.  BRING IT ON!
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm at work. So ready for my supervisor to get back from China.

SippinTea

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 19, 2015, 08:56:00 AM

Note to self: When you don't have a spoon and your trying to stir your coffee up by shaking the cup; make sure the lid is on!!!!! 😣😩😢😱

You mean I'm not the only one who has tried this brilliant trick?? Amazing. :lol:

Laying low today. Baby boy is letting his mama know that he's not happy with the state of affairs, and that I'd better stay off my feet. Pretty sure I do NOT want to go into labor at 21 weeks. :o

Bella is currently eating food remains under the dining room table. Umm... I'm not sure what's worse... I'm apparently not feeding her enough??... or the condition of the floor??  :roll: :P

Heather

We are currently at our high of 9 degrees. Windchill is below zero. They have warned everyone to be layered as much as possible going out. Frostbite is a serious threat right now. All the schools have been out due to snow at the beginning of the week and now because of temp and ice. I'm housesitting and even looking down at the lake parts of it is frozen. Of course they have it very low right now trying to find a seepage problem at the dam.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 19, 2015, 12:34:57 PM
Stir it with your finger?  Sure it would be hot but you get burned less than if you shake it.

It actually missed me...it just spilled all over my phone, wallet, and car! 😒  Stirring with your finger is assured pain  :noo: ; shake and stir is a risk...a high risk; but you still have a chance of not burning!!! 😉
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: SippinTea on February 19, 2015, 09:53:58 PM
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 19, 2015, 08:56:00 AM

You mean I'm not the only one who has tried this brilliant trick?? Amazing. :lol:

LOL   What can I say? It was a brilliant night...I thought I would be amazing! A risk taker!!! 😉

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: HeatherB on February 19, 2015, 10:32:28 PM
We are currently at our high of 9 degrees. Windchill is below zero. They have warned everyone to be layered as much as possible going out. Frostbite is a serious threat right now. All the schools have been out due to snow at the beginning of the week and now because of temp and ice. I'm housesitting and even looking down at the lake parts of it is frozen. Of course they have it very low right now trying to find a seepage problem at the dam.

Brrr... So thankful I don't live there!!! I like snow; but I don't like to be froze to death!!  :o

Assuredbyfaith

An actual prayer that I prayed tonight at work: "OHhhh Lord, please don't let me be that person"!!!

:o

You know those people who only think of themselves, their own troubles, their own attributes, their own struggles...how everything around them, or happening around them; relates to them! Yes, we are all human; and we all take on the wrong attitudes at times; say the wrong things...! I know I have my moments!!

However, "Lord, help me"!!! ;)

Micah 6:8

He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

FYI, this wasn't because I spent the whole night thinking that the world revolved around me...I spent the night listening to complaints from people who do!!! 😔

Assuredbyfaith

Hebrews Chapter 12:
14 Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;

Romans 12:

16 Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits.

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

18 If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: Howdy.  I'm at work.  It drizzling out there this morning.  Supposed to get in the 70s tomorrow then drop to the 20s on Monday.  Up, down, up, down...

MsJennJenn

Tacos tacos yummy yummy tacos. I ate tacos for lunch, from Fuzzy's Taco Shop. Delisssh.
I could eat tacos every day!

Now I'm tending - ok not really - many many fires at work. :pullhair:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Quote from: SippinTea on February 19, 2015, 05:05:23 AM
So weird. We're having 55+ weather, and the majority of the rest of the country is apparently snowed in. Such a switch. lol

Chelbertina, is life slowing down at all yet? :)

Not a bit. Faster instead. How many weeks are you right now?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

About 21 weeks. Give or take.

If anyone around here is really amazing at geometry and algebra, feel free to become a tutor for both my boys. :updown:

Chseeads

:smirk2:

I'm over this weather.  Far far over it.

I'm over a great many a thing, actually.

SippinTea

Are you over your bird brains? Or is business still going reasonably well?

Lynx

I don't know if anyone can be amazing at geometry and algebra, but I'm pretty good at it.  The commute would be a killer though.

Howdy y'all.  We have had fun this last week but the weather forecast says it will all go away today.  High supposed to be 53, which is a sure snow killer. Ah well.
"Do you sing at church?"