Main Menu

The best...why?

Started by Assuredbyfaith, January 12, 2015, 04:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on February 06, 2015, 04:58:56 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on February 06, 2015, 04:36:54 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on February 06, 2015, 03:35:39 PM
:pound: I only want to TALK to people, not see 'em. I'll keep the odor if it keeps idiots away. *grump*
Fine me and Mini will drive past you for future meetups.
I can't believe you consider yourself and Mini as idiots. I would NEVER have considered that of you..:hypocrite:
I consider us people AND YOU " I only want to TALK to people, not see 'em."!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

It's getting deep in here. Better get out the hip boots.

And why do y'all never have a meetup here?  We have lots better places than the cracker barrel I met taco at before. But you folks keep passing good ole Tennessee by.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on February 07, 2015, 11:35:34 AM
It's getting deep in here. Better get out the hip boots.

And why do y'all never have a meetup here?  We have lots better places than the cracker barrel I met taco at before. But you folks keep passing good ole Tennessee by.
Cause the meet-up is usually where one of us is preaching recently. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

OK, Assuredbyfaith, where did you disappear to?

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 10, 2015, 10:16:52 PM
OK, Assuredbyfaith, where did you disappear to?

I'm here...just some what worn out and quiet! Work is trying to kill me before I make it to my three day weekend!!! 😐
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 07, 2015, 11:35:34 AM

I'm actually thinking of heading that way this summer or possibly the end of march! What are some good scenic areas? Drives? With the exception of Memphis...I don't want to go there again! 😐
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Lynx

No, you don't want to go to or through Memphis.  Some places you don't even want to stop for gas.

Natchez Trace is a nice scenic north-south route. Speed limit 50mph and do NOT go one mile per hour over.

Shiloh park has some scenic drives and trails if you're into war history. Or if you're not, just ignore the history markers and enjoy the view.

Interstate 40 has a marvelous view just outside of Crossville (east TN) where the interstate goes around the side of a mountain and a whole city is spread out before you.  Also beautiful at night.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 11, 2015, 02:42:06 PM
No, you don't want to go to or through Memphis.  Some places you don't even want to stop for gas.

Natchez Trace is a nice scenic north-south route. Speed limit 50mph and do NOT go one mile per hour over.

Shiloh park has some scenic drives and trails if you're into war history. Or if you're not, just ignore the history markers and enjoy the view.

Interstate 40 has a marvelous view just outside of Crossville (east TN) where the interstate goes around the side of a mountain and a whole city is spread out before you.  Also beautiful at night.

I wanted to do the Natchez Trace scenic route last time I went through there...however, the friend I was traveling with wanted to see Memphis...barely made it out of there alive! 😐   

The Purple Fuzzy

Natchez Trace is nice but a pain when you're in a hurry.

Assuredbyfaith

Does the Natchez Trace scenic route have hiking trails? I thought I seen some in a guidebook? Looked really pretty with heavily wooded areas and Azaleas in bloom!!! ? 

Lynx

It can be very pretty, at any time of year. Just make sure you have plenty of time to go wherever you're going.
"Do you sing at church?"

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on January 27, 2015, 11:43:21 PM
I second what JenN said.  Why does that kind of exciting stuff never happen to me?  I've never had a stalker.

A guy whom I am slightly acquainted with from a previous employment; randomly posted a recent picture of me on his FB yesterday?

I am not friends with him; and rarely talk to, or see him(he lives in another state)!  :o  :-\ 

I don't need excitement in my life....😲