News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I'm sure electricity loss is just a few months around the corner for us. Bah. I hate winter.
And in sharing- it's october, it's cool outside this morning- that means it is baking time. Am experimenting with raspberry creme cheese sweet rolls, got the dough rising now. I shall see if they are edible or go in the no more experiments file.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And at the risk of being accused of flooding the board.....I just noticed that, around 10 am on this day, 2010, you folks received a wonderous blessing, when I signed up for this board.:hypocrite: Doubtless I have improved the level of intelligent conversation here. :hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Pfft.... :roll:

It was 61 when I left this morning - glorious weather. Too bad it's back in the 80's now.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

Had a fun morning at the King's farm this morning. They allowed me on the farm to take pictures and ask questions for a presentation I have to give at school. It's for my Environmental Anthropology class. Most people are doing sad stories about soil and water pollution. I decided to do a more cheerful story and who would pass up a chance to hang with the Kings? Sis Barbara is the sweetest woman on the planet.

Now to do homework and head to youth service this evening.

And it's 8 days til vacation!!!!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2014, 04:27:36 PM
Am experimenting with raspberry creme cheese sweet rolls, got the dough rising now. I shall see if they are edible or go in the no more experiments file.....
So, how'd it turn out?  Sounds good.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2014, 06:03:52 PM
And at the risk of being accused of flooding the board.....I just noticed that, around 10 am on this day, 2010, you folks received a wonderous blessing, when I signed up for this board.:hypocrite: Doubtless I have improved the level of intelligent conversation here. :hypocrite:
We're most definitely glad that you are here to liven things up.

Chseeads

I guess we're glad for Roscoe...though it pains us all to say so. :P

I want to go crawl in a hole and hibernate somewhere for several years. 

But, instead, I'm eating a bean bowl after I did poop and one tiny card thing and a bunch of errands. 

Gotta get ready for church in a little while to go to Orleans. 

:smirk2:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 03, 2014, 08:01:16 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2014, 04:27:36 PM
Am experimenting with raspberry creme cheese sweet rolls, got the dough rising now. I shall see if they are edible or go in the no more experiments file.....
So, how'd it turn out?  Sounds good.
Well, they were messy to put together. I made the filling out of raspberry perserves and cream cheese, softened with just a bit of sugar...but I went and added a little milk, which made the filling too thin. Even so, after getting them rolled and baked, they were delicious. I wouldn't imagine them in a magazine appearance wise, but taste was perfect........If I leave the milk out next time, I expect they would be perfect. Also, instead of mixing the preserves and softened cream cheese, I think I'll apply the preserves directly, then just cut up the cream cheese in blocks and spread it on the dough before rolling. I expect that would do nicely. I was flying completely off of my own little brain which is dangerous. :laughhard:

Chseeads

Yes, that sounds like a disaster looking for a place to happen.