News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We See What Car Roscoe Will Test Drive in Sharing 495

Started by mini, August 02, 2014, 01:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 05, 2014, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: Newsman on August 05, 2014, 09:26:27 AM
I had to bless Lady Jenn for her wisdom related to the Tall-And-Not-At-All-Tall-Twins  :)

And I then blessed you for blessing me Sir John! :clap:
A mutual blessing society.

Howdy, y'all!

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Chseeads

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on August 05, 2014, 02:46:57 PM
Howdy!
Sorry Chel but the term "howdy" is copyrighted, trademarked, licensed (and a lot of other really restrictive stuff) by the state of Tennessee.  Only TN natives may use the term freely.  All others must apply for a permit. 

The same restrictions apply to "y'all."  These permits are to ensure that the terms are used correctly by foreigners.  And while "howdy" is not often used incorrectly, I can't even count the number of times I've heard "y'all" used in reference to one person, or seen it spelled "ya'll" or some other egregious misuse of the term.

Please submit a permit application to the Tennessee Board of Linguistics.  There will be a nominal $3 charge (just enough to keep the office lights on, truth be known) and you will have to complete a small test to make sure you know how to use the terms correctly.  :contract:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 05, 2014, 01:15:38 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 05, 2014, 12:30:23 PM
Quote from: Newsman on August 05, 2014, 09:26:27 AM
I had to bless Lady Jenn for her wisdom related to the Tall-And-Not-At-All-Tall-Twins  :)

And I then blessed you for blessing me Sir John! :clap:
A mutual blessing society.
...of which I am NOT a member, since I smote every one of those meanies that were patting each other on the back for outdoing each other mistreating me. :hypocrite:

They STILL have not looked at the Lincoln. I'm ticked, but have no choice but to bite my tongue and wait on them. They are the only ford dealer for 30 miles or so. :mad:
I spent all evening cleaning out the shop. I'm wore out, but it looks much better. Little by little, I am reclaiming my homestead from the clutter and disorganization that has stolen it over the past few years.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

And all that work will probably make the doctor's scales... er... be more truthful too.   :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 06, 2014, 01:58:51 AM
And all that work will probably make the doctor's scales... er... be more truthful too.   :hypocrite:
I doubt it. They appear to be a serial liar.  :laughhard:
Besides, Cheyenne is about to wear out the EasyBake oven she got for her birthday, and she is only happy when I am eating those quarter size cookies. I'm probably eating 1,000 calories a day of just her "cooking".  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I remember when my sister got one of those easy-bake ovens.  I was so disappointed it didn't get hot enough to cook real recipes...

Look on the bright side, at least she can't bake you a batch of brownies in it. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Newsman

Thanks, Lady Jenn!  :thumbsup2:

Isaac, I didn't make it over. urg. there was at least one Tennessee lady I would like to have met that was going to be there.

I'm strangely tired at times the past few days, instead of just being strangely...

I might be in Conway AR Saturday...

The Purple Fuzzy

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, everyone is so chatty today that I'm not sure that I can keep up. :roll:

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Why, you mean ole biddy. I ain't done a thing to deserve that. :pound: :pound:
And  :pound: Mini for blaming me.
Innocent, loving, kind, generous, modest, handsome me. The very idea. I'm a picture of sainthood. :hypocrite:

I made it through the day. So stinking tired, I would love to stay home, but it is church night. Sigh. I hope I can keep my eyes open.:sadbounce:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on August 06, 2014, 11:12:01 PM
Innocent, loving, kind, generous, modest, handsome me. The very idea. I'm a picture of sainthood. :hypocrite:
* The Purple Fuzzy steps way back in case lightening strikes...

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
* The Purple Fuzzy steps way back in case lightening strikes...
:laughhard:
If it did, it obviously would be aimed at you for tormenting poor little me. :hypocrite:

Chseeads

Got some ducks in the mail today. 

Didn't do much of anything today aside from tend fowl, and take mom to a dermatologist appointment and such. 

She is currently in the throws of one of her sick spells....I hope it's just one of her usual things she seems to have every once in a while that hits her and then passes.  We don't need anything else in this poor nursing home of a house.

MelodyB

I am so tired...

Working today and tomorrow. I've worked all week so far...my paycheck will be another nice one... :freaky2:

Hopefully fishing on Saturday...try out my new lure. And Sunday I might go back to Panama City to hear bro Abernathy again. Just waiting on a decision from the lady I'll ride with.

Off to work I go.

A nap is definitely in my future...
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

At work. So tired it isn't funny. Thankful it's Friday for me. That is all

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Chseeads on August 07, 2014, 04:45:54 AM
That just seems so weird. I didn't even know you could mail stuff like that before seeing you mention it.

Lynx

Well... I'll give you the second, third and fourth.  But it's getting a bit deep in here.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 07, 2014, 12:03:23 PM
That just seems so weird. I didn't even know you could mail stuff like that before seeing you mention it.

Yea me either. How do you mail a live animal? Lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on August 07, 2014, 01:04:19 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on August 07, 2014, 12:03:23 PM

Yea me either. How do you mail a live animal? Lol
heck, in the early years of the postal service you could mail kids.....

Roscoe

I see no one is talking....so I'll share.  Got the Lincoln back. Apparently it simply burned a relay out. $16. Plus, of course, labor and trouble shooting, which brought the total to $160. MUCH better than my fears- Thank you, Lord. Went straight over to my friend's car lot and test drove a little S10 he has. It's older than the Lincoln, but half the miles and I know how to work on it. We are negotiating prices. I might trade with him.
Then I came home and mowed the yard. Tomorrow, I have two yards to mow, plus the library trip, plus picking up a few groceries in anticipation of guests.....:clap: Sadly, Lou has to work all weekend, but she will be home after 3pm... oh, and they are having "64 Galore" this weekend- 150+ miles of garage sales down the side of the highway....