News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Getting my foot in the door - starting early in SHARING 494

Started by Lynx, May 28, 2014, 02:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chseeads

Roscoe

My doctor evidently converted to Pentecost when he saw me. Went to speaking in tongues- "P90X, Nsanity,exercise, blah, blah, tipping point, blah blah....." Apparently completely unimpressed that my blood pressure was, I think, 120/90- nigh well perfect. No, he focuses on his lying, two bit scales, and all the lies they tell him. :mad:

Anyhow- general thought after he finished his sermon on the benefits of running when nothing is behind you, he conceded that I am in good physical health- "Right now". :pound:
So, I went right out, ate a donut, and am in the process of baking a raspberry cheesecake to go with the pork chops I am marinating. :P

Had the Lincoln towed to the Stealership for repairs, and found out that once more, Walmart passed Lou over, unblemished work history and ten years of service notwithstanding, and gave the promotion to a 4 year employee with NO management history. This is somewhere around the 5th time they've done her this way. I keep trying to focus on it being God's will, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is because she is Pentecostal- she is the only pentecostal lady working there. Her immediate supervisor, who strangely enough gets along with her, is Wiccan..
Beginning to wonder if we might need to speak with legal counsel. I don't want to, don't like it, but it's not fair for someone to be a dedicated employee with ZERO issues, good evaluations, and still get treated like the stuff on the bottom of Cheese's boots after a wet walk to the birdyard...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Now that response to a physical check up, that I can go for.
About the wiccan, we had a wiccan quality control where I used to work. Surprisingly we got along together rather well. The only way I found out she was, was when I mention Jesus, and she balled up in a knot.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

BroTrey

Thanks for the 'grats' ya'll!

Now for a downer... lol both my credit and debit cards somehow got copied and were used fraudulently.... Now for the slow-ish process of getting my money back (less than 240 was taken, so not too bad on that) however there is the long wait for getting new cards with new numbers.... :clap2:

I'm over it... it is help me fast LOL jkjk
Please disregard this post as it's contents are probably in error.

Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened. ~ Sir Winston Churchill

Newsman

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

Patootie.

I'm headed to work on my off day again. :thumbsup2: Then tomorrow it's a trip to Panama City for the weekend to hobnob with the Abernathys. :bigcheese:

That is all.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi: It's Friday.  It's misting outside with lots of clouds, so no balloons this morning. :(

sunlight

Do you know what's supposed to happen tonight? Any balloons?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

If it stays like it is now, I think they should have the balloon glow.  I haven't heard.

Another gal thought they won't put the balloons up if it's even sprinkling. So I don't know.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Did poop and cards and errands. 

Got to see Pleasant Andy and some of the nuthouse crew, they called for eggs. 

I'm eating a bean bowl.

Roscoe

Well. It was a good day, other than a minor computer scare... Got up having to do absolutely nothing, lazed around a bit, then went to town and had lunch with a couple of ham radio friends.
Then I came home and talked with a friend in Dyersburg ,Tennesee and one in Kansas for a bit, during the midst of which my computer scared me silly. It just blacked out and shut off, and wouldn't power up. Not a light on. I just knew it was history. Then on the way to dinner with the pastor- an absolute delight as usual- I googled the problem with the smartphone and found out the reset procedure. It worked! I am pleased....thank God for Google. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Ah young grasshopper, you have discovered the secret.  97% of tech support is effective use of google.
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Lawd. I am tarred. Been mowing, and cleaning. I went and got a haircut this morning. Really should go in and clean the house, as well as load up a trailer load of scrap metal....but I ain't gonna, I don't think. :P

The Purple Fuzzy

Just got the last batch of banana nut bread muffins out of the oven.

Roscoe

Yum. Sounds delish. I did a bit more, cleaning out the pole barn. Fired up the Studebaker for a few minutes, cleaned out the pole barn a bit- still much to do- and went on a putter around in Rusty. Fixing to go take a loooong hot bath while Mama and Chey aren't home. Thataway I won't get interrupted. :P

Lynx

That's one mini missed.  Will he find a taker to buy the Studebaker?
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on August 03, 2014, 02:32:31 AM
That's one mini missed.  Will he find a taker to buy the Studebaker?
:laughhard: Stude's in the same boat as Rusty. Won't be sold. Ever. Will be driven, probably quite a bit in the coming year.

And I'm back at work. Lord, it is hard to return to work after 3 days off....

Lynx

So assuming you ever made a trip east *cough cough* which vehicle in your fleet would you be most likely to drive?
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Speaking of reasons for making a trip... if any of y'all happen to be coming through west TN on August 29th, 30th and/or 31st (Friday, Saturday and the last Sunday of the month) we're having revival.  Friday and Saturday at 7pm, Sunday at 9:30am, lunch after Sunday morning service, no Sunday night service.
"Do you sing at church?"