News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ipad vs Tablet vs Notebook

Started by awilkes05, October 29, 2012, 08:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Either way, someone's selling technology they don't understand.  The Galaxy Tab works as a hotspot with Verizon, but I don't know about AT&T.  The Galaxy Tab has different versions - the GSM version has a sim card, others don't.  The HTC Evo 4 functions as a hotspot, but not all HTCs are an Evo 4.  Maybe when the rep was taking it upon herself to make sure it worked, she told them the wrong model to look up.

But anyway... did you finally get what you wanted working the way you wanted it to work?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

awilkes05

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 04, 2012, 07:34:05 PM
Maybe when the rep was taking it upon herself to make sure it worked, she told them the wrong model to look up.
Good point.

QuoteBut anyway... did you finally get what you wanted working the way you wanted it to work?

I sure hope so! Our phones are supposedly on our doorsteps waiting now. These are Galaxy 3s that were "overnighted" to us LAST Monday.  They have a hot spot function, so, according to the team leader, we should be able to do what we want.  We'll see!!
"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."

awilkes05

So...At&t could not end everything without a "grand finale"  :roll:

Our phone were there Tuesday.  I called to register the SIM card w/ the phones.  The rep that helped me said she completed the update but my phones were showing "no sim card in place". So, she troubleshooted the phones several times before she decided to transfer me to tech support.  Tech support said the only option was to wait until the next day and go to a store b/c seemingly the sims cards appeared to be defected.  Both of them :roll:.

So, I'm already annoyed at this point. It's like its never ending for them.  So, before I get off the phone, I checked my old (Windows) phone to see if the sim cards would fit (they didn't).  But, what I did discover was that BOTH of my old phones had no service.  Zero.  What it all sums up to, is that, when the 1st rep activated those cards to our new phones, the old phones' sim card automatically deactivated.  Translation - we were w/out cell phones.  Nothing. I was livid. 

There was absolutely nothing that they (nor we) could do.  It was after 11:00 at this point so all the stores were closed. We had to wait until we could get to a store or wait for them to overnight us the new cards.  I couldn't get to a store anytime soon b/c I had meetings all the next day.  Add that to hubbs and I sharing one car, made it almost impossible to get to a store in a timely manner.  We own a business.  How many calls could we have missed that day? My hubby works for a psycho boss who would have been very upset to not be able to talk to hubby when needed.  I drove 3 hours yesterday.  What was I to do if I had an emergency and needed my hubby? And to top it off, the rep could have cared less.  So, I ask to speak w/ a team leader (de ja vu!!!).  The only things she could offer were apologies and yet another $200+ credit to our bill.

Anyways, it worked out that I was able to get out of my meeting a little early and swing by a store on my way home.  20 mins tops and I was out of there w/ working phones. 

So, after having it for a lil while, I'm not too impressed.  But, that's just b/c it's not a Windows phone lol.  I'll get over it.  I have yet to try it out w/ my tablet.  Maybe I will get a chance tonight.
"Take me to that place Lord, to that secret place, where I can be with YOU.  You can make me like You."

Lynx

Wow.  I've never had this much trouble with them.  Sorry to hear you're having to put up with all that. 

Can you find a local nerd who can hash all this junk out on your behalf?  Usually we nerds are happy to help.  I'd help if I could, but you folks are there and I am here. 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: