Ask Practicalme something unpractical

Started by sunlight, April 20, 2008, 03:55:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

Lol. Well rats. It sounded like it was something good. Lol
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Assuredbyfaith

Anyone else find it sad that we live in a world that people are more likely to say, write; or post something completely random; rather than carry on a conversation?
That people in large have forgotten how to converse? Or that conversations usually find everyone with some type of technology in hand; and highly distracted by said technology!!!?
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

...or that we do this with out thinking! It has become an unconscious habit/ state of mind!
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

I don't like talking on the phone. I'd rather be able to look you in the eyes & read your expressions/body language.  I don't mind texting, but it's not something that I do constantly, either.
I will say that I am thankful for skype since my oldest daughter & her family live out of country.

But you are correct, sometimes we are in the same room but not really "there"

Assuredbyfaith

I don't mind any form of communication...I just think we are losing the ability to communicate! Everyone is so involved in life; and when they aren't involved in life; their busy playing in alternate realities! It's sad when you meet up to have dinner, laughter, and a good time; and those you haven't seen in a while are too distracted by what's on their phones to converse! Too busy playing games, being entertained! 😩

Lynx

That's why I really like my family... well, one of the reasons. When we all get together for a family dinner we're all there and we're all "there." It can get a bit noisy sometimes but we all talk to each other.  And my family is mostly full of nuts so we have some pretty good (fun)  conversations.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Lynx on February 24, 2015, 12:38:10 AM
That's why I really like my family... well, one of the reasons. When we all get together for a family dinner we're all there and we're all "there." It can get a bit noisy sometimes but we all talk to each other.  And my family is mostly full of nuts so we have some pretty good (fun)  conversations.

My family is sort of the same...loud, funny, ready to tell/share our thoughts, opinions, stories, jokes...we usually end up being very loud; because we all want to be a part of the moment, and we all want to be heard!! 😏  Good times....

sunlight

I like how I can ask my mom any question whether it's silly or random and I know she will give me an honest answer.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Mountain Dew

Quote from: ROSCOE on March 2, 2015, 02:56 PM
How come I eat creamed corn and it comes out in whole kernels?

:laughhard: Only you!
Delight in the Lord...

Roscoe

Quote from: Mountain Dew on March 03, 2015, 11:17:32 PM

:eyebrow: I don't recall having ever said that......:eyebrow:
That looks suspiciously like a "Mini" saying, of which I am innocent, and a frame up job by Mountain Dew......
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

MelodyB

A serious question for the PF.

What is you and your hubby's favorite place to go to eat?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Hmmm.  One we haven't been to in ages is Red Lobster.  He really likes crab legs.

Mountain Dew

Quote from: Roscoe on March 03, 2015, 11:32:57 PM

That looks suspiciously like a "Mini" saying, of which I am innocent, and a frame up job by Mountain Dew......
:angel3
Delight in the Lord...

Assuredbyfaith

What is the strangest thing you've cooked, or eaten?

Assuredbyfaith

If appropriate: What is the strangest/funniest thing someone has lied to you about?

Strange as in; there was no earthly reason to lie about said thing!

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 09, 2015, 05:04:33 PM
If appropriate: What is the strangest/funniest thing someone has lied to you about?

I'm pondering said subject...because I am often(and quite recently) amazed by the Lies people tell me...that; and the TMI they feel the need to share! I just don't understand;and I am unsure if it's a case of: they think I am naive; they want to impress me; or just a fact that so many others likely believe their lies? :smirk2: :-\ :roll:

Assuredbyfaith

Quote from: Roscoe on March 03, 2015, 11:32:57 PM

Question:The strangest product you've seen for sale?

To whom it may concern:FYI: the local retailer(a store near you) has a play dough kit that forms 💩 and has a mold so that you can make whole kernels of corn to go in it!!! 😲😣😔

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 09, 2015, 05:01:02 PM
What is the strangest thing you've cooked, or eaten?
I'm not very adventuresome with food.  So, the strangest I've cooked would probably be crab legs or crawfish.
I guess the strangest that I've eaten would be alligator.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on March 09, 2015, 05:04:33 PM

I know people that do that.  I can't think of a really good example at the moment.

One gal I work with, we've joked that she's had 3 hysterectomies and her mother has died at least twice.
One time she took off saying her husband got trampled by a cow. It could be true, but so much wasn't that we are always doubtful of what she says.