Main Menu

Another Laptop Post

Started by mini, January 25, 2008, 09:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Thought some of you might like the pics I took of this laptop my IT guy got:

Heres another...holding a dollar bill up to it to show its size:

http://eeepc.asus.com/global/

As you can see, he has Windows XP on it, instead of the version of Linux that came with it.

Kinda neat...and very small.

-mini
:grin:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Sister_Mom

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Tsalagi

QuoteAs you can see, he has Windows XP on it, instead of the version of Linux that came with it.

*Gasp!*

Sacrilege!

mini

Thats what I thought, but the dual boot vista/ubuntu laptop and macbook that he uses also let him slide for this one time.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MelodyB

I think Rae just got one of those...no joke.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Babs

the hard drives are rather small though, i think 8 gigs is the largest i found.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Cody P

Im not really that amused by that laptop. No offense I just think it looks kinda stupid. Why spend money on a computer that is so small and the screen in my view is way to slim and small.
I Am A Child Of God !

Tsalagi

They're a lot of use in field situations where you have to lug all your equipment around. 

SippinTea

Trust me on this one... a self-employed music teacher would love one.  :thumbsup2:

Some days I think I should take up weight-lifting, just so I can pack all my gear around. Ugh.

:beret:

NessasMama

It's kind of neat, but, I think I might get eye strain from such a small screen!!!!!
I was born weird -- this terrible compulsion to behave normally is the result of childhood trauma.

Babs

i wouldnt mind having one, just not for my main laptop, but would be nice for easier carry. would need a huge mem card for it though lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Quote from: Mz. Ethyl on January 26, 2008, 06:32:02 PM
i wouldnt mind having one, just not for my main laptop, but would be nice for easier carry. would need a huge mem card for it though lol

ya you would

Babs

there is a new 8 gig one on ebay for $500, with a 20 gig mem card

My latest blog post.

mini

Quote from: upc_guy21 on January 26, 2008, 04:48:40 PM
Im not really that amused by that laptop. No offense I just think it looks kinda stupid. Why spend money on a computer that is so small and the screen in my view is way to slim and small.
Quote from: Tsalagi on January 26, 2008, 05:13:13 PM
They're a lot of use in field situations where you have to lug all your equipment around. 

Ill second what T said.  All of our radio equipment is on top of a water tower.  To get there, you have to climb over 100 feet.  Doesnt sound like much, but there are 4 flights of ladders you have to climb to get to the top.  And to get any thing up there, you have to carry it up.  So to get up there and do any last minute programing, he can either carry a full sized laptop or this small one, plus all his other gear, radios, antennas, etc.  Eee Pc it is...

:grin:

Sister_Mom

Quote from: minnesota68 on January 26, 2008, 06:50:32 PM
Quote from: upc_guy21 on January 26, 2008, 04:48:40 PM
Quote from: Tsalagi on January 26, 2008, 05:13:13 PM

Ill second what T said. 
[/quote

I'll third that.  :grin:

Right now I work at a bank, but in my line of work, if I freelanced, i would be beneficial to show my work to a client by printout, but also having it on screen and have the files there to make adjustments and show the effects of changes they might like to make, on the spot. Designs could be done on my main computer, downloaded to the laptop, carried with me and if the customer came up with any ideas for changes, I could manipulate the files right then and there and give them an idea as to how it would look without taking chances on altering the original files if they changed their mind.  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Tsalagi

Here's a little kit for insurance adjusters and the like:

SippinTea

Ooo, that's cool!  :thumbsup2:

Not that I'm an insurance adjuster, but that's pretty nifty. LOL

Sister_Mom

I think that's a excellent idea for just about anybody.  :great:  :great:

As a matter of fact, you could come up with one to suit students, one for musicians, one for graphic artists..... etc. Have a whole line of computer "kits" or "packages" designed to suit various lifestyles.  :great:

LeahMarie

Dance Like Nobody\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s Watching, Love Like You\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

SippinTea

*waits to see if Tsoggi comes up with a cool kit for music teachers* :P