News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Kick The "Can"

Started by Babs, January 20, 2008, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babs

i can, but probably wont lol

can you play a song just by hearing someone sing it?
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Sure, playing by ear is easiest:cool:

EDIT:  Sorry, I mistook that as basically a rephrase of "can you play by ear?"  Just by hearing a person sing the song?  Hmmm... depends on the song, but usually probably not.  I'm only just developing a sense of what chords go where.  Playing piano chords is much more complex than saxophone, where you only have one note at a time.

Now with a one-note-at-a-time instrument like trumpet, sax, etc... sure, I can pick up the tune a person is singing, play the lead or pop fills in around it, easy. 

Can you rollerblade?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

i cannot (anymore, i used to lol)

can you read an average size novel in a day?
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Easily. 

Can you write backward?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Tricia Lea

I can but no one could read it lol

Can you dance?

Lynx

Nah, no interest.  I have great balance, I walk with a perceptible spring and when business gets hectic at w*rk I almost feel I'm dancing with the flow of orders, but I never did have any reason to dance, be it ballet, line, ballroom or other.

Can you skip backward?
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

no I can't lol

Can you play football?

Lynx

Technically I can, but I have zero interest.  I like my head attached to my shoulders and intend to keep it, and I like my spine right where it is.

Can you make cheesecake?
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I can. Chel taught me. Did I mention she made three back in January and we ate them? All of them?!

:hypocrite:

Can you burp the ABCs?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

Just have to twist the knife eh?

No I can't burp on command.  I never have had a good reason to learn.

On the other hand... I never had a good reason to learn how to raise my eyebrows one at a time, but I did and I can.  It's amazing the completely useless things you can learn how to do just because you think they are neat.  I can even raise them individually to the beat of a song, for no apparent reason.  Can you? 
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

Lynx

No, and scientists claim you can't either.  They say what most people call multitasking is simply rapidly flipping between multiple tasks.  Don't ask me, they're the ones with the time-motion studies and brain scans.

Can you run over ice without falling?
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

I can't

Can you drive backwards?

Lynx

Yup.  It's actually kind of fun, but at speed it usually requires overclocking the brain's central processor.  In other words, it is hard on the brain.  :P

Can you load a media player (most people call them mp3 players)?  Don't laugh, some people can't.
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

yep

Can you completely build a computer

Lynx

Depends on the definition.  I could take the motherboard, cd bay, power supply, ram and all the other parts and connect them.  I could "make" a computer by putting all the parts together because these days everything is modular.  If it requires assembling a motherboard from circuits, transistors and springs, that's over my head.

Can you listen to a choir and pick out your part?
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

I can. I can pick out all the parts, and still know where mine is. Hehe.

Can you touch the tip of your nose with your tongue?

Lynx

No, but fortunately I have never had the need to.

Can you make homemade banana pudding?  Homemade means without instant pudding from the store.
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

I probably can, haven't tried

Can you  type with your eyes closed?

Lynx

Yup.  I'm typing this with my eyes closed.  I won't even fix mistakes when I open my eyes to read it.

And now my eyes are open and there's nothing to fix.  I credit my high school typing teacher.  :)

Can you install a computer operating system?  (I probably know the answer and you don't, because I know how easy some operating systems are to install these days.)
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea

IDK. I havent tried yet, Afraid to mess it up lol

can you fall asleep sitting up?

MelodyB

Yep. I did that yesterday while watching Parker.

Can you text with your eyes shut?

Tricia Lea

No

Can you cut onions without tears?

Lynx

Nope.  They always tell me a sad story while I'm cutting them up.   :cry2:

And the answer to my last one was yes you can install a computer OS.  A child of three could.  It's dead easy these days.

Can you close your eyes, stand on one leg and stretch both arms out straight in front of you without falling over?
"Do you sing at church?"

Tricia Lea